Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Gopro or something like it?

Last year I had a freaking excellent year fishing. In doing so I saw my first American Bald Eagle(apparently not a big deal to a lot of people) I caught 30 pike a 6.5 bass and had a fish squeal like a pig at me. I got caught in a wind storm that went from 0 wind to 30mph gusts. Dropping into wave troughs thinking yep...this is gonna be it. I saw a turtle that was probably 100 years old and Herons learning to fly by jumping from the tree its nest was in. I took a head first fall INTO my kayak that left me with a permanent horizontal 2 inch scar on my wrist. For the first time in my life ever I hooked myself more that superficially. I ended up with a hook in the base of my thumb buried to the eyelet. I missed a lot of fish and I saw a lot of fish that jumped that I had no shot at. I would love to look back and review this shitt. Any of you use one of the gopros or its clones? 

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

Last year I had a freaking excellent year fishing. In doing so I saw my first American Bald Eagle(apparently not a big deal to a lot of people) I caught 30 pike a 6.5 bass and had a fish squeal like a pig at me. I got caught in a wind storm that went from 0 wind to 30mph gusts. Dropping into wave troughs thinking yep...this is gonna be it. I saw a turtle that was probably 100 years old and Herons learning to fly by jumping from the tree its nest was in. I took a head first fall INTO my kayak that left me with a permanent horizontal 2 inch scar on my wrist. For the first time in my life ever I hooked myself more that superficially. I ended up with a hook in the base of my thumb buried to the eyelet. I missed a lot of fish and I saw a lot of fish that jumped that I had no shot at. I would love to look back and review this shitt. Any of you use one of the gopros or its clones? 

I've been wanting to get one for my quad rides. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm lazy. I will get a go pro and not a clone when I do though. 

I literally see bald eagles every day. 

17 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

My friend has a voice activated gopro. Uses it for all sorts of things. Went ice fishing with him and when he knows he has a big fish he tells it to start recording. Definitely fun to watch the videos after. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I literally see bald eagles every day. 

I realized this was an everyday occurrence for a lot of you after I posted that. For me it's not. That's the only one in the wild I ever saw. 

I have a GoPro hero6.  It’s ok, but I don’t love it.  

I like to post the videos straight to YouTube and it has that capability. But, the editing features aren’t easy to use.   It all just takes more time than I want to spend on it.  

Having said that, I don’t know of any better options for action cameras.  

I bought a fake one first (Akaso). I returned it immediately and bought a GoPro 7 Black. It’s nice, but not cheap. 

FYI, I ordered micro SD cards from Amazon and apparently there are a lot of counterfeit ones online. I lost some good video bc of this. I went to BestBuy to make sure I got the real deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

I bought a fake one first (Akaso). I returned it immediately and bought a GoPro 7 Black. It’s nice, but not cheap. 

FYI, I ordered micro SD cards from Amazon and apparently there are a lot of counterfeit ones online. I lost some good video bc of this. I went to BestBuy to make sure I got the real deal. 

I am gonna go with the GoPro8. I am putting together a budget of around a grand to retool for the upcoming fishing year. That includes things I won't be buying again like a new kayak a GoPro 2 new Penn battles and new lures. 

I’ve got one. Honestly, don’t use it much. Every time I go do something where it would be cool to use it I forget it at home. 

• Haha 1

I got one a few years back. Got some decent video in the Dominican, especially swimming with the dolphins. 

Other than that, I haven’t used it at all.

ive been caught in bad storms, too, and never got the vid.  :(

gopros are great for am pron thou.