Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Mike Evans done for the day

Mike Evans (hamstring) won't return Sunday.

Evans roasted Colts CB Pierre Desir for a 61-yard touchdown Sunday, but clearly was hurting after getting into the end zone. He was in obvious pain on his way to the locker room and has been ruled out. The Buccaneers will move forward with Chris Godwin, Breshad Perriman and Justin Watson in three-WR sets.

SOURCE: Scott Smith on Twitter

Dec 8, 2019, 1:50 PM ET

One catch, blows his hammy on it. At least he made the one count I guess.

Good. I hope he's out for the season. One of those high draft picks that seldom reward you for starting him. But you can't bench him on the off chance he might have a decent game. Makes lineup decisions easier going forward.

From Rotoworld: 

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said he'd be "shocked" if Mike Evans (hamstring) played again this season.

"It's not good," said Arians. "I'll be shocked if Mike makes it back before the last week." Evans will undergo an MRI to determine the severity of a hamstring injury he suffered in Sunday's win over Indianapolis. The 26-year-old has been an iron man throughout his career, missing just two games due to injury (and one to a suspension) since arriving as a first-round pick in 2014. He ranks third in receiving yards with 1,157, trailing only Michael Thomas (1,424) and teammate Chris Godwin (1,212) in that statistic. With Evans likely to miss the final three games, look for the Bucs to employ Godwin, Breshad Perriman and Justin Watson in three-wide sets moving forward.

B Perriman. 

But Winston might be out.