Big Guy

Thursday Night Football ( Cowboys @ Bears )

Coaching, Coaching, Coachingย ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿฝ

7 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

That's coaching. Dallas is LOADED on both sides of the ball. It's focking insane.

I mean I keep hearing you and others say this....but is it true?

Dak is avg.

Zeke is good but a RB so who cares.

They do have a couple nice WRs but no TE.ย  Oline is good.

They are stacked on defense? How?

Anyway, Soldier Field was ok, andย I got to see a Cowboys game live. ย Mid 40โ€™s for a Dec game in Chicago was really nice.

The old columns next to newerย steel looks pretty weird from the inside too.

Lots of suites. ย They gotta be making a killing off those.ย 

ย 

Dak has a funny shaped head and is soft and average.

10 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Coaching, Coaching, Coachingย ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿฝ

That and talent.

I don't know how many more times we have to see our defensive front get biitch-slapped/manhandled in a game. If nothing else, this team has to FINALLY take the DT position seriously in the draft............. Sure wouldn't hurt to address Safety too..... And while we're at it - people need to wake up and realize this offensive line is way overrated.

21 minutes ago, edjr said:

Dak has a funny shaped head and is soft and average.

I bet peenie would like to see the pics you have.

how embarasskingย 

14 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

7-12 points bears, don't go overboard

D00d you are golden! ย :banana:

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

That and talent.

I don't know how many more times we have to see our defensive front get biitch-slapped/manhandled in a game. If nothing else, this team has to FINALLY take the DT position seriously in the draft............. Sure wouldn't hurt to address Safety too..... And while we're at it - people need to wake up and realize this offensive line is way overrated.

The Bears are a bottom 5 rushing team.ย  Only the Bengals, Falcons, Jets, and Dolphins are worse.ย  But somehow, they managed to push the Cowboys around all focking night!

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

The Bears are a bottom 5 rushing team.ย  Only the Bengals, Falcons, Jets, and Dolphins are worse.ย  But somehow, they managed to push the Cowboys around all focking night!

The reason for this though is because the change of game plan for the Bears finally remembering that Trubisky should be allowed to run at times.

Prior to this game, they had the clamps on Trubisky.ย  Little to no running with limited roll outs, and if he did,ย he was to goย down immediately.ย Dude has 143 yards rushingย in 13 gamesย with 63 of them being yesterday.

Last year in 14 games he had 421 rushing yards and the team was 11-3 in those games. And a couple of those games lost by missed 40 yards FGs at the end of the game. I think they were Miami and GB.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

The reason for this though is because the change of game plan for the Bears finally remembering that Trubisky should be allowed to run at times.

Prior to this game, they had the clamps on Trubisky.ย  Little to no running with limited roll outs, and if he did,ย he was to goย down immediately.ย Dude has 143 yards rushingย in 13 gamesย with 63 of them being yesterday.

Last year in 14 games he had 421 rushing yards and the team was 11-3 in those games. And a couple of those games lost by missed 40 yards FGs at the end of the game. I think they were Miami and GB.

I thought they used him really well last night. He got booed for sliding too early by some of the sh!thead Bears fans around us, but he was just being smart.ย  He certainly didn't slide on that TD run.ย ย 

Oh I know - every team does. And this isn't new - this has been going on for years.

Hell we made Aaron Jones a future HOF'er - 106 yards and 4 tds.

This team (and Marinelli) does not believe in big, fat, nasty DTs. They also don't believe in natural born 1 techniques. They're actually on record as saying so..... And again, we've not drafted a DT in the 1st Rd. since. Russell Maryland... Until that changes, we will continue to get manhandled up front. I just don't understand how they can be so blind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Oh I know - every team does. And this isn't new - this has been going on for years.

This team (and Marinelli) does not believe in big, fat, nasty DTs. They also don't believe in natural born 1 techniques. They're actually on record as saying so..... And again, we've not drafted a DT in the 1st Rd. since. Russell Maryland... Until that changes, we will continue to get manhandled up front. I just don't understand how they can be so blind.

Their pass rush has also gotten softer in the past few weeks.ย  I think they got to Mitchy twice last night?ย  Once was on a corner blitz.ย ย 

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Their pass rush has also gotten softer in the past few weeks.ย  I think they got to Mitchy twice last night?ย  Once was on a corner blitz.ย ย 

Who would you rather have?

A - Zeke, and his $90m contract

B - DeForest Buckner (SF) and Derrick Henry

ย 

2016 Draft - I campaigned then, and still, that we should have traded down, picked up extra picks, taken D. Buckner in the 1st - then D. Henry in the 2nd.

Zeke and D. Lawrence both got paid this offseason - both have been all but disappeared, had very little impact.

Of course Jerry took Zeke with the 4th overall pick - and we still suck, $90m less too... You never take RBs in the top 5 - ever. We are living proof.ย 

• Like 1

I thought they used him really well last night. He got booed for sliding too early by some of the sh!thead Bears fans around us, but he was just being smart.ย  He certainly didn't slide on that TD run.ย ย 

Yeah. He chose to slide one yard before the line of scrimmage right before he was about to get pummeled by a couple linebackers. Boooo. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Who would you rather have?

A - Zeke, and his $90m contract

B - DeForest Buckner (SF) and Derrick Henry

ย 

2016 Draft - I campaigned then, and still, that we should have traded down, picked up extra picks, taken D. Buckner in the 1st - then D. Henry in the 2nd.

Zeke and D. Lawrence both got paid this offseason - both have been all but disappeared, had very little impact.

Of course Jerry took Zeke with the 4th overall pick - and we still suck, $90m less too... You never take RBs in the top 5 - ever. We are living proof.ย 

People love shiny things.ย  Even knowledgable people who watch all the games.ย  Right here last week we have non cowboy fans saying they could be dangerous in theย playoffs and that they are super talented.ย  People, even Jerrah himself cant understand that fantasy football has nothing to do with winning football games.ย ย 

The Cowboys are not that talented.ย  They have the talent of about what thry will end up.ย  .500 team.ย ย 

People just never will learn that RBs and WRs matter very little in comparison to other ways in building a team.ย ย 

These teams are said to be uber talented

Cowboys, Browns, Chargers.ย  Where are they all? They all have a QB you know.ย  Some running backs.ย  And some WRs.ย ย 

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

If only the owners knew the real coaching talent was right here at the GC :(ย 

7 hours ago, Cruzer said:

That and talent.

I don't know how many more times we have to see our defensive front get biitch-slapped/manhandled in a game. If nothing else, this team has to FINALLY take the DT position seriously in the draft.

Yes of course, but if they can't harvest the crop they've picked, then that too puts the blame on the Coaches.

Does nobody in the organization have an eye for talent and the ability to get the most out of it?

7 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Yes of course, but if they can't harvest the crop they've picked, then that too puts the blame on the Coaches.

Does nobody in the organization have an eye for talent and the ability to get the most out of it?

Jerrah playing GM has what has hurt the Cowboys.ย  Good teams, good franchises are at least sound in their approach and application of what they are trying to do.ย  Where as Jerrah has an agenda.ย  That being headlines over winning culture.ย  Puppet master over best coach.ย ย 

They have put together some good seasons...not a ton but a few as of late.ย  I think they can draft good players, butย I just think their approach to positions, signings, bringing on idiots ruins it.ย  It is sporadic, some years things align a bit.ย  More years it does not.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

People love shiny things. ย 

Jep - think I've only said about 1000ย times here over the years.ย 

The way the next coach of the Cowboys has to handle Jerry is by deceiving him before he gets hired. Let Jerry think he's going to be a puppet like Jerry obviously requires, make him commit and then when the actual business of coaching the team starts tell him to but out. Hard to do when Jerry is also the GM and in charge of personnel, but the coach would have to live with it. See if Jerry would have the balls to fireย ย a guy he just hired. Be like Parcells, do it your way.ย 

Ugh!!!

Brett Maher @ the 2:50 ish mark, he must be Jason Garrett's son.

ย 

What a good game for the Bears. Mitch finally allowed to use his legs to aid his throwing. Why did it take Nagy this long to figure out what everyone knew? I bet Nagy goes home and cries every night that he can't run his stupid playbook like he wants. Mitch certainly looked better than a lot of other young qbs

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

What a good game for the Bears. Mitch finally allowed to use his legs to aid his throwing. Why did it take Nagy this long to figure out what everyone knew? I bet Nagy goes home and cries every night that he can't run his stupid playbook like he wants. Mitch certainly looked better than a lot of other young qbs

Cool your nuts there fella, you were playing the Cowboys

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

Cool your nuts there fella, you were playing the Cowboys

So I can't mention he looked good in this game?ย 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

So I can't mention he looked good in this game?ย 

Of course you can, but he would have only looked just a little bit better if he was playing against no D at all.

Trubisky with only one year starter under his belt in college, is kicking ass right now!!! Takes some time for sure in his case.ย 

:banana:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1