Sign in to follow this  
Woble Eth

Are You Still Rostering Miles Sanders?

I am running out of reasons to keep the guy on my roster. Hilariously, I carry two kickers, this zany league has always had inflated scoring for kickers, so Even though Butker is on a bye, and conventional wisdom would be to dump the K.... but for a guy averaging 15 points a week, I can't do it.. 

Incidentally that is almost twice what Sanders is scoring.. LOL     And admittedly he is behind Barkley, Freeman, Hunt, Guice and Hill. 

But I still struggle dumping the guy...  Probably that homer-ism, but  I'd rather use that spot on Gallman (if Barkley is shut down) or a Goedert.. or something more beneficial. 

I dunno - his value just isn't there and with an eye towards the playoffs, gotta set the table.   At least that is what I am telling myself..  Haha 

I dropped him a few weeks ago ... and he sat on the waiver wire until last week (though to be fair, it's a league where we only start two RBs, with no flex). At a certain point, the question becomes whether he will ever be anything beyond a spot start.

I will say, though, that if you've held this long, there are two reasons to try to wait it out a little longer: Howard's injury and the upcoming schedule. Weeks 13-15 are Miami, NYG and Washington. Given your other options, I could definitely see him emerging as your RB2 in that timeframe.

A true disappointment 

• Thanks 1

I still have him in a very limited roster space league, but am going to have to "rent" J. Samules to start over him. 

The Eagles RBs and WRs are a gamble week to week.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a decent game or two left in him.

Just don't ask which one it will be.

Exactly, he’s worth a hold , if there isn’t any better option, but if you do when would you trust starting him. Mmm ? 

May have to start him this week against SEA D not great...he's had some really good weeks!

Philly has good schedule for offensive players possibly: wk 13:MIA -28th vs run, wk 14: NYG- 21st vs run then wk 15 -WAS 27th and wk 16 DAL 20th

sounds like he may get the load again this week......Howard has not been cleared yet.

Jordan Howard (shoulder) has yet to be cleared for contact.

It's not a good sign for his Week 12 availability. With Howard now looking closer to doubtful than probable, expect Miles Sanders to carry the mail Sunday when the Eagles host Seattle. Though it didn't result in much fantasy production, the rookie saw encouraging usage in last week's loss to New England, leading the Eagles' backfield in both snaps (61) and total touches (13). Sanders will be on the RB2 map if Howard sits.

Jay Ajayi to have a "notable' role in Sunday's matchup: 

Zach Berman of The Athletic expects Jay Ajayi to have a "notable role" Week 12 against the Seahawks.

Ajayi was active for last week's game in New England but was only available on an emergency basis as Miles Sanders and Boston Scott handled all the Eagles' rushing work. Now that he's had a full week to acclimate himself, (the Eagles re-signed him last Friday), Ajayi should see the field against Seattle and could play a meaningful role with Jordan Howard (stinger) still not cleared for contact. It's possible Ajayi takes over as the lead ball-carrier with Sanders reverting to his usual receiving role, though obviously there are many moving parts to consider in Philadelphia's backfield committee.

If you have been relying on Miles to win games...your roster possibly has other concerning issues.

Rostering  Miles isn’t that same thing as relying on him to win games. 

On 11/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, gpann101 said:

If you have been relying on Miles to win games...your roster possibly has other concerning issues.

Actually, if you passed on RBs (or your 2nd RB) early in your draft there’s a good chance your other positions are better than average save for injuries or busts.  Just my 2 cents.

and no, I’m not in a position to have to consider Miles.  I do however have the luxury to stash him and wait.

I am. Then again I get some point for return yards and Sanders was actually like top 12 overall and better than Kamara and Michel in my league.