Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Illinois city to start paying reperations

England and France were the ones who established slavery here. 

Pretty clear the dropping black pop is hurting the Dems there and they need some recruiting.  Weed and free money seem to be the panacea.

The people of this city need to do what the people of Amelia, Ohio just did, which was to vote to dissolve their town.  The government had been wasting money and the last straw was passing a 1% local income tax without telling anyone. 

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

I gotta think this will get challenged in court?

It's not just going to be challenged they are going to lose massive amounts of money losing and appealing at each round. 

It is clearly not legal to do this and those that are proposing it should be arrested for trying to break the law. 

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

It's not just going to be challenged they are going to lose massive amounts of money losing and appealing at each round. 

It is clearly not legal to do this and those that are proposing it should be arrested for trying to break the law. 

Any example of how it is clearly illegal? I looked this morning, briefly, and couldn't find anything.  I was hoping to see it was already being challenged in court.

One thing I give them credit for is you won't be paying this bogus reparations unless you buy weed in their town, as opposed to trying to pay it out of property taxes which affect everyone. Of course they could use that tax money for better purposes, but it's only going to cost the people who buy that product. 

Now if someone was smart they'd set up a weed shop in a neighboring town and advertise how their product is reparations free. I know which store I'd frequent. :ninja:

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

One thing I give them credit for is you won't be paying this bogus reparations unless you buy weed in their town, as opposed to trying to pay it out of property taxes which affect everyone. Of course they could use that tax money for better purposes, but it's only going to cost the people who buy that product. 

Now if someone was smart they'd set up a weed shop in a neighboring town and advertise how their product is reparations free. I know which store I'd frequent. :ninja:

Brilliant. Reparations free!

29 minutes ago, DonS said:

We all pay for the legalization of weed, even if we don't buy it or smoke it. Just like we all pay for booze regardless. 

Hmmm, what % do you need to be to get access to this? I mean if they are giving away free money, there should be some way for the rest of us to get it too....AA's arent the only minority who were mistreated, if we can prove some % to one of them....cha-ching!

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Hmmm, what % do you need to be to get access to this? I mean if they are giving away free money, there should be some way for the rest of us to get it too....AA's arent the only minority who were mistreated, if we can prove some % to one of them....cha-ching!

And the sign said "light skinned cracker people need not apply" 

Why not just give the money straight to Nike or Timberland and eliminate the middle man? I mean all reparations will end up being is just a huge subsidiary for Nike 

The best part of blacks wanting reparations is we’ve already given them reparations.  What do you think AA, Food stamps and all that other and all the other government benefits blacks get over everyone else is?? We’ve already redistributed enough wealth as it is.

40 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

The best part of blacks wanting reparations is we’ve already given them reparations.  What do you think AA, Food stamps and all that other and all the other government benefits blacks get over everyone else is?? We’ve already redistributed enough wealth as it. 

Would have been cheaper to give them the money. 

This is just another example of the Democrats being racist slave masters disguising themselves as the good guy.  They pretend to be trying to help black people at the expense of white people so that they can target the white people as the bad guy.  But what's actually happening is that they're enslaving black people to the democrat party via financial chains instead of physical chains.  There's going to be enough white guilter's who will buy their weed in town to help out black folks, but no where near enough to accomplish their goals.  This, like all democrat policies won't work and they'll claim it's white people and republican's faults... not that the idea was bad.  So, what will happen is that they raise the tax.  That won't work either... and more blame will come.  It's the only way Democrats can keep the black people on their side... by telling them that they are victims of white republicans.  I'm sorry, but if you can't that this is just a different form of slavery, but slavery nonetheless, then you're just not paying attention.

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

England and France were the ones who established slavery here. 

Does it really matter though? Whites were slaves in Northern Africa long before blacks were slaves in North America.  The world just use to be a nasty place. Look at Haiti in 1804 (Haiti was also richest country in the west prior to this) and South Africa present day.

The black community could have forged an alliance with whites the last 50 years and we could have ruled the country together side-by-side, the way it was originally intended when slavery was abolished. It seems as a community they’ve taken every opportunity to push themselves further and further away and now we’re both focked. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DonS said:

You have just approved the slippery slope that will end in guaranteed income!

5 hours ago, RLLD said:

The Irish and Chinese have some money coming. 

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I want my potato 

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I'm Irish AND Chinese.  Do I get double?

I love the idea that people, born 150 year after Americas fought to end slavery, have to pay anyone living in America that is able to classify themselves as “Black”. Wouldn’t it make more sense to jail or execute all the descendants of slave owners, confiscate all their wealth and give it to anyone who can “identify” themselves as black? 

and the Ancestors of Black Americans who owned slaves will also receive reparations.

Slave owner descends receiving reparations from non slave owner descendants, something is screwed up here!

More whacky Liberal Logic.

Can Jew's get in on this? What if I convert? Do I get it $$ automatically?