Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

For those of u who claimed J Williams off waivers...

Have u since cut him with the news of Wilkins playing, and this likely being a rbbc? If not and you are starting him, who r u benching? I think especially with him playing tonight he’s a pretty big gamble. 

I think you’d be silly to cut him after last week’s performance. It certainly should earn him a lot of playing time for now. Maybe don’t start him this week if you’re nervous but cutting him would be silly

Well, here is some food for thought:

The last RB to score a rushing TD against the Texans was CMac....in week 4. That being said, I am holding for this week, but on the bench (so he's likely to go off)

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

Well, here is some food for thought:

The last RB to score a rushing TD against the Texans was CMac....in week 4. That being said, I am holding for this week, but on the bench (so he's likely to go off)

Edwards had a 63yd rushing TD last week against the Texans. But that was only the 3rd rushing TD they've allowed to a RB all season. They have allowed 4 receiving TDs to RBs fwiw. 

3 minutes ago, PunkRockRedneck said:

Edwards had a 63yd rushing TD last week against the Texans. But that was only the 3rd rushing TD they've allowed to a RB all season.

Indeed...thank you

grabbed him in 2 leagues, but have better options with better matchup.

holding as a wait & see, and prevent opponents from using him.

31 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

holding as a wait & see, and prevent opponents from using him.

He seems like exactly the kind of scrub that I WANT my opponents using against me.

I'm very leery. I did pick him up, but considering what Brian Hill did in a dream match-up last week, I'm probably going to keep him on the bench.

I'll probably get laughed off the thread for even mentioning this, but if someone is truly desperate, & he's available, Kalen Ballage might be a better choice.

He may have set a record for yardage per touch last week. 9 rushes 9 yards & 5 receptions for 8 yards! 

But he did manage to fall into the end zone once, so in my league (non ppr) he managed 7.70 pts.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jonathan Williams will serve as the Colts' starter Thursday against the Texans.

The former practice-squadder broke out for 116 yards on just 13 carries in last week's win over Jacksonville and will carry the mail again in Week 12, even with Jordan Wilkins due back from an ankle injury. Williams may lose passing-down opportunities to Nyheim Hines, but he's still the back to own in Indy, at least until Marlon Mack returns from his broken hand.

Just now, JagFan said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jonathan Williams will serve as the Colts' starter Thursday against the Texans.

The former practice-squadder broke out for 116 yards on just 13 carries in last week's win over Jacksonville and will carry the mail again in Week 12, even with Jordan Wilkins due back from an ankle injury. Williams may lose passing-down opportunities to Nyheim Hines, but he's still the back to own in Indy, at least until Marlon Mack returns from his broken hand.

Thanks for the update.

My RB’s suck so I have no choice but to roll the dice on him.  I’ll probably get 2 points, but what are you going to do?

I heard good things about Jonathan Williams apparently spoken by the Colts staff.  Good enough where I was intrigued, mostly because I was a Mack owner and had to drop him (thin benches in one league).  

On that note, podcast also said the injury Mack has apparently isn't necessarily a long term one.  He had a plate/screws installs which essentially makes it stable at that very moment.  It's similar to the inj that Demarco Murray had on the Cowboys a few years and he came back in 2 weeks.  That was Murray's left hand, this is Mack's right (ball carrying hand) but it may not be the 4-6 weeks timeframe typical of fractures.  :dunno:

I have no other options, D. Cook and D. Williams not playing, so it's B. HIll or J. Williams.

B Hill screwed me, so Williams goes in.

Okay, so officially named starter for tonight, but Wilkins is back from injury as well. Kinda sounds to me like Williams gets lion's share of between-the-tackles work and goal line, plus catches a pass or two, while Hines does his usual 3rd down/main receiving back role.....and Wilkins is mostly for RB depth while he is given a light/limited role his first game back from a bad ankle?

Williams weighs 220 to Wilkins 201, so seems natural to use him as the hammer. Again, Texan rush defense is no joke, but Williams is fresh as a daisy....having only 15 carries this season, and 45 for his entire NFL career since 2016. Might just have to flex him in and hope he doesn't pull a Brian Hill.

12 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Okay, so officially named starter for tonight, but Wilkins is back from injury as well. Kinda sounds to me like Williams gets lion's share of between-the-tackles work and goal line, plus catches a pass or two, while Hines does his usual 3rd down/main receiving back role.....and Wilkins is mostly for RB depth while he is given a light/limited role his first game back from a bad ankle?

Williams weighs 220 to Wilkins 201, so seems natural to use him as the hammer. Again, Texan rush defense is no joke, but Williams is fresh as a daisy....having only 15 carries this season, and 45 for his entire NFL career since 2016. Might just have to flex him in and hope he doesn't pull a Brian Hill.

Stay positive.  One of these dart throws has to hit.

20 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Stay positive.  One of these dart throws has to hit.

Yep.....in fact, FF as a whole is kinda akin to a weekly dart throwing contest....but sure is sweet when you occasionally hit the bulls eye.

37 minutes ago, JagFan said:

So far the volume is there.

Volume....aye

Production....nay

But grinding out yardage in the flex, so can't ask for much more. No sign of Wilkins yet either.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

He seems like exactly the kind of scrub that I WANT my opponents using against me.

Great call moron

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

I’m a little late to the party, but started vs Jones II.

I think I got it right for once.

Word up, my homie....

I went back and forth on starting him.  Made the switch to put him in at 8:15.  I am fighting for a playoff spot and I think this was a decision that saved my season.  

How come AxElf never comes back to eat crow when she’s wrong?  I guess that would take up most of her day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JagFan said:

How come AxElf never comes back to eat crow when she’s wrong?  I guess that would take up most of her day.

He'll be here.  His day job at Keebler keeps him busy during the day.

• Like 1

I was pretty stoked about his performance. Used him thinking if I'm lucky he'll give me 12-15 pts. 21.1 pts once it was all done. 6 pts short of Hopkins who my opponent has. 

he will be the man if aaron jones goes down.

22 minutes ago, taco breath said:

he will be the man if aaron jones goes down.

Yep, this thread would have had more traction if he would have used "Jonathan" instead of "J" in the title.

Started him over Hyde. Love the results. He looks like a 3 down back by the way they used him. Could be a huge part of a playoff team. Any word on Mack?

Just now, bmeadows said:

Started him over Hyde. Love the results. He looks like a 3 down back by the way they used him. Could be a huge part of a playoff team. Any word on Mack?

Mack is on waivers in my league and want to stash him if he comes back in the next couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, bmeadows said:

Mack is on waivers in my league and want to stash him if he comes back in the next couple weeks. 

Mack is a great stash if you are pretty sure you are going to the playoffs....which, I assume, is about the time he will be coming back. Until then, although the schedule isn't premo, Williams should be a great flex or even a good RB2. 

However, if Williams continues to play well, I could see a hair-pulling scenario for FF owners when Mack returns. He will not stay on the bench, but Williams will have earned playing time, resulting in the dreaded RBBC with the weekly guessing game that we all try to avoid.

Expecally in the playoffs. 

“Experts” are saying Mack “might” miss week 13, as if he has a chance to play. I’m no doctor, but if you break the hand you carry the ball with and have surgery on it, I can’t imagine you’ll play for at least 3-4 weeks. Anyone else feel this way?  

I do and it worries me. One good hit from a 300+ man on a fractured hand, would send anyone off the field in pain. Hate to see a Conner repeat once he returns. Hold J Williams as he may be a solid RB through the playoffs. 

I can’t see him being able to be a full go for at least 3-5 weeks.