Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Kamara - Bust

Only own him in one league this year, but wow.....

I know some will say: "Well, he at least had a couple of big-ish weeks and was a steady producer when healthy". 

Nope. Like Barkley, he is a top 3 pick that flat busted. What baffles me is why? I honestly don't know. You can almost understand some of Barkley's issue, being on a putrid team with a rookie QB. However, what has happened to Kamara? Same QB, same coach, same dynamic offense. It's almost as if he has lost a step. What's your take?

*Bonus Question* Without looking, how many rushing TD's does Kamara have this season?

One. 

Yeah i never saw this coming, he’s been a bust. 

I had him listed as the number one overall pick.  

And I agree, Barkely I can see him having a tough season, but Kamera as a great situation and he’s been awful.  

I would also say Gurley, who I know had issues coming into this season, but coming into this weekend, Kamara and Gurley are avg the same.  

It’s interesting because Kamara has had great tackle breaking stats from what I’ve seen this year. I consider it a result of his time missed due to injury, Brees’s time missed due to injury, bad luck/TD regression, and Sean Payton’s obsession with manufacturing cute TDs when in the red zone (I.e. Taysom Hill, random tight ends).  Taking him over Elliot at #3 was a tough call and likely killed my season in one league. You can’t win em all but this one is a head scratcher. 

He's an absolute bust and I'll never draft him again.   Sean Payton is a moron, which is why he only has 1 SB despite having a HOF QB his whole career. 

But, everyone else in the 1st round except CMAC and Cook are busts too.  Barkely, DJ (lol),  Bell, Julio, Adams, OBJ, etc.

I've been playing FF for over 25 years, and I can't remember a year like this.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

He's an absolute bust and I'll never draft him again.   Sean Payton is a moron, which is why he only has 1 SB despite having a HOF QB his whole career. 

But, everyone else in the 1st round except CMAC and Cook are busts too.  Barkely, DJ (lol),  Bell, Julio, Adams, OBJ, etc.

Agreed 

He's been hurt but regardless, the plan was always to preserve him for a SB run. He was never worth a first round especially with Taysom Hill pick pocketing 4-5 touches. He still might be ok because the Saint WR corps sucks outside of MT. He is going to become more of a quasi upside WR2 here on out IMO. They also have a shot at homefield advantage throughout the playoffs so I could see him being used more. 

25 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

He's been hurt but regardless, the plan was always to preserve him for a SB run. He was never worth a first round especially with Taysom Hill pick pocketing 4-5 touches. He still might be ok because the Saint WR corps sucks outside of MT. He is going to become more of a quasi upside WR2 here on out IMO. They also have a shot at homefield advantage throughout the playoffs so I could see him being used more. 

Wait, what, he was never worth a first round, I assume pick, he has been the 4th best rb in non ppr both of his first two seasons, and was easly a worthy first round pick, and even worthy of a first overall picked based on his past production. 

Now right now he isn’t, but to say he wasn’t and that they where going to preserve him for a super bowl run, I would strongly disagree with. 

Why would they not use their best rb for a super bowl run, holding him out to save him for what could have backed fired on them, would have been a really tough mistake to over come. 

I think his injury wows have been his biggest issue. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Pre-draft there was always going to be two other players taking work from him in Latavious and Taysom. I had Chubb rated much higher. I might have taken Kamara late first but I'm in auction. Another thing that concerned me was the Saints WR corps but I was 100% wrong on that one. They have MT then nobody. I bought the training camp hype that a couple more would show up. This is really helping Kamara. He's starting to get 8-10 targets a game. He should have had several more catches this last game.   

On 11/29/2019 at 8:52 AM, Gratefulegg1973 said:

I wanted Barkley so bad. He won my league for me last year. He went #2 and I had to settle for cmac. Thank God. 

I disagree, I think Kamera is the bigger bust.  

How can you call him a bust. Of all the 1st rounders aside from him the only ones to perform are CMac and Thomas. Cook if he went in the first. Zeke and Hopkins are basically on par with Kamara. Barkley, Johnson, Gurley, Julio, Adams are all bigger busts than Kamara.

And stats wise this year everything is either up or on par with what Kamara did in years past except his TDs. 

He's not scored the TDs, that's the main problem. His YPR are down some too but his rushing yards and catches are on par.

Add in the two games he's missed and it's not like he's that far off. He's still close to 100 total yards per game.

It's just the insane TD totals he's missing, a lot. Nobody on the Saints has scored that many though. Only 7 rushing TDs as a team.

Having Bridgewater in for half the season changed the game plan a bit.

I know that if you drafted Kamara with a top 3 pick, you don't really care why, but he's not so far off the mark outside of the TDs.

TDs can be quite inconsistent, especially for a jack of all trades like Kamara.

Kamara drafted top 3, is currently #13 in a PPR. Not a bust. Just isn't top 10 yet.

Barkley drafted in the top 2 just had two 8 point weeks and is currently ranked 19th. BUST. :lol: 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

How can you call him a bust. Of all the 1st rounders aside from him the only ones to perform are CMac and Thomas. Cook if he went in the first. Zeke and Hopkins are basically on par with Kamara. Barkley, Johnson, Gurley, Julio, Adams are all bigger busts than Kamara.

And stats wise this year everything is either up or on par with what Kamara did in years past except his TDs. 

2017 avg 14 points per game non ppr. 

2018 avg 17 per game non ppr. 

This season a bust , 11 per game non ppr. 

He was a top three pick and me and many had him posted as the number one pick. 

Bust.  

Some of those other like Hopkins another bust.  

Now you know the rest of the story. 

Welcome to ff. 

9 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

Barkely, Gurley and Kamara all avg 11 points per game in a non ppr, how can they be bigger bust?  

And Johnson isn’t a bust, he is what we know he would be. 

And Jones is avg 11 per game in non ppr, and Adams is avg only 9 per game non ppr, but neither Jones nor Adams where first pick, picks. 

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Kamara drafted top 3, is currently #13 in a PPR. Not a bust. Just isn't top 10 yet.

Barkley drafted in the top 2 just had two 8 point weeks and is currently ranked 19th. BUST. :lol: 

Kamara is ranks ninth in ppr avg per week points at 18. 

Barkley is ranked 13th in ppr at 15 points per game. 

Kamara is down five points per game in ppr, that’s a bust.  

Barkley is down nine that’s a bust.  

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Kamara is ranks ninth in ppr avg per week points at 18. 

Barkley is ranked 13th in ppr at 15 points per game. 

Kamara is down five points per game in ppr, that’s a bust.  

Barkley is down nine that’s a bust.  

It's a disappointment, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them a bust. They were expected to be top notch RB1s and they're pretty much RB2s.

A bust is when they flat out fall on their face.

Juju, he's a perfect example of a bust this year.

3 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It's a disappointment, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them a bust. They were expected to be top notch RB1s and they're pretty much RB2s.

Yep. Although juju is not a bust to me cause I think he was best as a #2. But Kamara. No way. Busts are guys that lose 20 spots from where their ADP was. Not 7 or 8 spots. 

38 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Agreed.

And if the top guys are mostly RB2s, then as long as you drafted well and got an RB1 who supplanted them then you’re sitting pretty.

top 10 rb is not a bust. 

On 11/29/2019 at 4:48 AM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yep I was so happy to get James white falling to me with the 3rd pick. 

I had to take him with the second pick. There was an obsession over him in my league and I wasn't sure he would last until the second round 

14 hours ago, polecatt said:

It’s all relative to once own rankings. 

Juju was a big bust.  

But to me so as been Kamara, because I had him at number one. 

I don’t own him, but I would be very disappointed if I had.  

52 minutes ago, weepaws said:

It’s all relative to once own rankings. 

Juju was a big bust.  

But to me so as been Kamara, because I had him at number one. 

I don’t own him, but I would be very disappointed if I had.  

To me Jacobs has been a huge bust because I wanted him to be number #1 RB and he is only #11 at this point in the year. :blink:

58 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

To me Jacobs has been a huge bust because I wanted him to be number #1 RB and he is only #11 at this point in the year. :blink:

You watch to much tv seafoam.  

Go Bears.  

See you in 2020. 

Any player that falls short of my rankings  of that player going into that season is a bust.  

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You watch to much tv seafoam.  

Go Bears.  

See you in 2020. 

Another name caller. :lol:

I must be hitting some truths.

Just because you mistakenly rank someone higher than they should be does not make them a bust dude. Live and learn. Call me names all you want. Whatever they mean. :dunno:

6 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Another name caller. :lol:

I must be hitting some truths.

Just because you mistakenly rank someone higher than they should be does not make them a bust dude. Live and learn. Call me names all you want. Whatever they mean. :dunno:

You don’t understand do you , because they underperform from where I rank them and they don’t live up to my own rankings, that is a bust no matter how much or little, I don’t not have the manual on how much a player has to underperform to be called a bust.  

Seafoam isn’t name calling, it’s you.  

Now go watch more college football so you can evaluate those players.  

Name calling lol. M

Without a doubt Kamara is the biggest bust this year.

He went 1st/2nd in most leagues.  He's currently 2 points ahead of David Montgomery in my non PPR league.

Of course he is.  

it's peafoam, btw.

• Like 1

Kamara, DJ and Saquon all busts. If you draft someone to be top 5 and they finish outside the top 10, that’s a bust. 

8 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

He has been a bust.   If you're in the playoffs and he goes on a run the next 3 weeks then all is forgiven 

Agreed. 

• Like 1

Bust or not, I'm thinking about benching him for the first week of the playoffs this week. He's had 7 games with 10 points or less in standard and only two scoring more than 12. I have to ask myself, "what is most likely to happen this week against SF. Going to roll with Ingram, Gordon and Aaron Jones for my two RB'S and flex.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:17 PM, Jarvis Basnight said:

He has been a bust.   If you're in the playoffs and he goes on a run the next 3 weeks then all is forgiven 

Yeah. A top 12 back is a bust. You must have a little weepaw in you.