Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

This Peloton thing?

Is there some reason that this is becoming such a big deal?   Hubby buys wife an exercise bike and somehow hes a bad person?

I mean he might be concerned for her health? 

Maybe she asked for it?

Why is everyone freaking out about this?

I think it's a peasant joke we are too rich to understand.

well apparently it's genius advertising....using liberal retard logic to your advantage. heard about "peloton" about 6 times today already. now that i see the commercial online again...realized ive seen it probably a dozen times on TV and never thought twice about it.

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's liberals being liberal.  They're an ignorant group and should be ignored.

Turning a bad commercial into a way to bash liberals in 5 posts. Probably not even a geek club record.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

Turning a bad commercial into a way to bash liberals in 5 posts. Probably not even a geek club record.

The issue isn't whether the commercial is bad or not, the issue is the "message" that liberals think is being made.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The issue isn't whether the commercial is bad or not, the issue is the "message" that liberals think is being made.

Where do you see this stuff?

I did see some discussion on it yesterday, but it was a joke column that made fun of the fact that Peloton has a commercial showing a 116 pound woman struggling to get down to 114 pounds in a years worth of torturous exercise.

Either a large part of the geek club visits internet sites that I do not or you fall for troll/clickbait articles that reference 1-2 tweets and blow them out of proportion.

I have read enough Supermike posts over the years to know that he gets triggered at every little thing on the internet, but with you this seems newer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I did see some discussion on it yesterday, but it was a joke column that made fun of the fact that Peloton has a commercial showing a 116 pound woman struggling to get down to 114 pounds in a years worth of torturous exercise.

Either a large part of the geek club visits internet sites that I do not or you fall for troll/clickbait articles that reference 1-2 tweets and blow them out of proportion.

I have read enough Supermike posts over the years to know that he gets triggered at every little thing on the internet, but with you this seems newer.

Here:  https://www.today.com/news/peloton-faces-backlash-ridicule-over-new-holiday-commercial-t169080

And here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/12/03/this-peloton-ad-is-dystopian-fitness-inspo-hellscape/
And here:  https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/12/3/20993432/peloton-new-commercial-horror-movie
And here:  https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50649826

And here:  https://nypost.com/2019/12/03/why-everyone-is-criticizing-the-new-peloton-bike-christmas-commercial/

And I take offense to your comment.  I don't generally get triggered....Hell I don't care.  This one just seemed odd to me. I've seen the commercial, when I heard there was an uproar about it (and clearly it isn't one of two tweets) I thought WHY????

GET WOKE OR GET GONE!

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Here:  https://www.today.com/news/peloton-faces-backlash-ridicule-over-new-holiday-commercial-t169080

And here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/12/03/this-peloton-ad-is-dystopian-fitness-inspo-hellscape/
And here:  https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/12/3/20993432/peloton-new-commercial-horror-movie
And here:  https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50649826

And here:  https://nypost.com/2019/12/03/why-everyone-is-criticizing-the-new-peloton-bike-christmas-commercial/

And I take offense to your comment.  I don't generally get triggered....Hell I don't care.  This one just seemed odd to me. I've seen the commercial, when I heard there was an uproar about it (and clearly it isn't one of two tweets) I thought WHY????

What are you doing on those sites.

Also every single one of those "articles" are guilty of the practice I talked about. They find a few people on twitter to quote and then they blow it out of proportion. If you create an article with twitter as your source you can find a few people that say anything

Right or wrong, I do have in my memory you falling for this type of journalism multiple times and then coming here to complain about it.

15 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

That's not a fact. That's what people wanted to see. People work out for all kinds of reasons. Losing weight is just one of them.

The people who are mad over this commercial have one or all of the following traits: Twitter blue checkmark, (pink, purple, blue) hair, BMI of Obese+, Voted for Hillary, think Epstein committed suicide, drinks soy and wears onesie pajamas.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

That's not a fact. That's what people wanted to see. People work out for all kinds of reasons. Losing weight is just one of them.

The people who are mad over this commercial have one or all of the following traits: Twitter blue checkmark, (pink, purple, blue) hair, BMI of Obese+, Voted for Hillary, think Epstein committed suicide, drinks soy and wears onesie pajamas.

I agree completely. I think the .01% of the population that is offended absolutely falls into your categories.

But this blows out of proportion because people fall for clickbait "news" that uses 1-2 twitter users as the source material.

The commercial is focking weird, I remember thinking that when it came on during the Texans’ smack down of my Patriots.

Not offensive, just focking weird. It made no sense.

And yeah, totally would bang the wife :banana:

11 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Also every single one of those "articles" are guilty of the practice I talked about. They find a few people on twitter to quote and then they blow it out of proportion. If you create an article with twitter as your source you can find a few people that say anything

Right or wrong, I do have in my memory you falling for this type of journalism multiple times and then coming here to complain about it.

It’s clickbait for sure but in supermike’s defense it’s been everywhere since yesterday.

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s clickbait for sure but in supermike’s defense it’s been everywhere since yesterday.

People should be able to tell what articles are somewhat factual and what articles are sensationalist. Every single one of the articles in Mike's link uses twitter users as the source of truth. You can't derive what America thinks from those articles because nobody is offended by the Peloton ad.

I found a twitter user that was offended that white people ate cereal and I almost did a parody "article", but I really need to get back to work, I finished eating 10 minutes ago, but sucked into the stupid wormhole that is the internet.

25 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I don't go to those sites..You asked who was saying it so I googled them..I wouldn't go to vox with a gun to my head.

I never fall for this..Ever..I am far too savvy.   However I do enjoy when "the internet" or "people" lose their sh!t over this stuff.

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

All's I'm saying.  I didn't create this outrage. I posted it here cause I saw some story about a comedienne making a parody tweet/video about it. Which sadly wasn't funny.  Then I saw all the references to people being mad.

20 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I agree completely. I think the .01% of the population that is offended absolutely falls into your categories.

But this blows out of proportion because people fall for clickbait "news" that uses 1-2 twitter users as the source material.

The focking company had to respond to it.  At that point, it becomes more than just a few tweets little fella.

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

People should be able to tell what articles are somewhat factual and what articles are sensationalist. Every single one of the articles in Mike's link uses twitter users as the source of truth. You can't derive what America thinks from those articles because nobody is offended by the Peloton ad.

I found a twitter user that was offended that white people ate cereal and I almost did a parody "article", but I really need to get back to work, I finished eating 10 minutes ago, but sucked into the stupid wormhole that is the internet.

The company responded to the "outrage"

You're wrong on this.  Go back to work.

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I don't go to those sites..You asked who was saying it so I googled them..I wouldn't go to vox with a gun to my head.

I never fall for this..Ever..I am far too savvy.   However I do enjoy when "the internet" or "people" lose their sh!t over this stuff.

If you think that people are losing their "sh!t" over this, then yes you fell for it.

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The company responded to the "outrage"

You're wrong on this.  Go back to work.

Of course they responded, look at all the stupid articles out there.

I still have time for one liners, just not time to write a parody article.

27 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

If you think that people are losing their "sh!t" over this, then yes you fell for it.

If the company responded, its impactful...Dude...stop it, you are embarrassing yourself now  quit it

16 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

If the company responded, its impactful...Dude...stop it, you are embarrassing yourself now  quit it

The funny thing is that I have the exact opposite view of this conversation.

18 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

MTSkiBum has been pretty cantankerous lately.

You alright buddy? :unsure:

I deserve that.

Moderates going at it up in here, just doesn't have the same bite as other threads. Step it up fellas, I want to be entertained!

I just watched the commercial due to the hubbub in this thread.

Based on what I saw, the husband should have bought the wife a squat rack instead. Her legs are too skinny, and her ass needs some work.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I just watched the commercial due to the hubbub in this thread.

Based on what I saw, the husband should have bought the wife a squat rack instead. Her legs are too skinny, and her ass needs some work.

This guy knows.

4 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

You're so above it all. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You're so above it all. 

And yet he hangs out in this cesspool.

Does not compute.

23 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

And yet he hangs out in this cesspool.

Does not compute.

He was up above it

Now he’s down in it 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

MTSkiBum has been pretty cantankerous lately.

You alright buddy? :unsure:

Agreed, wtf SkiBum?  :unsure:

• Like 1

I am sorry, i guess people do not share my view.

I will try a different way of explaining it and then i will drop it.

In my opinion, basing an article on a handful of twitter posts is equivalent to creating a news story such as Amy Michelson sleeping with Micheal Jordon based on forum posts. It is a personnel pet peeve of mine, but i will no longer bring it up.

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am sorry, i guess people do not share my view.

I will try a different way of explaining it and then i will drop it.

In my opinion, basing an article on a handful of twitter posts is equivalent to creating a news story such as Amy Michelson sleeping with Micheal Jordon based on forum posts. It is a personnel pet peeve of mine, but i will no longer bring it up.

I don't know that anyone disagrees with this, but it is in the news and it is the kind of mindless thing we discuss here.  :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's liberals being liberal.  They're an ignorant group and should be ignored.