Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Dalvin Cook says he is fine....Dr. Chao disagrees

Can you imagine how the Minny faithful will react if Dalvin further injures himself against the lowly Lions? My guess is that they'll say he's good to go come game time, but only use him if needed. The drop-off to Mattison isn't that dramatic.

5 minutes ago, pipeman said:

Can you imagine how the Minny faithful will react if Dalvin further injures himself against the lowly Lions? My guess is that they'll say he's good to go come game time, but only use him if needed. The drop-off to Mattison isn't that dramatic.

That's a great point. Imagine if he actually seriously hurts it in this game and is out for the year. I think they are nuts to play him.

So you would still start Mattison?

50 minutes ago, BTL99 said:

The vikes are now saying he is almost 100% and will play.

Everything I've heard about this injury suggests it's not a matter of "100%". There isn't much risk of further injury, but there is a pain tolerance issue.

Coaches talk. 

17 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Everything I've heard about this injury suggests it's not a matter of "100%". There isn't much risk of further injury, but there is a pain tolerance issue.

I like to hear that.  Im rolling with Cook so he either gonna probably knock me out or move me on

33 minutes ago, BTL99 said:

I'm flexing him in 2 must-win games, over the likes of Hyde, Scarborough, Laird, and Darwin.

FF is all about reading the tea leaves, using your best judgement, and then just rolling the dice....and hoping for snake-eyes.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BTL99 said:

That's a great point. Imagine if he actually seriously hurts it in this game and is out for the year. I think they are nuts to play him.

Heck no.  They need a win so Cook gonna play through it.  No reason why they would try and save him or they damn well better not

• Speaking Thursday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Dalvin Cook (chest) will play against the Lions and "be close to 100 percent."

Cook has said all week that his health won't be an issue for Week 14, and now his coach agrees. In a mini slump, Cook has a potential eruption spot in a Lions defense surrendering the third most running back fantasy points. The concern is that the Vikes build a big early lead and then give Cook a breather after his Week 13 scare. Regardless, Cook is a clear top-five play even with the injury question mark.

Dec 5, 2019, 3:32 PM ET

•  

Don’t see Cook being very effective. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PATSSOX said:

I like to hear that.  Im rolling with Cook so he either gonna probably knock me out or move me on

Of course, it was "pain tolerance" that knocked him out of Monday night's game, so it's not like that makes him safe.

• Like 1

Bottom line: It's a worst case scenario for owners of both Cook and Mattison. Many owners are in must-win games this week, and the matchup doesn't get much more premo. So, the only relevant question is whether you believe Cook and Zimmer.....or do you believe what your eyes saw just 3 days ago?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Bottom line: It's a worst case scenario for owners of both Cook and Mattison. Many owners are in must-win games this week, and the matchup doesn't get much more premo. So, the only relevant question is whether you believe Cook and Zimmer.....or do you believe what your eyes saw just 3 days ago?

That assumes there’s some knowable “truth” that they know and aren’t telling us. I think the real questions — whether the pain limits his effectiveness, whether he’s going to take another shot that leaves him writhing on the ground — are things none of us can know beforehand, including Zimmer and Cook

The guy was crying like a schoolgirl when he got nailed. I'm no DC, but I get the sneaking suspicion that Detroits' D is going to focus on that shoulder. No way he gets over half the carries/targets in this game. Rudolph, Diggs, and Co. are going to get out to an early lead, and the Vikes D is going to punish the Lions XFL QB. 

Now they are acting like Cook is completely fine and gonna ball out. Such a weird situation. Dude looked dead on the field crying his eyes out and now he’s fine???

19 minutes ago, BTL99 said:

Now they are acting like Cook is completely fine and gonna ball out. Such a weird situation. Dude looked dead on the field crying his eyes out and now he’s fine???

It's a Festivus miracle!

• Like 1

I'm not a Cook (or Mattison owner) but what a conundrum it will be for those who have to decide this Sunday. I somehow think this will go the way of David Johnson/Chase Edmonds vs the Giants a few weeks back. The Vikings will dress Cook and make him active but only give him a few touches (unless the game is close and he is needed which they most likely won't). The Cardinals dressed DJ that game and I think he saw 2 touches the whole game while Edmonds ran wild. Mattison is more than good enough and the Lions are bad enough that playing Cook at his normal workload won't be worth the risk for the Vikings.

• Like 1

This happened to me about 10 years ago on a Monday night game. Tomlinson was ailing and expected to be ‘severely limited’. So I sat him and started his backup (Darren Sproles). LT played late into the 4th quarter.

playing the guy who has him. hope he is unable to go this week 

I'm starting Dalvin Cook.  Not leaving him on the bench only to see him go for 150 total yards and 2 touchdowns.  That's a possibility too.

36 minutes ago, jimaveli said:

If you start cook, would you start Michel or Mattison in your flex?

If I owned both Vike RB's, and my intent was to start Cook as long as he gets the green light Sunday, then I would definately start Mattison in my flex. That position is going to score big points. Believe me as a Lions homer. 

1 hour ago, rrmcguire said:

Would you start Matrison over Singletary and Penny PPR

I'm starting him over Penny. 

Don't own either, but if I did I think I'd shy away from Mattison. And I definitely wouldn't start both.

I just feel like the whole "They're going to run over them so badly, even the backup will have value" never actually comes to fruition, at least not at any predictable level. And if you're starting both as a hedge, that severely limits your upside.

8 hours ago, jimaveli said:

If you start cook, would you start Michel or Mattison in your flex?

Wow that’s a great great question.  

Im going to say Mattison, I’m still not buying that Cook can return and be 100% ready to roll no matter what’s being said.  

Wow thanks that is a fun one. 

5 hours ago, rrmcguire said:

Would you start Matrison over Singletary and Penny PPR

Wow another great question, thanks for posting it. 

Man oh man,mmmmm. 

Tough one like to get this right for you.  

No I don’t think in this situation I would.  

Thanks. 

The jets can no show any game (see last week) so I’m horrified of all of them. And Miami elbowed them in the face last time they played. It’s like the Fins deactivates the tank prgs when Gase shows up.

I’m leaning strong away from the Jets situation. And I’ve been programming myself to be okay with whatever Mattison does even if Cook is active/fine. So maybe I’m not a great person to ask.

3 hours ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

Now Lev Bell is out. All I have left is Powell or Mattison. Not gonna take a chance with R.Jones. 

Can I trust Powell? He has been good the last two years late in the season. 

Ppr I think I would go with Mattison. 

Non I think I would pick Jones. 

6 hours ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

I rolled out Powell and I pulled out a 2 point win!!

Lol ok I like to hear that. 

Hey congrats, and great pick.  

Cook not gonna play Monday Night, according to Schefter....who's usually pretty accurate.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28332744/sources-vikings-dalvin-cook-unlikely-play-vs-packers

Now, if we could get some similar information on Mattison, who is reportedly dealing with a high ankle sprain,  Boone could potentially be a really good RB play in the Ship.

Thanks for nothing Dalvin Cook in championship week 16.  Only playing for 3rd though for me, also Dalvin's fault.  I'm starting Boone in the flex.  If Mattison is somehow playing, I doubt it though, then I will flex in Adam Thielen in place of Boone.

BOONE TIME!!

17 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I got that BOONE BOONE BOONE.  

Boom Boone goes the dynamite

• Haha 1

This have avoid written all over it.

I can see them announcing Cook will start but end up getting 0 carries.  Mattison, Boone and Abdullah get 5-6 touches each.