Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

So... how many Old Fashioned'ses is enough for a Friday Night?

Yeah yeah happy Friday to all. I have had the flu since Saturday and have missed 6 days of work now. If I went in while still Contagous, it would be a biological catastrophe with how many people are working in this one room. 

Define “enough.” First, we have to assume they’re made correctly (strong). 2 is enough if they’re made correctly, I’m looking for a good buzz and plan on switching to drinking something else after. 4 is enough if that’s all I’m drinking for the night. I’ll probably be in bed early though.

• Like 1

So the correct answer is 2-3, but definitely not four.  Unfortunately the two in you will not allow you to make the correct choice.  Once you are at three isn't a 70/30 chance four are in order   Especially if it has been several months since the last time you had four and your dumb happy go lucky brain has forgotten four and everything that goes along with four.

See thats how my imbibing career goes now.  It's pretty much non existent.  Until once in a while (approximately 2-3 months) my brain will forget how I don't enjoy drinking 4 old fashioneds.  Then I'll not fock around and do it right.  Only to now recall with steadfast earnestness, I in fact do not enjoy that many old fashioneds.

Now that being said... I really don't get hung over.  Just a bit gross feeling.  When I still drank beer.... Holllleeeee fock would I get sick the next day.  Pounding pounding headaches, light sensitive, couldn't eat for several hours after awakening.  It was horrible.  Apparently the Rye Whiskey is my super power.  I actually don't feel too bad, not normal, but not even remotely hung like I used to be with beer.

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah yeah happy Friday to all. I have had the flu since Saturday and have missed 6 days of work now. If I went in while still Contagous, it would be a biological catastrophe with how many people are working in this one room. 

Did you get a flu shot? If no, are you going to get one?

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Oh, man, that sucks.  I had a bad case of the stomach flu in 2016 and that took me out for a whole week too.  Never want to go thru that again.

Hope you are getting better every day!   :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The flu shot protects you against respiratory influenza, not the stomach flu (gastroenteritis).   Stomach flu is not caused by influenza viruses.  I'm assuming @Frozenbeernuts has the stomach flu, but I could be wrong. 

And I did get MY flu shot back in October.  We old people need as much protection as possible.  ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

See thats how my imbibing career goes now.  It's pretty much non existent.  Until once in a while (approximately 2-3 months) my brain will forget how I don't enjoy drinking 4 old fashioneds.  Then I'll not fock around and do it right.  Only to now recall with steadfast earnestness, I in fact do not enjoy that many old fashioneds.

Now that being said... I really don't get hung over.  Just a bit gross feeling.  When I still drank beer.... Holllleeeee fock would I get sick the next day.  Pounding pounding headaches, light sensitive, couldn't eat for several hours after awakening.  It was horrible.  Apparently the Rye Whiskey is my super power.  I actually don't feel too bad, not normal, but not even remotely hung like I used to be with beer.

I don't drink very much anymore either.  Usually just around the holidays and never that much.  However, I usually do go overboard at least once, maybe twice, a year and forget that I can't handle it like I used.  Usually when I drink too much now it takes me out for the whole next day.  I'm basically useless around the house the following day.   I hate getting old.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

There is a sig in there for somebody if they want one.  :cheers:

Also, 4 triples?  That's like 18-20 oz of whiskey I think, almost a full fifth (which is 25-ish oz).  :o

• Like 1

One of my favorite drinks. I can easily put down 3 and be good. 4 might start getting me a little too drunk 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

One of my favorite drinks. I can easily put down 3 and be good. 4 might start getting me a little too drunk 

Yes... This is the case

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

There is a sig in there for somebody if they want one.  :cheers:

Also, 4 triples?  That's like 18-20 oz of whiskey I think, almost a full fifth (which is 25-ish oz).  :o

That's a lot of math Jerry... But.. 3oz each (I have a little steel cup which is fun) x 4 = 12 oz.

3 oz that's a triple right?

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

I got the flu shot the day before I came down with the flu. Pretty bad timing. I should have gotten it earlier. 

The flu was respiratory. It's been over a week now and I am still coughing with a runny nose. I didn't realize how bad the flu can fvck someone up. I usually recover pretty quickly. Not this time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I got the flu shot the day before I came down with the flu. Pretty bad timing. I should have gotten it earlier. 

The flu was respiratory. It's been over a week now and I am still coughing with a runny nose. I didn't realize how bad the flu can fvck someone up. I usually recover pretty quickly. Not this time. 

Are you still contagious?  Seems like not.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Are you still contagious?  Seems like not.  :dunno:

Most sites say one week. My doc said I should stay out of work through Friday, my symptoms started last Saturday. Some places say that people can remain Contagous even longer than a week. 

The problem is that I am working in a room with a few dozen other people, moving around all over the place. Theres no avoiding being really close to people. If I'm still Contagous I could have put a lot of people out for a week or so. I would have single handedly screwed up this multi million dollar project.

27 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Most sites say one week. My doc said I should stay out of work through Friday, my symptoms started last Saturday. Some places say that people can remain Contagous even longer than a week. 

The problem is that I am working in a room with a few dozen other people, moving around all over the place. Theres no avoiding being really close to people. If I'm still Contagous I could have put a lot of people out for a week or so. I would have single handedly screwed up this multi million dollar project.

Yep. And as soon as you come down with it head to the doctors office. After 3 days tamiflu isn’t really effective anymore. Getting it and taking it at the beginning will shorten it

10 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yep. And as soon as you come down with it head to the doctors office. After 3 days tamiflu isn’t really effective anymore. Getting it and taking it at the beginning will shorten it

That's where I got fvcked. This whole thing was fvcked. I went into the doctor because I had a sore throat on Friday. He says I have a sinus infection and gives me a flu shot at the same visit. The next day my symptoms got a lot worse, but I didn't realize it was the flu. I thought it was just being sick. 

Tuesday rolls around, and I'm still feeling horrible. I went to immediate care where they tell me I have the flu, and they also tell me it's too late for Tamiflu. 

Three is the answer. 

Not only is it the optimum amount for most in our age bracket, but the mixing of even 3-4 simple ingredients becomes very haphazard on that fourth cocktail. Best to just go with bourbon and a couple ice cubes at that point. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

That's where I got fvcked. This whole thing was fvcked. I went into the doctor because I had a sore throat on Friday. He says I have a sinus infection and gives me a flu shot at the same visit. The next day my symptoms got a lot worse, but I didn't realize it was the flu. I thought it was just being sick. 

Tuesday rolls around, and I'm still feeling horrible. I went to immediate care where they tell me I have the flu, and they also tell me it's too late for Tamiflu. 

They should’ve did a rapid flu test on you since it’s that time of the year 

• Like 2

Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:11 PM, DuckStupid said:

I pour four drinks most nights. Whisky to the count of 7, rest of glass is water.  F my liver. 

Got Daumn , Vodka to the count of 4 and I'm good. Past 5 drinks and I drunk post kid rock and upchurch videos. :overhead:

Your wife likes to give out old fashions.

It took almost 30 posts for the first handjob reference?  Y'all are slacking.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:56 PM, shorepatrol said:

Got Daumn , Vodka to the count of 4 and I'm good. Past 5 drinks and I drunk post kid rock and upchurch videos. :overhead:

I also piss the bed 2 nights a week and the wife is kinda tired of it.    It’s not all roses killing yourself via alcohol. 🙉

19 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

I also piss the bed 2 nights a week and the wife is kinda tired of it.    It’s not all roses killing yourself via alcohol. 🙉

No, I suppose it's not. 

So when you guys say you count to 4 or 7, is that the number of glugs out of a handle with that aerator thingy, or a wide open bottle?  :dunno:

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So when you guys say you count to 4 or 7, is that the number of glugs out of a handle with that aerator thingy, or a wide open bottle?  :dunno:

Aerator thing for me.  

On 12/1/2019 at 9:28 AM, Drizzay said:

Your wife likes to give out old fashions.

It took almost 30 posts for the first handjob reference?  Y'all are slacking.

Is a handy called an old fashioned? I consider myself something of a sex lingo expert, never heard that one.