Sign in to follow this  
sderk

10 people shot in New Orleans today early morning

Yikes I just flew into N.O. today and am staying about 2 blocks from this. I usually stay in this location when I come here. I wonder if it's a coincidence that there was a football game last night at the Superdome between Grambling State and Southern Universities?  

A shooter injured 10 people early Sunday on Canal Street, on the edge of New Orleans' French Quarter, and a person has been detained though not charged, police said.

The victims are being treated at local hospitals. Two of the victims are in critical condition, the New Orleans Police Department said.

The critical patients suffered gunshots to the torso, Chief Shaun Ferguson told reporters. No officers are among the injured, he said.
"An individual was detained near the scene," police said, but her or his possible involvement in the shooting is under investigation...

....The Bayou Classic was played Saturday night at the Superdome, a little more than a mile away. The game is played annually between Grambling State University and Southern University.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/01/us/new-orleans-shooting-french-quarter/index.html

I was there a couple years ago the same time and like 10 people were shot, I think one died.   Apparently the Bayou Classic, aka "Soul Bowl" brings this along with it every year.

1 hour ago, patweisers44 said:

I was there a couple years ago the same time and like 10 people were shot, I think one died.   Apparently the Bayou Classic, aka "Soul Bowl" brings this along with it every year.

I wonder why that is. What's makes the soul bowl so different than a regular bowl.

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I wonder why that is. What's makes the soul bowl so different than a regular bowl.

Maybe it stemmed from a heated debate around the merits of Kant's Prolegomena to any Future Metaphysics as related to his Critique of Pure Reason?

8 hours ago, sderk said:

Yikes I just flew into N.O. today and am staying about 2 blocks from this. I usually stay in this location when I come here. I wonder if it's a coincidence that there was a football game last night at the Superdome between Grambling State and Southern Universities?  

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/01/us/new-orleans-shooting-french-quarter/index.html

The chicken wing bowl? 

1 hour ago, sderk said:

Maybe it stemmed from a heated debate around the merits of Kant's Prolegomena to any Future Metaphysics as related to his Critique of Pure Reason?

Dumb Kants. 

How many people were shot after the BYU/Utah "Holy War" game?  Must've been a lot due to all them white nationalists and their guns. 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Is it just me or does Ron Perlman kinda look like an ape?

No doubt. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Welcome back sderk and fock peenie for reporting you

Thanks dude. I got a get out of jail free card in the end. Even though the peenie does not tolerate not adoring her idol in heels. Good old wife of Hussein. Between peenie and MDC trying their hardest to make this a safe space for their feelers, I don't know who gets the crown.  Heck, this post may get me banned.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

Thanks dude. I got a get out of jail free card in the end. Even though the peenie does not tolerate not adoring her idol in heels. Good old wife of Hussein. Between peenie and MDC trying their hardest to make this a safe space for their feelers, I don't know who gets the crown.  Heck, this post may get me banned.

Just don’t say anything about black people.  You’re white, you can’t have thoughts or ideas.  You’re merely a vessel for white guilt, don’t forget that. 

Thoughts on Ron Perlman?

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Just don’t say anything about black people.  You’re white, you can’t have thoughts or ideas.  You’re merely a vessel for white guilt, don’t forget that. 

Thoughts on Ron Perlman?

God bless us all. Everyone!!

I fully respect Patrick Ewing and I think Ron Perlman is a great actor and could easily play the role of Patrick Ewing in any basketball movie about the Knicks. There's a certain terrorist ex-president's wife he could play in a tv melodrama as well. 

He is that good.

These views do not represent the point of view of this site, only of the highly acclaimed acting talent evaluater that is known as sderk. 

• Thanks 1