Super Cubs

2020 stash

dynasty/keeper who do you have stashed for next year?  injured, rookie waiting his turn, back up that's a free agent next year, whatever.....

John Ross -  I assume Green is gone next year.

Darwin Thompson - hasn't looked great so far, but worth a gamble for year 2 improvement.  Not expecting Shady to be back and Damien is proving to be not so durable.  Would be a good sign if the Chiefs don't draft a RB early (or at all)...... 

Doesn’t meet your criteria, but I’d do whatever it takes to get Eckler.  Top 5 finish next year.  

I have 4 dynasty teams and I don't really have anybody stashed that I'm not using now

Maybe Tony Pollard on one team but not sure I'll keep him

Michael Gallup on the same team and he doesn't see my starting line up much so probably him too

I have some good rookies, Kyler Murray and Josh Jacobs on a couple of teams, but they already see my starting line up almost weekly

On one, maybe still holding out some hope for Njoku

andrew luck?

2 hours ago, taco breath said:

andrew luck?

Nope, stashed him last season, not this season

Chase Edmonds

For my own personal .02

Unless it's a back that has already shown he can start and produce. I'd pass on the dart throws this off season. (At least at RB). 

This 2020 draft class for RB, could go down as one of the best and deepest we've ever had (At least for fantasy purposes anyway). And with the position already being devalued as it has been over recent years. Teams are gonna get a really good back day 3 into the draft. I got 10 RB's I really like, draft eligible that I believe can be starters in the league. That doesn't even count the couple kids that ARE regularly talked about, that I just (myself only) don't get a good feeling on.

For this position. I'd skip the swing for the fences FA, and instead. Try to get extra rookie picks in the 2nd and high 3rd round range, that owners usually tend to trade away fairly cheap.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kopy said:

For my own personal .02

Unless it's a back that has already shown he can start and produce. I'd pass on the dart throws this off season. (At least at RB). 

This 2020 draft class for RB, could go down as one of the best and deepest we've ever had (At least for fantasy purposes anyway). And with the position already being devalued as it has been over recent years. Teams are gonna get a really good back day 3 into the draft. I got 10 RB's I really like, draft eligible that I believe can be starters in the league. That doesn't even count the couple kids that ARE regularly talked about, that I just (myself only) don't get a good feeling on.

For this position. I'd skip the swing for the fences FA, and instead. Try to get extra rookie picks in the 2nd and high 3rd round range, that owners usually tend to trade away fairly cheap.

I think the RBs have kind of bounced back a little over the past couple of seasons.

I'm not a huge fan of keeping RBs that have sat the bench for a couple of seasons and are waiting for an opportunity. It's a bad sign, of course sometimes it works out.

Rookie RBs are the lifeblood of dynasty league. Rookie QBs and WRs often struggle as a rookie but not so much the RBs.

It's really about the only way to get a top notch RB without breaking the bank on a trade. Nobody ever drops good RBs into the draft pool either.

I pretty much always drop as many players as I can so I can get the rookies. My leagues the more players you drop the higher your draft picks.

If it's a big year for rookie RBs, there's not going to be many people hanging onto players.

It's gonna be a real exciting year in general. The TE's are pretty blah, and I don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling out of the QB's that some are gushing over. But the WR class looks really good also. I'd say a full 2 rounds of a dynasty rookie draft are gonna produce definite quality this year. I think the stashes come in the form of latter picks that alot of owners toss aside fairly cheaply. Over the end of the year FA cross your fingers pickup.

If I was gonna go FA stash. I'd pick the TE position. Maybe someone's available like a Irv Smith Jr. Immense talent, just didn't get to start this year. Maybe a Dawson Knox. Guy who looks pretty good, and is the starter. Jacob Hollister in Seattle. I love Dissly, but now 2 season ending injuries in 2 years? Guys like that, and at a position where you can have a potential definitive starter. Where the incoming rookie class is pretty crappy.

• Like 1

Added Gus Edwards in both leagues. I think he will be a FA at the end of the season. He might end up in a good spot.

Id we have room on roster:

Mattison

Hunt

Dissley

irv smith

juju

OK.....been about a month since the last post and this thread can become valuable as we go into the offseason.

What about the Gronk?

Lamar Miller?

H. Butler, Justin Jackson, McKinnon, O. Foreman??

For me, looking to stash WR AJ Brown and WR Deebo Samuel. Possibly RB Devin Singletary.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:55 PM, Kopy said:

It's gonna be a real exciting year in general. The TE's are pretty blah, and I don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling out of the QB's that some are gushing over. But the WR class looks really good also. I'd say a full 2 rounds of a dynasty rookie draft are gonna produce definite quality this year. I think the stashes come in the form of latter picks that alot of owners toss aside fairly cheaply. Over the end of the year FA cross your fingers pickup.

If I was gonna go FA stash. I'd pick the TE position. Maybe someone's available like a Irv Smith Jr. Immense talent, just didn't get to start this year. Maybe a Dawson Knox. Guy who looks pretty good, and is the starter. Jacob Hollister in Seattle. I love Dissly, but now 2 season ending injuries in 2 years? Guys like that, and at a position where you can have a potential definitive starter. Where the incoming rookie class is pretty crappy.

I like your take on the 3 TE's.you mentioned. I think all 3 have  a decent chance at being good players who will produce good numbers .

For TE, I have Blake Jarwin.  I guess I can call OJ Howard a stash since he'll suck until it gets away from TB.

At wide receiver I have Pettis and Trequan Smith.

For runningback, I picked up Kenneth Dixon praying that he can stay healthy.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:44 PM, Super Cubs said:

dynasty/keeper who do you have stashed for next year?  injured, rookie waiting his turn, back up that's a free agent next year, whatever.....

John Ross -  I assume Green is gone next year.

I think if Green is healthy, they will try to bring him back.  Together with Ross and Tate,  it could potentially be a very good group of WR.

I don’t see Green returning. 

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I think if Green is healthy, they will try to bring him back.  Together with Ross and Tate,  it could potentially be a very good group of WR.

If they both are healthy, then Joe Burrow will have some decent players, Mixon too, to start his rookie campaign to get the ball to.I hope Cincy surrounds Burrow with talent and.din't.hinder his progress. Kid could be really good.

yep. and that OT they drafted last year will be able to play the coming year.

Perhaps they draft another player.... perhaps a guard or a Center to shore up the line.    Then sign someone.

That would make all the difference to that offense.

3 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Green will land in N/E

Will Brady whine because he doesn't know the plays well enough?

Boston Scott huh, how come? 

Teddy Bridgewater.
Get him now if you can keep him. Replaces Breeze in NO if he retires or goes elsewhere to start!

Only FA worth stashing IMO.

On 11/21/2019 at 6:49 PM, JagFan said:

Doesn’t meet your criteria, but I’d do whatever it takes to get Eckler.  Top 5 finish next year.  

He was the #4 PPR RB THIS year.

Yeah but why settle for more, when you can have Ekeler plus less performance.  

On 1/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, AxeElf said:

He was the #4 PPR RB THIS year.

No, #6.  Just ahead of Chubb.

47 minutes ago, JagFan said:

No, #6.  Just ahead of Chubb.

I'm sure you can find wonky scoring systems everywhere, but in your typical PPR scoring system (1 point per reception, 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 pts per TD and -2 pts per fumble lost), Ekeler was the #4 PPR RB with 309.0 fantasy points (Chubb was #8 with 255.2--over 50 points of separation).

On 1/1/2020 at 1:18 PM, robb said:

Teddy Bridgewater.
Get him now if you can keep him. Replaces Breeze in NO if he retires or goes elsewhere to start!

Only FA worth stashing IMO.

sorry dude, I dont think he's that good.

I'll pass.

• Like 1

Let's bump this up as it gets closer to Free Agency and the Draft.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 6:38 PM, AxeElf said:

I'm sure you can find wonky scoring systems everywhere, but in your typical PPR scoring system (1 point per reception, 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 pts per TD and -2 pts per fumble lost), Ekeler was the #4 PPR RB with 309.0 fantasy points (Chubb was #8 with 255.2--over 50 points of separation).

for the record, you can go into fftoday and pick the scoring format and the tool will rank your players based on the scoring format.

so you can rank based on PPR, then go and rank based on standard scoring.  its perhaps one of the most useful analytical tools on this website.