Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

Knowing Your Enemy

QB Daniel Jones has Miami week 15. I have the bye this week but both my potential opponents are very weak at QB.

Taking my #1 waiver and grabbing him. I was going to get Mattison but can't really use him and from what they are saying Cook can probably play week 15. No point in taking him with the intel. Daniel Jones however, good possibility he could blow up Miami and kill me. 

The block is the better move IMO.

I don't think I can start him over Russel but man, Miami and then the Redskins? I am going to have to re-evaluate this situation. Daniel Jones has the potential to be the fantasy golden ticket nobody saw coming. I haven't heard one word about this situation on podcasts and articles. He could be a Lamar Jackson killer. I know it sounds funny but look at his stats against inferior teams.

Don't know about D Jones being good those weeks but I picked up the Giants Defense for weeks 15 & 16.

6 minutes ago, JagFan said:

This is an awesome story.  I can’t wait for the book.

I probably have a good one for you. By most experts I drafted 9th out of 10 teams. The guy who won with a 29pt Drake against the 49ers...that was me. I also used my #1 waiver on the Pats D in week 2. My #1 WR right now is Devante Parker. I could go on but I should not have the bye right now but that is fantasy football for you.

2 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

QB Daniel Jones has Miami week 15. I have the bye this week but both my potential opponents are very weak at QB.

Taking my #1 waiver and grabbing him. I was going to get Mattison but can't really use him and from what they are saying Cook can probably play week 15. No point in taking him with the intel. Daniel Jones however, good possibility he could blow up Miami and kill me. 

The block is the better move IMO.

Great plan except. There are a lot of good matchups for possible streaming qbs, week 15

Baker @ Ari

Garoppolo vs ATL

Minshew @Oak

Fitzmagic @ NYG

9 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

Great plan except. There are a lot of good matchups for possible streaming qbs, week 15

Baker @ Ari

Garoppolo vs ATL

Minshew @Oak

Fitzmagic @ NYG

I thought of that as well. Only 4 teams left at that point and only one on that list not rostered is Fitz. I could probably grab him as well so good point. I'm going to try and get Jones and Fitz now so thanks.

• Thanks 1

Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

I thought of that as well. Only 4 teams left at that point and only one on that list not rostered is Fitz. I could probably grab him as well so good point. I'm going to try and get Jones and Fitz now so thanks.

That makes sense then, I only play in a 12 team with shallow benches. Good luck I think that is a good plan to block those 2 qbs.

I got beat by a 25 pt kicker a couple years ago. I could have grabbed the kicker. Lesson learned. Not learning it again. If I get beat it won't be by Daniel Jones I know that much. I can live with that. If I can get Fitz it won't be him either. They will have to find another path.

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I got beat by a 25 pt kicker a couple years ago. I could have grabbed the kicker. Lesson learned. Not learning it again. If I get beat it won't be by Daniel Jones I know that much. I can live with that. If I can get Fitz it won't be him either. They will have to find another path.

Andy Dalton gets Ross back. He might be a sneaky one too. But I would probably be fine with my opponent starting him.

41 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Dalton won't help them in week 15 against a flu free NE. I'm only focused on week 15. If I were them I would throw Jones then Fitz at me. 

Oops was looking at week 16.

Another QB to consider is Lamar Jackson.  He gets the NYJ in week 15.  Not the best matchup, but he’s been pretty good this year against most teams from what I’ve noticed.  Someone might try to throw him at you which you’d be able to block as well.

• Like 1

A few years back, during Peyton's 55 TD season, I was fortunate enough to face the team that had him the week Denver was on bye. I had just used Alex Smith as my bye-week fill-in the week before, and I thought I was being sneaky by waiting until Saturday to drop him, ensuring that he wouldn't clear waivers in time for my opponent to use him against me. 

So instead, he picked up Nick Foles ... who promptly threw 7 TDs vs the Raiders.

Blocking isn't a bad strategy. But you can definitely get too cute. Personally, I would hope the team I'm facing in the playoffs starts Jones against me. But I could be wrong, and he could become this year's Billy Volek.

This ONLY works if you dump your entire bench and get every QB out there with a good matchup.