zftcg

Week 14 waiver wire

Obviously, Mattison (32% owned in Yahoo) is the top priority by far. Even though I think Cook will try to play, even the possibility of Mattison taking the job behind that line makes him a must add.

Other possibilities:

• James Washington (23%): I may put a waiver claim in on him as well, especially since I'm unlikely to get Mattison. JuJu is reportedly out again, and he has a juicy match-up with Arizona.
  • Raheem Mostert (15%): Breida's potential return could dampen his value. There's also the fact that SF backfield is impossible to predict week to week. Still probably worth an add as a lottery ticket, though not worth blowing FAAB/waiver priority.
  • Anthony Miller (14%): Love his usage in the past few games. Don't love his schedule in the next few, especially given how badly Trubisky plays in tough match-ups.
  • Darwin Thompson (5%): Another backfield mess. I haven't seen enough to interest me, especially since best case it's him and McCoy, but I suppose might be worth a flier
  • Other handcuffs: Let the Cook/Mattison situation be a warning to you. Pick up Pollard, GEdwards, maybe Armstead.

Who else ya got?

Just now, easilyscan said:

I picked up the Vikings D for week 14. 

Yes, meant to add a DST streamer and agree they're the pick. GB is also great if they're still out there, and, if you survived Eagles/Jets last week, both of them could still be good (though worth keeping an eye on Jamal Adams' status for the Jets).

I'm really not seeing a lot of game changers for the week to grab to be honest with you....

Maybe a defense to stream.

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I'm really not seeing a lot of game changers for the week to grab to be honest with you....

Maybe a defense to stream.

Outside of Mattison, I'd agree. But if he's available in your league, he could be a potential league winner.

36 minutes ago, pipeman said:

John Ross is a risky pick, but I'm not willing to drop EE's cuff for the roster space.

Yes, meant to include him. I would add Ross if I had a WR4/5 who I was unlikely to start over the next few weeks. Someone like CSamuel, Cooks, Westbrook or Fitz. At this point might as well swing for the fences and hope you get a playoff stud.

13 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Yes, meant to include him. I would add Ross if I had a WR4/5 who I was unlikely to start over the next few weeks. Someone like CSamuel, Cooks, Westbrook or Fitz. At this point might as well swing for the fences and hope you get a playoff stud.

Agreed. I was struggling with the idea of plucking him off waivers, but just don't see him starting over Kirk or Tate in my flex. Quite a few mouths for the Red Rocket to feed in Cinci.

7 minutes ago, pipeman said:

Agreed. I was struggling with the idea of plucking him off waivers, but just don't see him starting over Kirk or Tate in my flex. Quite a few mouths for the Red Rocket to feed in Cinci.

Interesting. Was thinking of dropping Kirk for him if I don't get Washington. Don't like Kirk's schedule ROS, and even if Thielen misses more time I think I'd go with Waller as my flex.

If the Ross from the first two weeks comes back, he could be a must-start. (Big "if", I know.)

Go get Darwin Thompson if you can.  Shady has shown nothing this year except he can't hold onto the football.  Thompson has shown explosiveness and elusiveness.  The only reason Thompson hasn't gotten playing time is because he didn't understand the pass protections, so hopefully he has picked up what he's need to on assignments to get more playing time.  The Chiefs are bringing in Spencer Ware for a workout today, which tells me the news is not good for either of the Williams boys.  If there is a low risk/ high reward option on your list, it's Thompson.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Go get Darwin Thompson if you can.  Shady has shown nothing this year except he can't hold onto the football.  Thompson has shown explosiveness and elusiveness.  The only reason Thompson hasn't gotten playing time is because he didn't understand the pass protections, so hopefully he has picked up what he's need to on assignments to get more playing time.  The Chiefs are bringing in Spencer Ware for a workout today, which tells me the news is not good for either of the Williams boys.  If there is a low risk/ high reward option on your list, it's Thompson.

Shady looked damn good before he got pulled in a blow out. Looked good in Mexico too before he got pulled. Don't know what you're seeing besides a few fumbles. That's the issue. 

well i'll give some love to washington if no one else will.  he's put up some decent numbers the past few weeks and it should keep trending that way if juju stays out.  i had him but put him on my bench of course

Just realized Sterling Shepherd was dropped during his extended absence and is still available in my league. Given his playoff schedule (@PHI/MIA/@WASH) I think I would rank him ahead of Washington and would also drop Kirk to get him. 

10 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

well i'll give some love to washington if no one else will.  he's put up some decent numbers the past few weeks and it should keep trending that way if juju stays out.  i had him but put him on my bench of course

Yeah I like him as well. One thing that concerns me is he’s not getting a lot of targets so you’re hoping for big plays. Those could disappear at any time

7 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Yeah I like him as well. One thing that concerns me is he’s not getting a lot of targets so you’re hoping for big plays. Those could disappear at any time

well to his credit he has taken at least one or two a long ways to paydirt.  that would possibly limit him one or two targets per game

Nothing, so I’ll wait and see who drops someone that might be worth picking up.  

All four playoffs postions  are set going into the last week of our reg season. 

I’ll be the third seed.  

I dropped McClaurin (whose talent is being wasted by Haskins) and grabbed Zach Pascal. With Rogers out and how knows what's up with Hilton, seems like the only receivers in Indy are Doyle and Pascal these days. I don't trust Trubisky enough to get Miller and Ross as noted is very risky. He's the Tre'Quan Smith of 2019 - could get you 25 or 0 every week. And that's IF he stays healthy.

Think it’s a good move, sounds like Ty won’t be back.