Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 13 Scoop and Play WR

With bye weeks behind us, there will be far less scoop-and-play WR's needed, but for those looking for a hot body to fill in for an injured receiver, or just like to gamble.....here are a couple of names for your consideration:

(Caveat - I often don't know what I'm talking about)

Alex Erickson - Bengals  (contingent on AJ Green not playing)

Ah, yes, the hapless Bengals. Who wouldn't want to start one of their WR's right? Well, before you poo-poo this suggestion too hard, consider the following facts: 1) The Red Rifle returns this week. After a 3-week look at Ryan Finley, it was decided that Ole' Andy wasn't quite so putrid as previously thought. With his return, all skill players get a bump, including Mr. Erickson. 2) In the 3 weeks with Finley slinging the rock, he had 15 targets/3 receptions/43 yards. Yes, you read that correctly. However, in Dalton's last 3 games before being benched, he had 27 targets/18 receptions/281 yards. Obviously, The Red Rifle is comfortable aiming at Erickson. 3) As luck would have it, the Bengals get a home game against the Jets, who are currently giving up the 8th-most FF points to WR's. Yes, Boyd is the best bet of their receiving corp....but is widely owned. However, Alex Erickson is available in the vast majority of leagues (only 8% owned in Yahoo). "I'll take desperation NFL wide receiver plays for $800, Alex.." Prediction 7/91/1

Deep Dive: Zay Jones - Raiders  

We are diving in the deep end here, boys....but hear me out. The former 2017 2nd-rounder has had considerable trouble (to say the least) getting his sea-legs in the NFL. After being traded to the Raiders from the Bills for a 2021 5th-round pick, he has played a near-full time role, showing some flashes.....but with Hunter Renfrow breaking a rib and puncturing a lung last week, he will finally get an opportunity to step up. If the Chiefs get their mojo back this week and jump out ahead of Oakland, then game script should be very favorable, as well. Lest we forget, the 6' 2" Jones was the Bills leading receiver last year, with 56/652/7.....and with Carr showing improvement this year, and KC looking to keep Jacobs, Williams, and Waller corralled, don't be surprised to see Zay take advantage....and leave you Jonesin' for more. Prediction: 4/62/1

I’m going to take C Beasley vs his own team the Cowboys.  

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I’m going to take C Beasley vs his own team the Cowboys.  

Thanks. 

In what Bush league is he available?

I'd consider Anthony Miller vs. the Lion secondary. 

Darius Slay may shadow Allen Robinson, so there may be really good opportunities for Miller. 

45 minutes ago, dcgangstas said:

Darius Slay may shadow Allen Robinson, so there may be really good opportunities for Miller. 

I’m going back and forth between him and James washington. Even gage might be a good sneaky play if jones is out. 

12 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Don’t disageee, he’s been picked up and dropped this whole season in my league. 

I went down the list of availability at wr to pick a wr and he’s available, should he be no, but he’s there. 

So he’s my pick, who’s yours budwiper.  

14 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

He’s available in my main league and they are wire hawks. He hasn’t been a must own. He’s been add dropped all year.

3 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

He’s available in my main league and they are wire hawks. He hasn’t been a must own. He’s been add dropped all year.

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Don’t disageee, he’s been picked up and dropped this whole season in my league. 

I went down the list of availability at wr to pick a wr and he’s available, should he be no, but he’s there. 

Beasley’s floor has been 10+ points every week. I don’t get it.

25 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

I'm in non ppr... hes not picked up in ours either.

In half Ppr, splitting the difference, Cole Beasley stands as WR #34. Rosterable, but hardly a must own...

4 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

That’s your problem, and you won’t. 

Thats not his floor in non ppr. 

On 11/27/2019 at 1:59 PM, dcgangstas said:

I'd consider Anthony Miller

Great call 

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2019 at 2:32 PM, weepaws said:

Great call with Beasley. I picked up Mike Thomas, wish me luck

On 11/27/2019 at 11:59 AM, dcgangstas said:

Would agree, that was a very good call. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Great call with Beasley. I picked up Mike Thomas, wish me luck

Not my problem. 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, TheUsualSuspect said:

I think he’s just generally boring. Not saying he’s not a good asset he’s just not enticing.

Non ppr he isn’t scoring ten plus a game.