zftcg

Who's your playoff QB streamer?

If you have Lamar, Watson, Mahomes, etc. you're probably not worrying about your QB (unless you're thinking of benching Lamar vs SF, in which case, don't). But if you've been scuffling at the position, or if you have a lower-end QB1 who you're not sure of, now is definitely the time to pick up some guys with great schedules for the playoffs. There are enough of them that I might recommend hoarding more than you need like you typically would playoff DSTs

• Tannehill (@Ind/@Oak/Hou/NO). He'll be the hot waiver wire pickup this week after his QB2 performance. I still don't totally know if I trust him, but definitely worth a stash, especially for Weeks 14-15.
  • Mayfield (@Pit/Cinci/@Ari/Bal). Risky on the road this week, and I wouldn't use him in the championship. But 14-15 are absolute gold
  • Darnold (@Cinci/Mia/@Bal/Pitt). Another guy I think is benefiting from recency bias. Love his matchups the next two weeks, but always know that performances like he put up against NE/Jax are always on the table. Obvious drop after Week 14.
  • Foles (TB/LAC/@Oak/@Atl). Fire him up this week, sit him in Week 14. Final two rounds of the playoffs are wait and see. Both good matchups, and given that a lot of the guys above him have tough competition that week, he may be worth holding on to.
  • KAllen (Was/@Atl/Sea/@Ind). Good matchups the next two weeks, nothing scary the last two, but as with Darnold, an implosion is always within the realm of possibility. I got burned by him in the first Atlanta game and don't think I can trust him again.

If you're fully committed to streaming, I would recommend stitching together a QBBC based on matchups. In one league, I will probably go Foles/Baker/Baker/Foles, but I also stashed Tannehill so I might swap him in during any of those weeks. In my main money league, I only have Wentz right now. If he gets his weapons back I'm inclined to give him one more chance against Miami, but will definitely target either Tanny/Foles/Darnold (in that order) on the waiver wire as a backup.

Like Darnold Vs the Bengals. 

50 minutes ago, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

Mine WAS Foles with juicy schedule, beginning this week, BUT recent talk of BENCHING has me sceered !

I don't think he'll be benched, but that's all the more reason to make sure you're not putting all your eggs in one QB's basket. Never know when one of these guys will fock you, even in what looks like a dream match-up (Allen vs Atlanta, anyone?)

I've got Josh Allen and Daniel Jones.  Jones plays Miami and Washington weeks 15 and 16 so if I can make it to the playoffs I'll be streaming him. 

Heavy emphasis on "IF" since I play the strongest team in our league this week and it's not looking good as far as roster lineups.  His is pretty strong.  

50 minutes ago, pee-diddy said:

I have Mahomes and I actually am worried.

week 14 at New England 

Right, hadn't thought of that.

I'm guessing Week 14 will be one of those gut check moments where people have to decide what kind of fantasy player they are. Don't have Mahomes this year so no idea what I would do in that situation, but you just have to pick a side: Are you the type that starts your studs no matter what, or do you play it safe and use one of the many attractive streaming options that week. I don't believe there's a "right" answer. It's just a question of what your philosophy is.

I'll make one prediction: The decision will be a lot easier for people if he has a particularly good or bad game vs Oakland this Sunday. I bet there were a lot of Lamar owners looking warily at the SF match-up who suddenly felt a lot more confident in starting him after last night.