Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

So....are we rolling out SF Defense on the road against Lamar?

Have played them every week, regardless of matchup, for many weeks. However, this one deserves some thought.

Possible waiver spot-starts that might still be on the wire in some leagues:

Eagles @ Dolphins...giving up most FF points to defenses (great schedule next 3 weeks fwiw)

Panthers vs Skins...giving up 5th most

Jets @ Bengals...giving up 3rd most

Chargers @ Broncos...giving up 7th most

Packers @ Giants...giving up 2nd most

Lotta potential options this week. You standing pat with the 49ers or rolling another team for week 13?

43 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Have played them every week, regardless of matchup, for many weeks. However, this one deserves some thought.

Eagles @ Dolphins...giving up most FF points to defenses (great schedule next 3 weeks fwiw)

Lotta potential options this week. You standing pat with the 49ers or rolling another team for week 13?

I picked up the eagles on waivers tonight just in case and I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.  I think I'm leaning towards playing the eagles.

Most likely playing it safe with the Jets. I don't think it's worth risking, especially with the game in Baltimore.

Also playing Ingram and Andrews, but that's mostly because I don't have other good options.

Too risky to start the niners on the road.   See NE. I like the Jets. Haskins has 2 passing TD’s in 4 games... One thing to watch is Haskins has a slightly injured wrist.. I wouldn’t start the Jets if Keenum starts. I am really hoping he does since I’m going to start McLaurin.

Then again my opponent is starting the Eagles.. so you know... but I still think Miami will put up over 21 pts.

16 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

I like the Jets. Haskins has 2 passing TD’s in 4 games... One thing to watch is Haskins has a slightly injured wrist.. I wouldn’t start the Jets if Keenum starts. I am really hoping he does since I’m going to start McLaurin.

Jets play the Bengals not Redskins. Might still be a good matchup, but with the Red Rifle named the stater again, I think it's prudent to downgrade them a bit. 

BTW, Panthers play the Redskins at home, so are an option.....but have stunk it up the last 3 weeks. Hard to trust.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stonewall said:

Don’t own the Niners, but Panthers would be my pick. 

21 hours ago, stonewall said:

Jets play the Bengals not Redskins. Might still be a good matchup, but with the Red Rifle named the stater again, I think it's prudent to downgrade them a bit. 

BTW, Panthers play the Redskins at home, so are an option.....but have stunk it up the last 3 weeks. Hard to trust.

I guess just go Eagles. It’s the popular pick and they have a decent schedule.

Nope...Have green bay in now...might go with chargers vs Denver. 

Baltimore is a different animal right now.

• Like 1

I own them on 3 of my 4 teams.

I'm starting them on one team over the Jags, although I may change that due to Jameis being a turnover machine

On one team, I benching the 9ers for the Bears against the Lions with a 3rd string QB, kind of a no brainer.

The last one, I have the Patriots, who have a tough match up with Houston but still a much better play

I picked up Green Bay this week to play over the Niners.  Matchup at Giants just seems a lot less risky, as someone above mentioned.

16 minutes ago, stratmel said:

I picked up Green Bay this week to play over the Niners.  Matchup at Giants just seems a lot less risky, as someone above mentioned.

4 leagues - GB over SF in 2, and Philly over SF in 2.

We shall see....

All I know is the hits get more vicious with something at stake. Lamar is shaking hands with danger morphing into a RB. He's going to pay for it in full like every other running QB since forever unless he starts sliding.

What about visa versa? Baltimore defense vs. the Niners? Baltimore top 5 defense this week? Or is Garoppolo going to turn it up this week against them?

5 hours ago, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

Picked up da Jets , and rolling with them !    Although they could get "lit up" by the Red Rifle !

I was all over the Jets this week until they announced Andy might play, now I'm not as sure of them.  

As for the 49ers, I think the best thing you can do is look at weeks 9-11, Cardinals, Seahawks, Cardinals.  Although the 49ers give up on average 11 or so pts per game to the QB position, that 3 week period vs "mobile" QB's was 24.7 pts per game average for Kyler Murray and Russel Wilson.  Gave up an average of 51 rushing yrd per game vs those guys , and Jackson is a different beast.  To be honest, he may run for around 100 yrds today, but even at the avg of 50 something that's a good floor.  He's a better passer and runner than Murray, and at minimum a WAY better runner than Wilson.  I don't expect Baltimore to hit their scoring average, but do expect them to dent that defense.  

Vegas has this as 45.5-46.5 over/under with Baltimore being a 5.5 favorite across the big books.  Implies the a Ravens 26-20 (or so) win.  Vegas is right way more than it's wrong.   

7 hours ago, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

Picked up da Jets , and rolling with them !    Although they could get "lit up" by the Red Rifle !

Yeah I dropped Philly for NYJ before Dalton was announced. If I had known he was back probably would have stayed with Philly. Then again, Jets are still a good play. Not like Dalton was setting the league on fire before he got benched

I think I would rather have the Eagles vs that amazing Dolphins offensive unit.  

I think the bengals and Jets have the making of a good ol shoot out.  

On 11/27/2019 at 9:53 PM, Super Cubs said:

never bench your stud

I'm rolling with the 9'ers

They got me 4 and I'm not complaining.  In my league if your defense gets you positive points not negative. Its a good thing

should went with the 9'ers instead of rolling with Philly who managed to make the Dolphins look like the Baltimore.  Thanks for the -4 points. 

They sure did, who knew the Dolphins where so good. 

How are people feeling about them vs. NO this week? I have SF in two leagues; in one, my alternative is the Jets vs. Miami, in the other, it's the Packers vs. Washington. I'm trying not to overreact to one week's results, but as of right now my instinct is to go GB over SF but SF over NYJ.

13 minutes ago, zftcg said:

How are people feeling about them vs. NO this week? I have SF in two leagues; in one, my alternative is the Jets vs. Miami, in the other, it's the Packers vs. Washington. I'm trying not to overreact to one week's results, but as of right now my instinct is to go GB over SF but SF over NYJ.

FWIW... I have both and I'm playing Green Bay. 

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

FWIW... I have both and I'm playing Green Bay. 

I mean, the logic is that GB is likely to put the wood to Washington, whereas who knows which Jets team will show up. But 48 hours ago, we were all sure that NY and Philly were locked-in plays based on their match-ups.