Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 14 Scoop and Play WR

Hard to believe that the playoffs are upon us, and that this is the last regular season game in many FF leagues....but, alas, it is true. Therefore, I will run one more 2019 Scoop and Play WR thread. As always, feel free to add your own.

(Caveat: I often don't know what I am talking about)

Parris Cambell - Colts

A blue-chip second rounder outta Ohio State and pre-season fantasy darling, Cambell has had a mostly forgettable rookie season. Well...let's just say downright forgettable.....albeit injury plagued.  In fact, he has managed exactly 15 receptions for 115 yards and a TD. However, his last game played before a hand injury sidelined him for a month was also his best game, catching 5 of 5 targets for 53 yards.  He is back to practicing in full this week, and right in time....the Colts receiving corp is getting super-thin. Campbell has a shot to overtake both Marcus Johnson and Ashton Dulin immediately upon return while T.Y. Hilton (calf) remains sidelined for the foreseeable future, and Chester Rogers is on IR. Pascal, a former scoop-and-play nominee from earlier in the season, is still there and had a great game last week, but has been wildly inconsistent. Not to mention, Cambell gets the favorable draw of Tampa Bay, who have been sieve-like against opposing WR's, having given up 16 TD's to WR's in the last 7 games. And for those of you that don't know, he ran a 4.31 forty at the NFL Combine, so he has the long-speed to take the top off suspect secondaries....which from a fantasy standpoint is Mmm-Mmm good. Prediction: 5/89/1

Deep Dive: Allen "Hit Man" Hurns - Dolphins

Ah, yes, let's not forget about The Hit Man. Of course, DeVante Parker has been getting all the press, and rightly so. He has finally shown some of that ability that we have all been waiting years for. However, with Preston Williams long gone, Jakeem Grant on IR, and Albert Wilson being a total non-factor outta the slot (4th in routes run last week), that leaves Hurns in a potentially good spot against the Jets secondary, whom you might recall gave up 4 TD's at home to the Giants just a couple of weeks ago. Fitzmagic is feeling it right now, in what could possibly be his farewell tour, and the Dolphin run game is nonexistent. You might also be surprised to know that Hurns led all Dolphin receivers with 36 routes run in week 13. So, if you feel like throwing a hail mary in the last regular season game, turn to Hurns....even if it burns. Prediction: 4/63/1

Going to pick J Ross, he’s still available in my league. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Got my eye on him as well, but more as a stash for Weeks 15-16 than as a plug and play this week. Taylor said he would likely be eased back in.

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yup, didn't include him because I figured that he was probably not available in most leagues.

I am actually starting him in one game this week (not a must-win), and holding him on the bench in another in favor of Ashlon.

Mostly just hoping that he returns to form. He was a beast in the first two weeks of the season. If he does, he will probably be in my championship game in week 16 (if I win week 15). That 4.2 speed is nasty. 

Yeah he wasn’t available for a while, just dropped a few weeks ago, short benches. 

That speed is a def killer  

They might try to limit him somewhat, but he’s easly the Bengals best playmaker at the wr postion, just looking for three good shots down the field and one score out of that would be just dandy in the ol flex  

Good luck.  

15 hours ago, stonewall said:

Campbell has a shot to overtake both Marcus Johnson and Ashton Dulin immediately upon return while T.Y. Hilton (calf) remains sidelined for the foreseeable future...

Hmmm...  Where have I heard that before...?  Oh yeah...

Yahoo blurb on Campbell

11 minutes ago, mark32esu said:

Anthony Miller anyone?

Thought about him, but don't love the matchup. True-Biscuits is significantly worse when he faces a good pass D. Given that Miller is a clear second banana to A-Rob, that makes him too risky IMO.

16 minutes ago, mark32esu said:

Anthony Miller anyone?

He isn’t available. 

But if he is, he could be a good one.