Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Is Penny's big day gonna turn that backfield into a RBBC?

Middle of 4th

Penny - 9-128 and 1TD - 2 long runs. 1 for 58 and 1 for like 28.

Carson - 8-26-0 and 4 catches for 23

• Like 2

Along with Crason's 2 fumbles, yes I think it will be a RBBC from here on out. Reason for Penny-who is more of a big/play/huge/gain guy, not getting playing time was HIS fumbling issues-and now Carson is...............no matter what, "dumb pete" likes running the ball WAY too much.

15 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Along with Crason's 2 fumbles, yes I think it will be a RBBC from here on out. Reason for Penny-who is more of a big/play/huge/gain guy, not getting playing time was HIS fumbling issues-and now Carson is...............no matter what, "dumb pete" likes running the ball WAY too much.

Oh crap. He fumbled twice today? I did not see the game. Yikes. 

3 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

The Carson fumbles more than Penny's performance will turn this into a RBBC from here on out , even though Carson is a superior talent....ole Petey HATES fumbling

12 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Middle of 4th

Penny - 9-128 and 1TD - 2 long runs. 1 for 58 and 1 for like 28.

Carson - 8-26-0 and 4 catches for 23

21 yards on those other 7 att. 

If Carson keeps fumbling, and if Penny can stay healthy enough to play, I think Penny can gander more work away from Carson. 

I think Carson is the better player, but he also as the case of the fumbles 

Carson did not lose a fumble.  First one was recovered by Seattle.

The 2nd one wasn't his fault as Wilson said.  Wilson did an audible at the line and did not relay it to Carson.

Watch them run Carson 25+ time this week.

4 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I've got both rbs.   I'd love to see a late season takeover by penny since he's much more explosive 

It's a killer for me. I know Carson will get his touches but that was a pretty big statement game out of Penny. Didn't see the game so not sure how those big plays worked out for Penny and if they just took philly by surprise or if he really did things on his own to impress.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said there's "no reason not to get [Rashaad Penny] back in there" in Week 13 against the Vikings.

"Chris [Carson] is a guy who is a big part of our team and we’ll do everything we can for him," Carroll said following Carson's fourth lost fumble on the year. "Competition is a beautiful thing and no reason not to get Penny back in there next week. We'll get those guys hammering away." Penny (14/129/1) played a season-high 49 percent of Seattle's offensive snaps on Sunday as Carson coughed up the ball twice in one game. Presumably headed for a timeshare over the team's final five games, Penny is suddenly a RB3/FLEX viable option in fantasy while Carson's value sinks to a similar (if not worse) outlook.

Nov 25, 2019, 12:56 PM ET
  •  

I think Penny will certainly get some more touches, but I don't think Carson will be shut out completely, it will be the dreaded RBBC, anyon'es guess as to how it plays out

Penny was in the doghouse earlier because of fumbling.  I'm not sure why the same wouldn't be done to Carson.  Is Carson a better receiver or pass blocking RB?  Penny seems to be more of the big play RB between them. 

I think Carson is the better rb, but like one said, Penny as more big play potential, imo.  

Penny just needs to take more advantage of his opportunities, like staying healthy. 

22 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Penny was in the doghouse earlier because of fumbling.  I'm not sure why the same wouldn't be done to Carson.  Is Carson a better receiver or pass blocking RB?  Penny seems to be more of the big play RB between them. 

I get this argument but people have to realize Carson put up 1,300 (6 games rushing over 100 yards) total yards and 9 TDs in 14 games last season.

Carson's been the starter and continued the trend this season in dominating fashion at times. 

This game reminded me of week 6 last season where Penny went for 12 carries for 102 yards and 1 TD.

Everyone was talking about Penny will start going forward.

He got 4 the next week and Carson went on to put up some monster games.

4 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

This game reminded me of week 6 last season where Penny went for 12 carries for 102 yards and 1 TD.

Everyone was talking about Penny will start going forward.

He got 4 the next week and Carson went on to put up some monster games.

7 fumbles changes everything 

Carson owner in 2 playoff-bound teams, and I am very concerned.

At this point, I would rather be playing against him than starting him.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, stonewall said:

#metoo

On 11/25/2019 at 10:50 PM, stonewall said:

He has been solid in my line up all year. I'm thinking I'm sitting him this week and playing Jacobs and Singletary, at RB and Devonte Parker in the Flex over him. Might be a mistake, but Seattle is playing against a fairly tough run defense in Minnesota anyway. I hope we are wrong and Carson gets 18 carries, 3-4 catches and a TD. Something to gain some confidence back in him after this past weekend. But we will see.

• Like 1

I'm benching both Carson and Penny this week vs. the Vikings (great run D, slowed down Elliott).  Starting a WR over them:  Deebo Samuel.

Yeah I’m taking a long look at my bench, not so sure I can trust Carson this weekend s. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeah I’m taking a long look at my bench, not so sure I can trust Carson this weekend s. 

Got the options of Scarborough or Snell....must decide soon

3 hours ago, stonewall said:

Scarbrough over Carson? Nah. Not me.

8 hours ago, stonewall said:

Lions and Steelers going with their qb3. 

Tough one. 

I think I would trust Carson over them. 

Good luck. 

I don't need Penny. None of the contenders need him either but had a spot and grabbed him for week 16 against Arizona. Why would they not use him if the game gets out of hand. Him and Latavious Murray could be league winners IMO. Good playoff bound teams are going to preserve their starters if they can. 

Never bank on one big game with Penny, Carson likely 12-15 carries Penny 6-8...Vikings stout on stopping rushers, Wilson will attempt to beat the Vikes passing...Expect 8 in the box with Scarbrough held in check besides a ???? unproven QB ...I like Snell running against a Browns depleted line and possible revenge game....

Carson owner....but must admit that Penny looks more explosive.

Glad Carson got the gift goal line TD, but this is looking like a full-blown RBBC ROS.

Penny getting almost all of the second half burn.

Carson's fumblitis is finally haunting him. I think he has finally lost Pete's trust....which takes some doing.

Edit: Brought in for the close-out drive, and he ran hard. Simple RBBC rest of the way...

Would've been a great night to play both. 

Possible too that penny was getting more action because they know they have a short week now,  then an important game vs the rams.  Keeping Carson fresh.   

Backfield is 100% a mess. Can't start either one in the playoffs. Damn near a 50% timeshare. Nothing more than a flex. Looking forward to watching this disaster implode after dealing with the Carson owner all season.

when the chips are down, you dont go with a guy who fumbles.

although Carson had I think 2 bad games early in the year, and has no history of fumbling prior to this.   But if the alternative is looking almost as good, but no fumbles, thats an awfully tempting alternative.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:27 AM, FlyinHeadlock said:

Backfield is 100% a mess. Can't start either one in the playoffs. Damn near a 50% timeshare. Nothing more than a flex. Looking forward to watching this disaster implode after dealing with the Carson owner all season.

Really?  I feel like both were top 24 RBs last week pretty easy.

Lockett nicked up still, 2 TES out of the year, and underwhelming depth wrs.  

There still enough room for both guys to get touches.  Think NO last year.   Is either a lock stud?  Maybe no but startable?  For sure 

1 hour ago, Matt Mueller said:

Really?  I feel like both were top 24 RBs last week pretty easy.

Lockett nicked up still, 2 TES out of the year, and underwhelming depth wrs.  

There still enough room for both guys to get touches.  Think NO last year.   Is either a lock stud?  Maybe no but startable?  For sure 

And Seattle is a run heavy team. They ran all over Minni's normally solid run defense. Didn't they have like 35 rushing attempts?

On 11/28/2019 at 8:08 AM, FlyinHeadlock said:

None of the contenders need him either but had a spot and grabbed him for week 16 against Arizona. Why would they not use him if the game gets out of hand

I did the same thing.

Grabbed Penny to block my opponents from starting him against the panthers. I rather force my either of my possible opponents to start AP, Royce Freeman, DJ, Sony, or Hyde over Penny.

I might start Penny over Melvin Gordon vs Min for my flex week 15

53 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I guess it's Carson from here on out.

Duh.