Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Cyber Monday deals

There was a Roomba for 33% off, I posted it in the other thread.

I have checked a few times today on various websites, just a bunch of junk it seems. Unless you are looking for something specific and get lucky that the item is on sale then mostly Amazon is worthless now.

I haven't seen much. I think Black Friday is the new Cyber Monday.  There were better deals to be had then.  I bought two Roku Ultras for $50 each and a couple PS4 games but nothing today.

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I have an RTX 2070 and it works pretty well. I would highly recommend that for your nephews computer :ninja:

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have an RTX 2070 and it works pretty well. I would highly recommend that for your nephews computer :ninja:

He’s 12 I don’t want it to be to overkill.  He keeps asking his parents for a PC and they think a console is a PC, so I just decided I’m going to build him one for Christmas this year. 1060 i5-6 I think is a good starter build right now.  

Me personally though, I’m actually thinking about switching back to AMD Ryzen for the first time in over a decade. The Ryzen 5700 XT looks awesome.  I’m just worried that right when I switch Nvidia And Intel will have something coming out next year. 

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

He’s 12 I don’t want it to be to overkill.  He keeps asking his parents for a PC and they think a console is a PC, so I just decided I’m going to build him one for Christmas this year. 1060 i5-6 I think is a good starter build right now.  

Me personally though, I’m actually thinking about switching back to AMD Ryzen for the first time in over a decade. The Ryzen 5700 XT looks awesome.  I’m just worried that right when I switch Nvidia And Intel will have something coming out next year. 

I am almost set on computers for a while, 9th gen i7, RTX 2070, good ssd's, etc. I am still looking for a really good monitor though. I want an ultrawide, i think.

Historically AMD is better value in the mid range but Intel and Nvdia have it beat at the high end. If i was to build someone else a computer using my money I would probably look strongly at AMD.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am almost set on computers for a while, 9th gen i7, RTX 2070, good ssd's, etc. I am still looking for a really good monitor though. I want

Historically AMD is better value in the mid range but Intel and Nvdia have it beat at the high end. If i was to build someone else a computer using my money I would probably look strongly at AMD.

I have this exact monitor: 

https://www.amazon.com/AOC-G2590FX-Framless-1920x1080-DisplayPort/dp/B07D377Q6D/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=aoc+144hz+monitor&qid=1575319902&sr=8-4

its G sync but still works with our builds, I mainly got it for 1ms input lag and 144hz. Would buy again. 

They make an ultra wide too. 

It's not a deal if you weren't planning to buy it.

Remember Cyber Sex?  Those were the days :wub:

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Careful. I ordered SD cards from Amazon the other week and they sent me different (cheaper) product codes with a sticker covering them with the advertised code. This happened multiple times. 
Lots  of counterfeits on amazon. I ended up at Best Buy to make sure I got what I wanted.  

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

Careful. I ordered SD cards from Amazon the other week and they sent me different (cheaper) product codes with a sticker covering them with the advertised code. This happened multiple times. 
Lots  of counterfeits on amazon. I ended up at Best Buy to make sure I got what I wanted.  

Yeah definitely going to check that out now.  Was it an unusual supplier or supplied by amazon? 

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yeah definitely going to check that out now.  Was it an unusual supplier or supplied by amazon? 

One was sold by Rybka and the other by Amazon. 
Both Prime. 

15 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

ASL? 

I put on my wizard hat and robe

3 hours ago, edjr said:

I put on my wizard hat and robe

I pour a glass of Merlot whilst sitting here in my burgundy turtle neck sweater and no pants