Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

So when did the f bomb?

Had the bedroom tv on for background noise on USA and an old Law & Order SVU episode was on.Anyhow while I was helping out in the kitchen SVU got over and another show came on.So I go back in the bedroom just in time to hear an F Bomb on the tv and I think to myself when did the channel get changed so I picked up remote and nope still on USA and a program called The Purge.

Anyhow I rewind to make sure I heard it right and I did,so my question is (since i don't watch a lot of TV) is this a common thing now on a cable network especially at 8:15 in the evening?

I'm not a prude by any means just genuinely curious if this is now common.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Had the bedroom tv on for background noise on USA and an old Law & Order SVU episode was on.Anyhow while I was helping out in the kitchen SVU got over and another show came on.So I go back in the bedroom just in time to hear an F Bomb on the tv and I think to myself when did the channel get changed so I picked up remote and nope still on USA and a program called The Purge.

Anyhow I rewind to make sure I heard it right and I did,so my question is (since i don't watch a lot of TV) is this a common thing now on a cable network especially at 8:15 in the evening?

Cable channels are required only to censor language and content between the hours of like 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.

After 9:00 p.m. there is no requirement by the FCC to censor that stuff which is why you hear it more frequently now.  

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Cable channels are required only to censor language and content between the hours of like 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.

After 9:00 p.m. there is no requirement by the FCC to censor that stuff which is why you hear it more frequently now.  

It was 8:15 CST time thus one of the reasons i asked.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

We hear it all the time on cable now.  It's kind of crazy.

It's a non issue. Fekin prudes. Unless it's ghey :banana:

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

We hear it all the time on cable now.  It's kind of crazy.

I only have a couple of shows I watch regularly ,so I was not aware.I definitely am now.

yah with everything streamed its basically in primetime, I remember watching breaking bad and SOA and thinking did they just say that on TV?

I actually believe South Park might have been one of the first to cuss regularly on a network show

Don't worry, when the snowflakes get around to it, they will scream about how it offends them and causes them distress because they never got focked in high school. Then you won't hear it anymore.

12 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well it appears that they've relaxed those standards a bit. Tropic Thunder is on IFC and Tom Cruise just dropped a half dozen f bombs at 8:00 in the morning.  

15 hours ago, nzoner said:

Any kiddies watching The Purge will be forever traumatized due to the F word rather than the violence.  :thumbsup:

I actually watch this show and it's pretty good.

15 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Pretty sure FCC regulations don't apply to cable at all. IFC is basic cable, and they don't edit their movies for content.

The censorship comes from the networks to try to appeal to advertisers.

7 hours ago, DonS said:

I actually watch this show and it's pretty good.

I agree, I like this show as well...  Interesting concept...

Did you watch season 1 as well?  It took place during the purge, not the "off-season" like this year...

15 minutes ago, posty said:

I agree, I like this show as well...  Interesting concept...

Did you watch season 1 as well?  It took place during the purge, not the "off-season" like this year...

Yep. The Esme (sp?) chick this season is focking hot!  I'd like to purge my nut contents on those t1ts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Yep. The Esme (sp?) chick this season is focking hot!  I'd like to purge my nut contents on those t1ts. 

She is hot...  Personally I think she is hotter with longer hair, but I concur...