Sign in to follow this  
HTH

: Christmas List Ideas

Hey,

What's on everyone's Christmas List this year? My family is asking for a list. Here's what I have so far...

3 Luna Cds

The Best of Luna IMPORT

Luna

Luna Park

Luna

Penthouse

A Fresh Approach White Chocolate

High quality White Fudge

Peanut Brittle

Amazon gift certificate (always good!)

$25 itunes gift certificate(2)

Restaurant Gift certificate

:excited:

45 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Some Milwaukee tools

Chiner sh!t nowadays.  Ive got a 25+ year old Milwaukee circular saw that weighs a.ton and runs like new.  I also have a 5 year old 28v hammer drill that both $100+ batteries crapped out.  😠😠😠

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Chiner sh!t nowadays.  Ive got a 25+ year old Milwaukee circular saw that weighs a.ton and runs like new.  I also have a 5 year old 28v hammer drill that both $100+ batteries crapped out.  😠😠😠

I got the brushless hammer drill for my ice auger and I just wanna stick with one brand

We must have lost a box in our move 4 years ago cause I’ve been missing a bunch of my favorite books. I made a list of about 15 of them and asked my wife to give the list out to anyone asking about XMas or my bday a few days before.

New iPhone case. 

Couple dress shirts for work.

Zippie hoodie.

I’m a simple guy. Anything I need I buy. I’m pretty frugal with $ and don’t have a lot of wants. I also think Christmas is for the kids.

56 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

I got the brushless hammer drill for my ice auger and I just wanna stick with one brand

No doubt.  With so many DC tools, you would have to be a fool to not stay with one battery platform.  The batteries are actually pretty easy to rebuild/upgrade.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

We must have lost a box in our move 4 years ago cause I’ve been missing a bunch of my favorite books. I made a list of about 15 of them and asked my wife to give the list out to anyone asking about XMas or my bday a few days before.

New iPhone case. 

Couple dress shirts for work.

Zippie hoodie.

I’m a simple guy. Anything I need I buy. I’m pretty frugal with $ and don’t have a lot of wants. I also think Christmas is for the kids.

Yet you have a list. 

I want a sou vide as well.  And I need a new kindle..my first gen kindle fire isnt holding much charge lately

That combat shovel thing 

Battery operated leaf blower.  I'm sick of plugging mine in.

Last year got a battery operated weed whacker and it's about a billion times better than the gas one I used to own

18 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Sous vide is a great gift. One of the best purchases i ever made and only $100

Hmm, which one did you get?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Battery operated leaf blower.  I'm sick of plugging mine in.

Last year got a battery operated weed whacker and it's about a billion times better than the gas one I used to own

I bought the 80 volt Kobalt a couple years back because I got sick of my gas one's dying.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/kobalt-80-volt-max-lithium-ion-630-cfm-brushless-cordless-electric-leaf-blower/1000486243?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-sol-_-google-_-lia-_-239-_-electricblowers-_-1000486243-_-0&store_code=1598&placeholder=null&gclid=CjwKCAiA27LvBRB0EiwAPc8XWQio0c4zhgBoINUEdoVL-9IFjnRRbzA56k_R8M0I-1plXfIbZXXo_BoCNpMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Loved it so much, I bought one for my dad.  Highly recommend the 80 volt rather than the 40 volt cheaper version. Worth every penny.  Word of advice when it comes to these... CHARGE THE BATTERY AFTER USE. Those types of batteries can go bad if they're stored with low charge for a long time.  My hedger battery died and I've been told that might have been the reason. Luckily Lowes replaced it for free.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:09 AM, Cloaca du jour said:

I want a sou vide as well.  And I need a new kindle..my first gen kindle fire isnt holding much charge lately

If you read a lot, get the oasis. I have the 2nd generation oasis, focking love that thing. Pricey, but worth it to me.

I have a full size tablet, but I hate reading on a screen like that. Hurts my eyes.

I take those two toys when I travel. Tablet loaded up with 256 GB of shows and movies, kindle loaded up with books, and I'm good for a month or more. 

7 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

If you read a lot, get the oasis. I have the 2nd generation oasis, focking love that thing. Pricey, but worth it to me.

I have a full size tablet, but I hate reading on a screen like that. Hurts my eyes.

I take those two toys when I travel. Tablet loaded up with 256 GB of shows and movies, kindle loaded up with books, and I'm good for a month or more. 

Can you read outside with it...my kindle fire sucks for that.. i was looking at the old original 4gb one

5 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Can you read outside with it...my kindle fire sucks for that.. i was looking at the old original 4gb one

Yes. It's e ink. It's just like a piece of paper. Much better on the eyes. 

I prefer oasis to OG or paperwhite for the larger screen, the one handed grip, and the physical buttons to turn pages. But I read constantly. It wouldn't be worth the extra money to occasional readers. 

On 12/7/2019 at 9:58 PM, Brad GLuckman said:

-New snowshoes

-New camping stove

-Smartwool socks

Couldnt think of much else 

Try alpaca versus smart wool.

Hey, 

I'm looking to get my 89 year old mother a Christmas gift...maybe a sweater?

Any suggestions for a high quality one would be appreciated!

Did you just get into Luna?  

For me..a dropper seat post and riding shorts for mtn biking.  some long sleeve tees.  

59 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Did you just get into Luna?  

For me..a dropper seat post and riding shorts for mtn biking.  some long sleeve tees.  

Yes.  Saw them live in NYC. 

My new favorite band!

• Like 1

I keep being asked and I got nuffin

7 hours ago, edjr said:

I keep being asked and I got nuffin

That man whose lap you keep getting on...he isn’t Santa :(

My wife keeps asking me for a list.  I guess I'll do it now, right here.  Gah. 

1.  Warm socks

2.  Digital tire pressure gauge

3.  One of those Masters (golf) coffee tumblers

4.  A ladder.  I have an tall one I use outside but I need something for inside chores like painting a ceiling or replacing a light fixture.  I'm thinking of this:  https://www.littlegiantladder.com/products/flip-n-lite

5.  New sweater vest

On 12/8/2019 at 5:29 PM, Reality said:

Ur Mom.

Jesus, y'all suck.

Thank you.  
I was going to add "without the herpes", but good enough

I don’t get the joke. I don’t know what this Luna is supposed to mean or the white chocolate memes. I’m guessing something like, Trump was caught on camera eating white chocolate or something and Luna is the name of some band he mentioned. Really no idea.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, HTH said:

Hey, 

I'm looking to get my 89 year old mother a Christmas gift...maybe a sweater?

Any suggestions for a high quality one would be appreciated!

https://www.talbots.com/clothing/sweaters?start=0&sz=54

Sweaters are 40% off!

You can buy her a faux fur throw blanket. They're reasonably priced at Marshall's. 

You can get her a nice robe from Natori (top lingerie brand). You can find one for less than $100. Just scroll right by the really expensive ones:

https://www.natori.com/sleep-lounge/sleep/robes-wraps/

• Like 1