Sign in to follow this  
xxxdog

Benny Snell Jr

My hunch Snell plays a bigger roll vs the anemic Cincy D...Snell a power rusher Tomlin praised earlier this week expected to see action with Connor out and Samuel more likely to used on receiving downs...Even if Samuel carries a heavier load in the first half, expect Snell to wear down the clock late in the game to protect a probable large lead against the Bengals and not chance a injury {Samuel} with a depleted starting backfield.....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gitrdun said:

How do you see him in the next coming weeks if Conner is out?

It's a very small sample size (1 game) but he had 21 carries. Some guy I've never heard of had 6, Edmonds and Samuels each had 2

That tends to make one think, that if Connor is out for an extended period, he's the man.

11 hours ago, xxxdog said:

My hunch Snell plays a bigger roll vs the anemic Cincy D.

Yep...good call

15 hours ago, xxxdog said:

My hunch Snell plays a bigger roll vs the anemic Cincy D...Snell a power rusher Tomlin praised earlier this week expected to see action with Connor out and Samuel more likely to used on receiving downs...Even if Samuel carries a heavier load in the first half, expect Snell to wear down the clock late in the game to protect a probable large lead against the Bengals and not chance a injury {Samuel} with a depleted starting backfield.....

Wow great job, congrats.  

22 hours ago, xxxdog said:

Your hunch was correct, but for the wrong reasons.....it wasn't to protect a "big lead"   !

With the weak Steelers QB play  in a overall offensive attack the team must rely  on their D and a controlled heavy ground & pound time consuming offense ..Snell averages about 4/yds per carry  of punishment, nothing fancy, but slowly adding yards while wearing down a defense similar to what he was able to do in college...Even if Connor returns in upcoming weeks expect Snell to see multiple carries allowing the brittle and often injured Connor to reduce his work load...If the Steelers are eliminated from the playoffs I expect Connor possibly to be shut down, and no doubt Snell becomes the featured back.....

Snell has the Browns this week but his projections are real low. Why is this? Is it because they haven't ruled out Conner? Would be worth a start in the 1st round of my playoff's over Carson at Minnesota.  

With confidence no, but he is if he’s the best you have available at rb.  

I wouldn’t trust it, I would go with Carson. 

As of  Wed, Connor is not practicing and leaning to likely out week 13 which could give Snell a heavy workload {18+ carries}…..Carson might have a duel problem, Viking's D against the run , recent example Cowboys Elliot , held to 47yds. and no TD..plus the emerging Penny , who could split carries...Slight edge Snell....