Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

FitzMagic = League Winner?

His weeks 14-16 could not be better (NYJ, NYG, CIN). ZERO semblance of a running game and Parker playing like, dare I say, a good WR.  

We’ve all seen this story before and seen him burn all our hopes and dreams to ashes, but I am seriously considering starting him over Brees this week. 

40 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

ZERO semblance of a running game and Parker playing like, dare I say, a good WR.  

That's a great point. If you decide to go that way, I'll be with you all the way (I have Parker)

He frightens me more than any other player. He could throw 6 picks or six TD's in a game. Long beard, does not give a f#$%. End of the road for him. He could put up 50 pts or 5 pts. A big greasy stick of dynamite. I'm going back and forth tonight on using my #1 waiver on him or Mattision. Right now it's Mattison. If I get beat by this lunatic next week then so be it. I do not have the balls to roster or start him.  

If Brees were playing almost anyone else I wouldn’t even think of using Fitzmagic, but honestly is Brees going to throw 3 tds this week vs SF coming off a loss?  Odds are if Fitz has a bad game it won’t be that worse than a guy like Brees this week. What the heck do I know though.  

I would totally start him over Brees. The Saints run D is so good, just that alone shortens fields. Mark my word, 49ers will be unable to run the ball. The Saints run D is legit. They have the freakin sack leader right now. NOBODY has been able to run on them. Their pass defense fails but it's normally garbage time. 

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

His weeks 14-16 could not be better (NYJ, NYG, CIN). ZERO semblance of a running game and Parker playing like, dare I say, a good WR.  

We’ve all seen this story before and seen him burn all our hopes and dreams to ashes, but I am seriously considering starting him over Brees this week. 

Brees

1 hour ago, rrmcguire said:

Deciding between him, Darnold, and Winston

Winston. 

I am rolling with him over Dalton and tannahill. I like his chances against a banged up jets d in a revenge game for one of the 30 teams he has played for 

I would start Taysom over Brees and I'm not kidding. They are going to use him more in this game. He outscored Kamara last week. They don't even look at Kamara in the RZ anymore. It's either some nobody or Taysom getting RZ targets. Watch, that dude is going to have either a TD run or pass along with about 3-4 other plays, one of which will be a splash play for 40 yards.

Brees has a quick release against that rush but outside of MT, rest of his receiving corp is pure garbage. He puts it in their numbers and they still drop it.

3 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I am rolling with him over Dalton and tannahill. I like his chances against a banged up jets d in a revenge game for one of the 30 teams he has played for 

I think it all boils down to JAMAL ADAMS....if he is OUT, roll out the bearded one, who will have to throw 40 times (hopefully to his teammates, and not gang green!) !

50 minutes ago, eagles115 said:

Brees is gonna be under stress all day long. The saints oline blows. 49ers gonna put a hurting on Brees. 

Good luck with this, and coming from a 49ers Defense owner

8 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I would start Taysom over Brees and I'm not kidding. They are going to use him more in this game. He outscored Kamara last week. They don't even look at Kamara in the RZ anymore. It's either some nobody or Taysom getting RZ targets. Watch, that dude is going to have either a TD run or pass along with about 3-4 other plays, one of which will be a splash play for 40 yards.

Brees has a quick release against that rush but outside of MT, rest of his receiving corp is pure garbage. He puts it in their numbers and they still drop it.

was thinking about this possibility as a very cheap DFS play

I'm trying to decide between Ryan, Fitz, and Tannehill: one perennial stud and two mediocre/career resurrectors who scare me. Matchups favor the latter 2 though but I'm truly scared to put my season on the line for one of them. What to do, what to do.

I like Fitz. They have no run game. Their only game script is pass and his matchups are comfortable enough where he should not be getting pressured much.

https://www.fftoday.com/articles/orth/19_aob_163_trust.html

Doug Orth

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Miami
Remaining schedule: Jets (Week 14), Giants (Week 15) and Bengals (Week 16)

The word "trust" is not usually associated with Fitzpatrick, who has consistently gotten on a hot streak at some point in just about every season in recent memory only to disappoint in spectacular fashion just as owners find themselves willing to open their hearts to him yet again. However, if we take an unbiased look at what he has done this year, he has generally performed well for his fantasy owners in softer matchups, done well in a difficult matchup or two (Buffalo and Pittsburgh) and performed poorly really only in one game (in Week 2 against New England, as should have been expected).

Do 10-plus years of wildly inconsistent play mean he is destined to fail yet again? I'm not so sure. Look, he's not a quarterback I want to throw into my lineup for the first time this season in Week 14 and pray he can keep it together for another week or three. It's almost a given he's going to turn the ball over at least once per game. And yet, I will consider starting him this week over Kyler Murray/Sam Darnold in one high-stakes league and Murray/Jameis Winston in another one. While recent performances against the Raiders and Bengals have lowered their recent points-against averages, the Jets are only two weeks removed from a four-game stretch in which they gave up an average of 272.3 yards and three passing touchdowns against Gardner Minshew, Fitzpatrick, Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins. They face the real possibility of being without their best defensive player - safety Jamal Adams - this week to boot.

Further enhancing Fitzpatrick's outlook: DeVante Parker has finally emerged as a playmaking force, while Mike Gesicki is starting to become a reliable option and flash some upside. Miami has rushed for 72 or fewer yards in all but three games - 50 in its Week 9 win over the Jets - so the responsibility of moving the offense is going to fall almost entirely on Fitzpatrick's shoulders once again. In my aforementioned situations, I wouldn't even consider Fitzpatrick if Murray wasn't facing the Steelers, Darnold hadn't fallen flat last week against the Bengals and Winston wasn't such an up-and-down performer opposing a Colts' defense that hasn't allowed more than two total TDs to a quarterback since Week 3. But if Fitzpatrick can simply replicate what he did against a healthier Jets team in Week 9 this week, I like my odds of him taking some of the sting out of facing Lamar Jackson in one league and Deshaun Watson in the other.

Week 16, would anybody really start Fitz in the championship game. I just don't see any scenario where that is a good idea. One thing about Fitz; very consistent at one thing; burning fantasy owners when it matters the most.    

I would trust Bress Vs the Niners. This weekend. 

I have Darnold but I'm literally just waiting to see if Adam's is out and then God help me I'm going to start Fitz Patrick.

Tannehill is available but dont like his volume. 

Darnold vs the Dolphins looks like a good one. 

Not a reach at all in a 2 Qb league. 

I picked up FitzMagic and plan to play him week 15 over Ryan@SF.  Fitzmagic is on a roll and has several soft matchups to end the season.  He did me right for 4 early games last year and now can bring me the 'Ship.

Would you start him over Wilson in week 15. That is what I am dealing with. Wilson had 15 pts last matchup with Ariz. They just ran it. Ugghh..I can't believe I'm about to start Fitz over Wilson but nothing tells me I should not.

3 hours ago, knight11e said:

Starting Fitz with confidence in a 2QB league.  I want to believe 

Same here. Who is your main? Mine is Jackson. 

No way I'm losing to L. Jackson over a minor QB adjustment. I will have to start Fitz over Wilson to deal with this freak of nature. Freak on freak. Let's roll baby. this is for week 15. Seahawks will try to keep it on the ground against Ariz. Nope. Not gonna happen. Wilson is garbage in week 15.

11 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

No way I'm losing to L. Jackson over a minor QB adjustment. I will have to start Fitz over Wilson to deal with this freak of nature. Freak on freak. Let's roll baby. this is for week 15. Seahawks will try to keep it on the ground against Ariz. Nope. Not gonna happen. Wilson is garbage in week 15.

You ok, you seem to be really stressing out about this situation?  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

You ok, you seem to be really stressing out about this situation?  

OMG. You don't even know the half of it. I have never beaten this guy. He always edges me out. .06 of a pt, 5 pts, 3 pts. Every single time for years.

9 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

OMG. You don't even know the half of it. I have never beaten this guy. He always edges me out. .06 of a pt, 5 pts, 3 pts. Every single time for years.

Wilson plays Carolina week 15. Who are 32nd against the run....not sure if the matchup is better or worse...But Wilson did put up over 20pts against them last year. While Wilson has not been great against the Cards his career.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Exactly. Why would they throw it that much. They can run to pay dirt all day. Wilson is not going to work week 15 for me. Too much risk.

I would not start Fitz over R. Wilson next week. No way. 

Have Parker in several leagues so he's a start for me. Yeah,.their run game is crap so.Fitz knows he's gonna have to sling it for a chance.to win.If Adams is out it would be a boost.but I think he goes for at least 275.yds.& 2 tds. I'll start him in a couple 2 qb leagues. He does have a decent playoff scheduLe so I'll be lookin at his matchups compared to my other QBs.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

Aaaaaaaand I want to kill myself right now...

what a mistake that was. He was set up perfect. He just did not do what I needed. Or he did just enough. As my second qb. I won't do that again. I am starting Tannahill going forward. 

7 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

what a mistake that was. He was set up perfect. He just did not do what I needed. Or he did just enough. As my second qb. I won't do that again. I am starting Tannahill going forward. 

Mental note to self: remember to drop Tannahill.......