Sign in to follow this  
2019-20 MLB Off-Season...

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Rendon 7-245 as well

From a team whose leading pitcher had 7 wins (probably would have had more if he lived), and had no one start more than 18 games. :dunno:

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

From a team whose leading pitcher had 7 wins (probably would have had more if he lived), and had no one start more than 18 games. :dunno:

There are rumors of them trading for Kluber AND Carrasco from the Indians.  Might cost them Canning, Fletcher, and Rengifo though.

Given this shiity, half ass pitching staff - it would have made no sense to pay Rendon 7/245 - glad the Rangers didn't get him.

Not that we were ever in the hunt anyway. JD and ownership sold a bill of goods to the fans, told us they were pursing Rendon.. Of course by that they meant they offered him something like 7/135m... Cheap ass focks.

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The Angels still owe Pujols $29m this year, $30m in 2021.... Wow.

Tigers owe Miggy 30 for this year, 30 for 2021, 32 for 2022, 32 for 2023, 30 for 2024 and 30 for 2025 :lol:

only 184 million left :dunno:

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Tigers owe Miggy 30 for this year, 30 for 2021, 32 for 2022, 32 for 2023, 30 for 2024 and 30 for 2025 :lol:

only 184 million left :dunno:

:o

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

:o

His OPS since 2013

2013    1.078    
2014    .895    
2015    .974    
2016    .956    
2017    .728        
2018    .843    
2019    .744    

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Angels, Dodgers, Padres, well everyone missed the bus on this one, the Indians just did a pure salary dump

Kluber is done anyway

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Angels, Dodgers, Padres, well everyone missed the bus on this one, the Indians just did a pure salary dump

Indians excel at finding talent on the rosters of other teams.  In the past year they gave up nothing to get OF Oscar Mercado and traded Yan Gomes (who had no future with the Indians) for SP Jefry Rodriguez and OF Jet Johnson (who looks like he's gonna be a star).  They could potentially have one of the best outfields in a couple years and gave up nothing to do it.  They just stole talent.  I kinda give the Indians the benefit of the doubt when they trade Kluber for Emmanuel Clase. 

14 minutes ago, posty said:

Dirt cheap.  I wonder why no one wanted him?  He had a great season last year.  I'll bet he has an out clause in there.

Typical Rangers ownership/management move -

Trade for a 34 year old, coming off an injury - hoping to resurrect his career. I swear - that's all this team is good at, they make moves based off injury reports.

The fact Kluber only pulled what he did in trade ought to tell you something... DeShields? I liked him but geesh - he sucks. And sure the kid throws 100 mph - who doesn't now days?

Fans and the team are acting like they just landed 27 year old, fully healthy Corey Kluber - good grief.

Posty could you please post some big time signings by the Os?  :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Joey Belle? :dunno:

Now if we can just get Glenn Davis, we'll be unstoppable!  :headbanger:

Looks like the noose is tightening around Cora's and the Red Sox neck. Having a 200 million dollar payroll wasn't enough of an advantage? Asterisks all around. 

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

after they claimed they were out too

Thanks for posting about Donaldson...

Looks like Arenado might be on his way out of Colorado. He has an out after 2021. Hurts his trade value. 

58 minutes ago, posty said:

I guess the Braves don't want to win any more...

1 Million for a flyer on Hernandez as a #5.  Seems reasonable to me.  20ish starts, 7ish wins is not much to ask for.  

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

1 Million for a flyer on Hernandez as a #5.  Seems reasonable to me.  20ish starts, 7ish wins is not much to ask for.  

I don't think he has seven wins in him...

5 minutes ago, posty said:

I don't think he has seven wins in him...

He had 6-7 starts (out of 15) last season that were decent enough to get a win. Mariners were bad. 

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

He had 6-7 starts (out of 15) last season that were decent enough to get a win. Mariners were bad. 

I know, I am just not enthused about this guy...

51 minutes ago, posty said:

I know, I am just not enthused about this guy...

Worst case he's done.  Probable case he has a couple of seasons left as a spot/5th starter.  Best case he turns into Livan Hernandez and gets 40 more wins in the next 5 years.  All 3 are very possible.

The fact that Edwin Jackson keeps getting signed means MLB teams need innings.  He is 37-62 in the last 7 years with a 5.47 ERA. And Jackson was never King Felix.

Baseball lost me. I am a lifelong fan. I stayed through the strike when people like benny agbayani was the product they put out. Through the PED shitt. But this cheating is it. Im done. I no longer believe in the product they put on the field. Its a show. Like WWE without the physicality.