Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Eli Manning, and verbal pauses ..

It used to drive me insane listening to Chuck Pagano interviews for this very reason. Never understood why a Head coach, face of the franchise, wouldn't invest some time into becoming a better public speaker. Is this typical for Eli? Seems odd for a Manning to not be able to give an interview without the YOU KNOW at every pause.

37 minutes ago, boilerddd said:

It used to drive me insane listening to Chuck Pagano interviews for this very reason. Never understood why a Head coach, face of the franchise, wouldn't invest some time into becoming a better public speaker. Is this typical for Eli? Seems odd for a Manning to not be able to give an interview without the YOU KNOW at every pause.

Maybe someone with access to both the Manning family, & the Giants organization, could have a sit down with them, & suggest an intervention. 

Am I the only one who doesn't think there's anything particularly bad about this? I think most people have verbal tics when they speak off the cuff. I also got the sense Eli was just trying to get through the interview by giving banal answers and not make any news.

Based on the headline, I was expecting a 30-second pause in the middle of his answer.

35 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think there's anything particularly bad about this? I think most people have verbal tics when they speak off the cuff. I also got the sense Eli was just trying to get through the interview by giving banal answers and not make any news.

Based on the headline, I was expecting a 30-second pause in the middle of his answer.

Agreed. Didn't think any of the "um"/pause was anything out of the ordinary.  His brother was definately a better interview... and QB.

Maybe his post game speech will be better Monday night & he'll have more to say on how he was able to hand Philly a division loss and Jerry Jones extends an invite to Eli to come to his home in Dallas over the holidays,lol.