Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Best father/son combos in sports?

Im watching the PNC father/son tourney on golf channel. It got me thinking about how unremarkable some sons have been in attempts to follow in their fathers paths.  So who are the best?  Off the top of my head, I thought of the Griffeys (MLB) Mathews(NFL) and Currys (NBA).  Who you got?

When you say father son I automatically think of Ken Griffy Sr and the kid hitting homers in the same game. 

There's a lot of obvious ones so let's skip those. 

The Franconas in baseball, the Schottenhiemers in football (son Brian is currently OC for Seattle and teams will come calling to hire him as a head coach this offseason), the Farrells have an interesting future as John Farrell won a world series with the Red Sox as manager, and two of his sons are in the Cubs organization:  Son Shane Farrell is an area scout for the Cubs.  Son Jeremy Farrell is assistant director of player development for the Cubs at age 32. He has another son Luke Farrell who is a pitcher in the Rangers minor leagues.

38 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Asterisk for sure, but Bobby & Barry Bonds have to be mentioned.

This prompted me to research Bobbys career more closely.  Many articles over the years actually cite the Bonds as the greatest father/son duo in MLB.  The Alous, Alomars, and Boones are also families with significant MLB success.  The Fielders are no slouches either.

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

My son and I could crush anyone of you in cornhole. 

He said “sport.” Regardless, challenge accepted.  You and your son will go down faster than Barack does on big Mike.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Manning hate is strong. Sad. 

Damn forgot about them.  I guess because Archie was a little before my time. Impressive tbough when he has 2 sons in Canton

• Thanks 1

Man O War and War Admiral

Father/son stars in different sports:

Ken Norton and Ken Norton Jr. 

Calvin and Grant Hill

Gordie and Mark Howe

Didn't the deflater have a son working with him in the Patriots locker room? Those two. 

John Daly and John Daly

if I could buy stock in someone, I would go all in Little John.   BEAST!

SEPTEMBER 16, 2019

John Daly II gets plenty of attention for having a famous father. But it was the younger Daly whose golf game turned heads over the weekend. Daly II flattened the field at a competitive International Junior Golf Tour event, shooting 70-66 to win the Florida Junior in Kissimmee, Fla. by nine.

16 and shooting 66 :o

He tore is up at the father son this weekend too

Barry Bonds and Daddy Bonds, not even a competition.  Stop it

• Like 1

the berrys were pretty good. we are starting to see some next wave Basketball players from the 80s-90s... glenn robinson jr. Isah thomas' kid, hardaway, glen rice jr, washburn, 

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bill/ Steve Bellicheck 

:lol:

With being caught taping someone again and hiring his son, I'd say Bill is getting senile. 

Just now, BiffTannen said:

Randall Moss and his boy at LSU

HE GOT MOSSED!