Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

Ok Chubbies

You guys have been on me since August when I said DND at his price because of the impact of Hunt down the stretch.  It’s week one of the playoffs.  We’ve all seen the stats.  And we’ve all seen the the Hunt TD.

Did you win your playoff game.  And be honest.

I had a first round bye, in thanks to my stud RB who leads the NFL in rushing, Mr. Nick Chubb. But his 121 yards today would probably have been just fine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I had a first round bye, in thanks to my stud RB who leads the NFL in rushing, Mr. Nick Chubb. But his 121 yards today would probably have been just fine.

Hahahaaa.... 

40 minutes ago, jrokh said:

12 points from your first or second round pick is ok with you?

Jesus this is the worst part about fantasy message boards. Some random guy who will just spout anything in August would come back for the I told you so post.  There are literally hundreds of these kinds of posts where Oh you better draft this guy or oh man don't draft this guy.

We all make some good draft picks and we all make some bad draft picks and we all have some good luck and bad luck. Even these dopes on CBS who are experts screw up all the time period Ryan Fitz Patrick this week is a prime example.

In short don't be that guy. Nobody really gives a fock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Jesus this is the worst part about fantasy message boards. Some random guy who will just spout anything in August would come back for the I told you so post.  There are literally hundreds of these kinds of posts where Oh you better draft this guy or oh man don't draft this guy.

We all make some good draft picks and we all make some bad draft picks and we all have some good luck and bad luck. Even these dopes on CBS who are experts screw up all the time period Ryan Fitz Patrick this week is a prime example.

In short don't be that guy. Nobody really gives a fock.

I’m sorry for your loss.

Traded Julio for Chubb straight up on 10/27 right before Hunt returning....yeah nice trade for me, IMO!

Current starting WR's:

Hopkins and Godwin

Starting RB's:

AJones, Gordon, Chubb

Top seed heading into playoff week 15

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

I’m sorry for your loss.

I'm good.... I'll be in the semi finals with the 3rd best record in the league. Won my league 5 out of 19 years. Not once do I get on here with the I told you so post. 

The biggest farce in fantasy football is the idea that anybody knows anything. 

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Even these dopes on CBS who are experts screw up all the time

They aren't experts imo. Are they better at setting weekly lineups than a woman who has never watched football, but decided to play because her favorite nephew needed one more team in his league ? 

Absolutely! 

But beyond that, I don't believe they're any better than most members of this forum.

Look at Matthew Berry: His title is Espn "Senior Fantasy Sports Analyst"

I only had time to look at QBs, & realize it's only one week, but here's his love/hate for that position week 14.

Love:
Kirk Cousins: 242-1 *mediocre at best* D
Carson Wentz: TBD
Sam Darnold: 270-2 *not bad, but not sensational by any stretch* C
Ryan Tannehill: 391-3 *hats off here, he nailed this one* A+
Ryan Fitzpatrick: 245-0 *he led the team in rushing with 65 yards which brought him up to mediocre* D

Hate: 
Drew Brees: 349-5 + a rushing TD  F-
Jameis Winston: 456-4 *he did have 3 picks, but I think anyone who played him can live with that*  F-

As for the guy with the severe case of CDS (Chubb Derangement Syndrome) I think it would be best if we all ignored him from this point forward.

I still think it was worth the risk. I don't have the updated week 14 stats yet, but it looks like once you add those, Chubb & Henry will basically be tied for the lead in rushing yards.

Henry, McCaffrey, & Cook do you have substantially more TD's than Chubb, but I think the owners of the following RB's (all of whom were taken before I grabbed Chubb) Saquon Barkley, Alvin Kamara, David Johnson, Todd Gurley, James Connor, & Le'Veon Bell,  would kill to trade their pick for mine.

3 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

I'm good.... I'll be in the semi finals with the 3rd best record in the league. Won my league 5 out of 19 years. Not once do I get on here with the I told you so post. 

The biggest farce in fantasy football is the idea that anybody knows anything. 

Wow love that post.  

Agreed. 

I won my win or don't make the playoffs game, against the manager with Drew Brees no less.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:09 PM, JagFan said:

12 points from your first or second round pick is ok with you?

Anything over 10 points is a good day in my opinion. So I’d definitely take 12 from my first round pick. Coincidentally, my first round pick of David Johnson hasn’t done sh1t since he got hurt and got replaced. He did get a TD yesterday but he was on my bench where he will remain 

On 12/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, JagFan said:

You guys have been on me since August when I said DND at his price because of the impact of Hunt down the stretch.  It’s week one of the playoffs.  We’ve all seen the stats.  And we’ve all seen the the Hunt TD.

Did you win your playoff game.  And be honest.

Sigh. Chubb only gave me 23 in the semi-finals. I was hoping for 30. What a bum🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jrokh said:

Sigh. Chubb only gave me 23 in the semi-finals. I was hoping for 30. What a bum🤣

Cool story.  He has Baltimore next week.  He’ll probably land right on those 7 points in your championship game for you.  
I made the championship game in all 3 leagues with 0 shares of Chubb.  Let’s compare notes next Monday.

Why is this even a debate?  Chubbies is playing like a top 3 back all season.  Even with Hunt back he’s putting up points.

150 yards and a TD this past weekend.  He leads the league in rushing.  1,780 total yards and 8 TD.

• Like 1

Chubbing along into the Championship game week 16!

Hunt has been a godsend for Chubb owners....man just when I thought it couldn't get any better!

4 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Why is this even a debate?  Chubbies is playing like a top 3 back all season.  Even with Hunt back he’s putting up points.

150 yards and a TD this past weekend.  He leads the league in rushing.  1,780 total yards and 8 TD.

one of the more bizarre "Need to be proven right" arguments i have seen

• Haha 1

Yea, I’d assumed it was that bad.  Good luck next year.  Y’all should’ve traded him when you could get value.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, jrokh said:

So you got your 4.5 today that you needed? Nice. 

Chubb was worth it at any price that was paid for him. Even amid the trainwreck that was the browns offense and season.

Of course the Chubb was worth a draft pick.  

Silly fo those that can’t see, that he helped teams make it to the playoffs.  

Thats always the first job, then the title game. 

He lived up to expectations, interesting to see what happens to Hunt next season. 

Second round for a top six non ppr rb, that’s a pretty good deal. 

this is the most bizarre "argument".  he led the league in rushing.  he did great after Hunt came in too.  sure - he lost a few touches but he was still awesome

But yet to some, not worthy of a draft pick.  Tisk tisk. 

7 hours ago, cavern said:

"this is the most bizarre "argument"

To me it's something else. A couple of guys who are convinced that those of us who drafted Chubb, weren't taking into account that once Hunt returned from suspension, he would cut into his productivity. In my opinion, they're behavior is borderline OCD. 

32 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

To me it's something else. A couple of guys who are convinced that those of us who drafted Chubb, weren't taking into account that once Hunt returned from suspension, he would cut into his productivity. In my opinion, they're behavior is borderline OCD. 

probably part of it..... there were alot of backs that were not worth their pick this year.  Chubb, who finished as rb7 in my league, was not one of those

Jacksonville isn't exactly known for producing Rhodes Scholars. Exhibit A is Fred Durst. Exhibit B is the OP...

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

Jacksonville isn't exactly known for producing Rhodes Scholars. Exhibit A is Fred Durst. Exhibit B is the OP...

AAA+++