edjr

How woke are you? Take the test

7 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

They just had a story on the news about some actor (or something) who posted a photo of himself on Facebook where he was carrying a single use plastic water bottle and people went apeshit.  He promptly apologized.  I wish these people would tell people to get a life rather than say they were sorry. 

Here you go.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/nation-world/jason-momoa-chris-pratt-water-bottle/285-d2ff0c3f-385e-4902-80c8-b3f1df186584

Chris Pratt was holding a plastic water bottle. Jason Momoa called him out

'Aquaman' wasn't having it when he spotted the fellow action star holding a water bottle for an ad.

Actor Jason Momoa took "Guardians Of The Galaxy" star Chris Pratt to task for posing with a plastic water bottle while promoting a partnership with Amazon, and Pratt was quick to agree with "Aquaman."

In a post on Instagram, Pratt is seen in workout gear, standing on a treadmill and holding a plastic water bottle. The caption says he's working with Amazon to "show you guys everything I use for my workouts, keeping active, and all that fun stuff to get you prepped for 2020."

Momoa, who is an advocate for ridding plastic and other garbage from the oceans, had some words.

"bro i love u but wtf on the water bottle. no single use plastic. come on," Momoa wrote.

Pratt didn't get defensive. He agreed with Momoa. 

"Aquaman! You’re completely right. Dammit. I always carry my big gallon size reusable water jug around with me too. I even had it that day!!!" Pratt wrote. "If I remember correctly somebody threw that plastic bottle to me in the photo shoot cause I didn’t know what to do with my hands! I never know what to do with my hands! So uncomfortable. For real tho. Love you too buddy. My bad. I don’t want your home of Atlantis covered in plastic. Hear that kids? Reduce. Reuse. Recycle."...………….

………………….."Our ego, our fear, and our relentless drive for profits have made us the only species willing to force disharmony with the natural balance of our world," Momoa said.

• Like 1

You:

Have never even closed your eyes.

WOW! You are bringing social justice to levels never before seen!  No perceived moral misstep escapes your self-righteousness.  Jesus could not reach the piousness of your moral superiority, and you are not afraid to make sure those around you are well aware of the shame they should feel at all times.  I would tell you to lighten up, but I don't want to appear racist.

So isn't woke basically just a hip new way of being a judgmental, sanctimonious, holier than thou tvvat? 

I used to hate the right because of their sanctimonious jeebus bull crap. This is worse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So isn't woke basically just a hip new way of being a judgmental, sanctimonious, holier than thou tvvat? 

I used to hate the right because of their sanctimonious jeebus bull crap. This is worse. 

I agree.  I always wanted religious right people to shut up about it because it moves moderate people to the left.  Woke is religion x10.

Peloton did this and scored

"you are in a coma"

This test really woke me up.  My kids' winter concert is tonight.  Teacher sent an email to the parents last night with the following statement: "I look forward to seeing you all at the Christmas concert!"

I'm going to call for her firing and will not stop until I succeed.

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

This test really woke me up.  My kids' winter concert is tonight.  Teacher sent an email to the parents last night with the following statement: "I look forward to seeing you all at the Christmas concert!"

I'm going to call for her firing and will not stop until I succeed.

:thumbsup: Get that teacher fired and burn her house down.

As for me, I'm going to physically attack the next person I hear today say "hey man" or "you guys" or something of that nature. That really boils my blood. And if that person is holding a one-use plastic water bottle, watch out. Double whammy.

I’m asleep. If there was option for in a coma that would probably be me. But this test is fockin gay. 

No option for the game or a good flick? Seriously if I can’t watch a game I’m watching a movie. Only f@gs watch sitcoms and romcoms. 

no option for the sports section of the paper? Who the fock only reads news or opinions? No option for sports illustrated in the doctors office? Wtf? No sports mag in the waiting room I’m opening ESPN app on phone and reading that. 

test sucks balls  

11 hours ago, sderk said:

"Aquaman! You’re completely right. Dammit. I always carry my big gallon size reusable water jug around with me too. I even had it that day!!!" Pratt wrote. "If I remember correctly somebody threw that plastic bottle to me in the photo shoot cause I didn’t know what to do with my hands! I never know what to do with my hands! So uncomfortable. For real tho. Love you too buddy. My bad. I don’t want your home of Atlantis covered in plastic. Hear that kids? Reduce. Reuse. Recycle."...………….

………………….."Our ego, our fear, and our relentless drive for profits have made us the only species willing to force disharmony with the natural balance of our world," Momoa said.

Yeah, but, what is wrong with that? Momoa did the right thing. I try to always drink directly from a water fountain or use my water bottle. There is a ton of nasty plastic everywhere. Why not cut down on plastic waste where we can. Chris Pratt is big boy and can handle that sort of gentle criticism.

FYI: 18 billion pounds of plastic flow into our water oceans each year.

Plastic shopping bags suck too, but I use them.

Aquaman shouid really go for it if he cares this much. China and India are the biggest polluters on earth, and it's not close. But alas, they are also the biggest markets for the stupid superhero movies he makes. Big man calling out one guy for a plastic water bottle. Bite the hand that feeds you if you want to do something meaningful. This is small ball 

I don't remember the commercial but when I think of pollution, I think of the crying Indian Native American.

35 minutes ago, peenie said:

I don't remember the commercial but when I think of pollution, I think of the crying Indian Native American Indian.

Fixed. No such thing as 'native' American. 

• Like 1

You: 

So goddammn unwoke, Rip Van Winkle doesn't want a piece of you

On 12/5/2019 at 8:57 AM, peenie said:

FYI: 18 billion pounds of plastic flow into our water oceans each year.

I highly doubt that.

How many tons flow into our land oceans?

• Haha 1