Sign in to follow this  
mattman7168

Trading Brees in Dynasty

I play in a 12 team Dynasty/Keeper hybrid league. Roster size is 20 spots. Pretty much standard scoring, 1 QB starts...Prior to the draft we cut down to 9. The draft is then 11 rounds with all cut players and rookies in the pool. The big name rookies tend to go first but there are usually a couple big names that no one could trade away and/or could not be kept after cutting down to 9, so those players are likely scooped in the late 1st or early 2nd.

This year, my team fell apart. The first time I am not making the playoffs in 10 years. Have had Brees since he was a rookie, but his time is fading and I am hoping Daniel Jones can be my QB for the future  (Mariotta and Rosen were supposed to be my future too...see how that worked out 😫). Anyway, I've put Brees on the block and am expecting a 1st, or at the very least a 2nd rounder. So far, I've only received an offer of a 3rd...since "sweetened" with the 3rd and Rivers. I don't care about Rivers...he's not my answer either.

Am I out of line to think Brees is worth a 1st in this format? Considering the person wanting him is a serious contender for the title?

Thoughts?

Appreciate the reply. I agree, he's getting older. But just so we understand each other though...it's a 1st in a dynasty/keeper league where we keep 9 players, so round 1 is the equivalent of the 10th round in a re-draft league.

i don't pay in Dynasty leagues so am really not sure on his value but id say a QB needy team would offer high if its 9 keepers,

brees is getting old but the saints look set for id say 2 more good years, they are a play off / superbowl team they got screwed by a bad call last year but are right back there again this year,

Thomas and karma a great pass catching RB  will also boost his value.

basically i think he is a great QB to have for the next 2 years with good selling points, but its if you have a team who is lacking a QB if not then you should be aiming for 2nd round max but that might not be worth much to you 

All of my teams are dynasty with similar keeper rules.

I would be shocked if you get that for Brees at this point.

The main thing in dynasty is youth.

I would take the deal you were offered.

2 hours ago, mattman7168 said:

Got a 2nd for Brees. It's a snake draft so depending where the other team finishes, it could be pick 13-18.

Wow! Good job

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

Wow! Good job

I guess. I've given up picks in years past when making the push for the playoffs/suber-bowl. It's win now and worry about next year next year.

4 hours ago, mattman7168 said:

I guess. I've given up picks in years past when making the push for the playoffs/suber-bowl. It's win now and worry about next year next year.

Yeah, if somebody is desperate to win now, makes a big difference.

He's not even been a keeper in all of my leagues the past year or two

19 hours ago, polecatt said:

He's not even been a keeper in all of my leagues the past year or two

Wow! He's usually the first automatic keeper for me. With 12 teams and rosters of 20 players being cut down to 9, I don't see how Brees wouldn't be a keeper.

2 hours ago, mattman7168 said:

Wow! He's usually the first automatic keeper for me. With 12 teams and rosters of 20 players being cut down to 9, I don't see how Brees wouldn't be a keeper.

His stats have fallen off a little bit the past couple of years, it's fair to point out that the guy who had him doesn't usually keep QBs, and last year the guy who owned him also had Mahomes

We keep a minimum of 8 players, most people load up on RBs and WRs