zftcg

Does Dalton regaining the starting job mean opposing DST is no longer an autostart?

For those who were planning your playoff schedule around Cinci's opponents, does this affect your decision making? As a reminder, Cinci's ROS schedule is:

• NYJ
  • @Cle
  • NE
  • @Mia 

Of those, I still think the Jets are strong start, NE is obvious, and Miami is probably a stay away regardless. So it really just comes down to Cleveland in Week 14. I still think they're a good start. I mean, it's not like Dalton was tearing up the league when he was in there.

The other question is how it affects their appeal relative to other options. Is NYJ @ Cinci less attractive now than, say, Philly @ Miami or GB @ NYG? 

FYI, I quickly ran the numbers, and in Dalton's first eight games, DSTs averaged 10.1 points. In the three games that Finley has played, that's gone up to 16.1 (24 to Baltimore, 13 to Oakland, 12 to Pittsburgh).

Don’t see why it wouldn’t.  

If you look at Dalton’s point per game avg, he’s having his third best ff season.  

So yeah it should makemone rethink the Bengals matchups. 

Hmmm... I have Garoppolo and Wentz. Wentz has been bad and Garoppolo meets up with Baltimore next week and not great matchups moving forward. 

I think I can make some room to bring him in without much or any competition in the bidding. 

Think he can make an initial impact? Maybe too risky for this coming week?

I will say some of the answer to this depends on AJ Green.  If he comes back and is healthy then I think it changes the outlook of the entire Bengals offense.  I'll be honest, I don't think the Steelers beat them yesterday if the bring Dalton in at half.  It's not a good offense in general, but it's putrid with the rookie back there.  

Boooo, just dropped Boyd for ravens d last Thursday.

i would still start any defense against them. Oline is still the worst in the nfl. 

I don't know that I would start the Dolphins D but the other 3 look like a go

I agree, they are no longer an autostart for all defenses.

but their line is still terrible. 

I'd expect teams with a great pass rush and at least a solid secondary will still get points for sacks as Dalton isnt mobile enough to avoid the inevitable with a leaky line.

but I'd expect the INT's wont be there anymore.  as a general rule, he throws less than one INT per game on average.   This (pick 6)is usually the cause of defenses getting large scores in any fantasy game so Yeah, I think it is safe to say, you now have to look at who the defense is they are up against.