Sign in to follow this  
edjr

John Hughes writer/director of Breakfast Club

33 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Mark Knopfler based that song on a real life experience in a department store. He said the worker who was moving appliances actually said "See the little motherphucker...", but Knopler thought that would be too crude and would be censored, so he changed it to the relatively harmless "f@ggot". 😅

Think how angry drobeski and his people would be if they’d kept it at motherfocker

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Think how angry drobeski and his people would be if they’d kept it at motherfocker

Right? How the tides turn.

7 hours ago, peenie said:

OMG!! How did someone link his comments here to his actual self?? Scary....

wasnt it that somebody here outed him

13 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

wasnt it that somebody here outed him

That's awful. I post very strong comments on YouTube. There is no hiding because my YouTube name is firstmiddlelast name.

On 12/5/2019 at 3:56 PM, peenie said:

I think the key was that they were a couple so back then I wouldn't consider it rape. I guess for me, even today knowing the modern conception of rape, I still find it hard to consider your married partner or your significant other a rapist if they had sex with you when you were drunk. I know that is not politically correct to say, but I would only consider it rape if it were a violent attack from my partner. Yes, rape if it's someone I didn't know or someone that was not my sexual partner because they are taking advantage of my ability not to think clearly and give consent. If you are my husband and boyfriend, we're already having sex. It's not a violation, imo.

The attractiveness wasn't what made it right or wrong. It was the relationship of the couple.

ETA,
I've never had that happen to me.

We should get a drink together sometime. :wub: