zftcg

Christian Kirk: Worth holding on to?

12-team league, standard scoring. I've had Kirk on my roster all season, and fortunately he was in my lineup for the 3TD explosion. But heading into the playoffs, I'm not sure what value he has. Middling to bad matchups (Pitt/Cle/@Sea), and outside of the Tampa game, he hasn't scored and has only hit double digits once (back in Week 2, when he went 6/114).

The weird thing is, all the consensus rankings continue to have him as a solid WR3. He's typically been my WR4, but even if Thielen is ruled out again, I couldn't see myself starting him over Waller in the flex. In fact, I'm seriously considering dropping him for either Shepard or Washington, both of whom have much better matchups.

So am I missing something here? I do think he's talented, but for whatever reason he and Murray haven't been able to put it together this season.

He’s a high ceiling, low floor guy that I’ve played most weeks as my WR3.

Thomas & Godwin are my 1 & 2, so I’m willing to roll the dice on his occasional big game.

Im dropping him so i don't feel pressured from the rankings to start him. Hes been average most of the year. Barley breaking double digits. Lots of WW guys with better upside like washington , anderson, gage etc. Better matchups .

Thanks for reassuring me that I wasn't taking crazy pills. Dropped him for Shepard, though if Tate clears the concussion protocol and Juju sits again, I may pivot to Washington.

It's funny, I think our decisions on who to drop are often driven by fear that the guy will come back to haunt us on someone else's roster, but the opposite can also be true. I dropped Brandin Cooks last week and my opponent picked him up and started him against me. Felt great. I have a feeling I would react the same way if this week's opponent nabs Kirk.

Yes i wanted to drop Kirk but have not yet based on fear my opponent playoffs will play him agsinst me but last weeks performance assured me to drop. He goes off this week oh well.

9 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Thanks for reassuring me that I wasn't taking crazy pills. Dropped him for Shepard, though if Tate clears the concussion protocol and Juju sits again, I may pivot to Washington.

Huh, latest word is that Tate/Engram back but Jones likely out. Not sure what that means, but Washington is looking better at the moment. Anyway, topic for another thread.

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

12-team league, standard scoring. I've had Kirk on my roster all season, and fortunately he was in my lineup for the 3TD explosion. But heading into the playoffs, I'm not sure what value he has. Middling to bad matchups (Pitt/Cle/@Sea), and outside of the Tampa game, he hasn't scored and has only hit double digits once (back in Week 2, when he went 6/114).

The weird thing is, all the consensus rankings continue to have him as a solid WR3. He's typically been my WR4, but even if Thielen is ruled out again, I couldn't see myself starting him over Waller in the flex. In fact, I'm seriously considering dropping him for either Shepard or Washington, both of whom have much better matchups.

So am I missing something here? I do think he's talented, but for whatever reason he and Murray haven't been able to put it together this season.

Based on your own testimony he  is worthy of a drop for your team. 

Currently have Hopkins and Diggs....would you drop Kirk for Anderson, Crowder, either of the Pittsburgh receivers, or Beasley to be used as a possible flex 

Currently flexing Singletary or Penny

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Based on your own testimony he  is worthy of a drop for your team. 

You ever do that thing where you explain to someone else a dilemma you're facing, and just the act of saying it out loud (or writing it down) helps you realize you already know what you want to do? That's pretty much what this post was for me.

4 hours ago, rrmcguire said:

Currently have Hopkins and Diggs....would you drop Kirk for Anderson, Crowder, either of the Pittsburgh receivers, or Beasley to be used as a possible flex 

Currently flexing Singletary or Penny

Ppr? 

3 hours ago, zftcg said:

You ever do that thing where you explain to someone else a dilemma you're facing, and just the act of saying it out loud (or writing it down) helps you realize you already know what you want to do? That's pretty much what this post was for me.

I think that’s normal on here, most know what they want to do, just to make one feel better they post.  

Good luck. 

Like Beasley in a ppr. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zftcg said:

He is a typical WR3 / Flex option. He missed 3 games this year and sits in the mid thirties of WRs. Look at the guys in his area of the McLauran, Samuals, Crowder, etc... Some big weeks, some not so big. :dunno:

I was contemplating the exact same thing last night. I'm still a little apprehensive about drop him, mostly due to his target volume. It's comfortable to have a bye week/ flex option on your bench that averages around 8 targets/game. But now that it's playoff time, he may be my expendable piece. I've been dangerously rolling with only one QB (Watson) most of the year, and I'm looking to drop either Kirk or Tate for a reliable QB2 (Fitzpatrick).

I wouldn’t worry about picking up a second Qb. 

21 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I wouldn’t worry about picking up a second Qb. 

Agreed. Only reason to have two QBs at this point is if you're streaming matchups. I have Wentz but holding Tannehill as a potential Week 16 fill-in. Wentz hasn't done enough to make me feel like he's match-up proof. But if I had Deshaun I wouldn't be worried about that.

1 hour ago, himmystyles said:

Would u rather roster him or mclaurin in ppr ros? Skins have easy schedule but haskins stinks. 

Neither? 

In all seriousness, do you think you would actually start one of them over the next three weeks? If not, I wouldn't bother keeping them rostered.Either shore up your QB/DST to stream the position or find someone with high upside that you might actually start if he hit his ceiling. Someone like a John Ross.

3 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Would u rather roster him or mclaurin in ppr ros? Skins have easy schedule but haskins stinks. 

To answer your question, Kirk. 

3 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Kirk is trash. Start anyone else. PIT D is very good.

if I lost 5lbs, I could score 3 TDS vs TB

Yeah once again you lost what the thread is about, it’s about rostering Kirk.  

Thanks. 

Maybe you should date the ex, no sorry I think it’s a ex. 

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeah once again you lost what the thread is about, it’s about rostering Kirk.  

Thanks. 

Maybe you should date the ex, no sorry I think it’s a ex. 

Thanks. 

Why roster players you have no intention of starting? In 12 teamers or less, Kirk is not rosterable.

Beasley > Kirk even for you non PPRs

13 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Why roster players you have no intention of starting? In 12 teamers or less, Kirk is not rosterable.

Beasley > Kirk even for you non PPRs

Still sticking to this statement.  

8 non ppr points and 16 ppr points.  

Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Still sticking to this statement.  

8 non ppr points and 16 ppr points.  

Thanks. 

Hi Trolly. In your world or any other 8pts each for Beasley or Kirk; however, let’s agree Kirk exceeded expectation with 8 catches today.

1 hour ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Hi Trolly. In your world or any other 8pts each for Beasley or Kirk; however, let’s agree Kirk exceeded expectation with 8 catches today.

So you still sticking with your statement that he’s not worth a roster spot. 

8 points in non ppr and 16 in ppr vs the Steelers, in which you didn’t even like that matchup.  

Soooo?  

He put up decent stats this week. And if Chark's injury proves serious, I may consider re-adding him (he cleared waivers after I dropped him in a 12-team non-PPR league). Then again, nothing from yesterday did much to assuage my main fear with him -- that Arizona offense is just not clicking. As a result, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable starting him. And at this point in the year, what's the benefit of rostering someone you wouldn't want to start?

i wish he was available still, I just read that Ridley we’ll be out the season, darn it. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

i wish he was available still, I just read that Ridley we’ll be out the season, darn it. 

Pick up Gage

He’s not available.  

Thanks I do appreciate it. 

Kirk has become my Brokeback Mountain. I wish I knew how to quit him. 

Picked him back up and am currently debating between two of him, Waller or HHenry in a non-PPR league where we can start a WR/TE flex. Weirdest thing is that FantasyPros has Henry > Kirk > Waller. I think Waller is by far the safest  play of those three, and also has the best matchup. Also wary of Kirk because he has no TD upside. So as of now he is the odd man out. 

I'm with you, brother. Started Kirk on a whim (roll of dice) last week, and he helped with the victory. Now I'm left with deciding to bench one of my terrible match-ups (Diggs and Singletary) to what is probably a safe 6/80/0 line with Kirk. Already benched Andrews in favor of what I believed to be a higher ceiling with Higbee... 

22 minutes ago, pipeman said:

I'm with you, brother. Started Kirk on a whim (roll of dice) last week, and he helped with the victory. Now I'm left with deciding to bench one of my terrible match-ups (Diggs and Singletary) to what is probably a safe 6/80/0 line with Kirk. Already benched Andrews in favor of what I believed to be a higher ceiling with Higbee... 

Is he really safe? Last week was only his third game this year out of 10 played with more than 80 receiving yards (plus another where he had 79 + 19 rushing). I think it comes down to Murray and his inconsistency. When Arizona’s offense produces, Kirk will be part of it. But you never know when they’ll lay an egg

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

Is he really safe? Last week was only his third game this year out of 10 played with more than 80 receiving yards (plus another where he had 79 + 19 rushing). I think it comes down to Murray and his inconsistency. When Arizona’s offense produces, Kirk will be part of it. But you never know when they’ll lay an egg

I think you're correct regarding Murray. Kirk is top 10 in average amount of targets, but in the Cards' games I have seen this year, it's not a question of his receivers getting seperation. He just flat out tanks alot of the passes that most of the elite veterans don't miss. 

I don't get why Kirk is rated a high WR3. He only scored in one game. Granted it was 3 scores but that was against TB. I can't start him anymore. Going with Terry McLaurin who is rated much lower for some reason despite scoring in 5 games, blazing speed and a good matchup. I just think Kirk is in the wrong role. He should be slot exclusive. Bet that's where he goes next year. He does not belong on the outside.