Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Any car people here have a clue why this would happen?

A few days back I parked my vehicle at night, woke up the next morning and when trying to start it, nothing. Just click. Battery seemed dead as dead can be. No electronics and no turn over at all.  The battery is about 4-5 years old, so I figured I would just go get a new one and throw it in. The next day, before I left to get a new battery, I tried the car one more time. Same thing: click and nothing. When I got out and closed the door, the horn beeped (I don't have that feature on my Wrangler to remote lock/unlock the doors with my key). But I didn't think much about it.

I went and bought a new battery. Thought about that horn beep again and before I changed out the battery, I just tried the car again. This time it started right up still with the old battery in it. Car was sitting for almost two days after it wouldn't start. I checked the battery cables to see if they are loose, but they are on tight, and I have no other thoughts on what could have caused that other than some connection in the engine got shifted when I close the driver side door previously. I thought maybe something with the starter? But no electronics in the car fired up previously. It just seemed like a dead battery. But now it works. I will still change the battery, but I can't figure why this all happened.

Any thoughts?   

16 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Check the terminal. Lose or corroded connection.

Sounds like good advice. When I swap out the battery I'll check that out closer. I can't think of anything else it could be. Thanks.

We had the same issue with the T&C it turned out it was the Chrysler brain in the van. It's very expensive to replace.

If it's the same thing we had the car will not start randomly. Work totally fine for months then again not start. 

We had that issue in my wife's last vehicle, it turned out to be the AC relay.

The battery dieing is what lead me to diagnosing the intermittent AC issue that it had.

30 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

We had the same issue with the T&C it turned out it was the Chrysler brain in the van. It's very expensive to replace.

If it's the same thing we had the car will not start randomly. Work totally fine for months then again not start. 

Yikes. Hoping it's not electrical. I don't like having brains in my car other than my own.