Bier Meister

FF Scruples

Sunday is over and you have a 3 pt lead.  Opponent is done.  You have your defense in vs a high scoring offense (can receive negative points) on Monday night.

Ok to bench your d/st?

Go.

3 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Bite every appendage off. 

you had a one nighter with HT?

I would but my luck would be that Tuesday morning Yahoo would change the stats of another of my players and I'd lose by 1.  

What about if say on a Tuesday you drop your kicker and pick up another player (non-kicker) and then wait until before game time and drop someone to pick up a kicker?  I've done that often but have felt kinda sketchy about it.  

19 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I would but my luck would be that Tuesday morning Yahoo would change the stats of another of my players and I'd lose by 1.  

What about if say on a Tuesday you drop your kicker and pick up another player (non-kicker) and then wait until before game time and drop someone to pick up a kicker?  I've done that often but have felt kinda sketchy about it.  

as long as you aren't churning, sounds ok.

At this stage of your life - reputation means more than $$$.

No way I'd ever pull a stunt like that - I'd man up and give full effort.

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I would lose respect for you if you didnt pull the defense. 

35 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Agree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riversco said:

I would lose respect for you if you didnt pull the defense. 

This would say more about you than me....... tells you all you need to know about some people.

5 hours ago, Cruzer said:

This would say more about you than me....... tells you all you need to know about some people.

I'm betting you don't lose respect for pro sports teams that bench players at the end of the regular season, nor in a blowout. But for some reason it matters to you in fake football. I'm sure you're ready to list some extenuating circumstances why "those situations are different" but it doesn't matter.  I'm betting if you were a Lakers fan, you wouldn't be pissed off that LeBron took a seat with 7 minutes to go in a blowout.  Your position tells me your morals are screwed up.  You have arbitrary and inconsistent moral judgements.  So like I said, it makes me lose respect for you.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Funny, the older I get the less I care how others feel about me.  I figure by this point in my life I am who I am and if one doesn’t like it, oh well.

That said.  My reputation, which is already established, WOULD play my defense.

6 hours ago, riversco said:

I'm betting you don't lose respect for pro sports teams that bench players at the end of the regular season, nor in a blowout. But for some reason it matters to you in fake football. I'm sure you're ready to list some extenuating circumstances why "those situations are different" but it doesn't matter.  I'm betting if you were a Lakers fan, you wouldn't be pissed off that LeBron took a seat with 7 minutes to go in a blowout.  Your position tells me your morals are screwed up.  You have arbitrary and inconsistent moral judgements.  So like I said, it makes me lose respect for you.

1st of all, being misaligned with your "morals" isn't the hickey you seem to think it is. I'd be seriously troubled if they were the same. 

2ndly, by the examples you've given - it's evident this subject is above your head.

When the Lakers are blowing out a team, when LeBron sits for the last 7 minutes - Frank Vogel doesn't send out just 4 guys to finish the game. When LeBron comes out, another player takes his place  - they still have a full, 5-guy  lineup competing on the court.

There's the Ted Williams of the world - then there's the you's of the world. No sleep lost over you losing respect for me being a man.

You would be the Patrick Reed of your league. 

14 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Sunday is over and you have a 3 pt lead.  Opponent is done.  You have your defense in vs a high scoring offense (can receive negative points) on Monday night.

Ok to bench your d/st?

Go.

Any league that allows you to not play a defense, is the epitome of a sh1t league.  What is the excuse? Defense is hurt?

Ive been playing fantasy baseball and football for years.  We bench players all the time if it helps to win and no one has ever cared.  This is a bizarre thread.  You take this game tooooooo seriously.  I have never ever heard of someone getting butthurt over an empty lineup spot and i think i might boot someone from the league for it for being a douche lol

14 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

In our league, you would lose if you leave a spot open. 

Ditto.  To @fandandy question we also have - you have to be able to field a complete team at all times.  

43 minutes ago, riversco said:

This is a bizarre thread.  

I, too have been playing ff since about 91 and fb since about 2000. in baseball we play hth, daily lineups.  very common to bench players at the end of the week to preserve avg, obps, era, whip. 

I was just taking a pulse of where people and ff leagues stand on this (especially if no rules are in place). 

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

1st of all, being misaligned with your "morals" isn't the hickey you seem to think it is. I'd be seriously troubled if they were the same. 

2ndly, by the examples you've given - it's evident this subject is above your head.

When the Lakers are blowing out a team, when LeBron sits for the last 7 minutes - Frank Vogel doesn't send out just 4 guys to finish the game. When LeBron comes out, another player takes his place  - they still have a full, 5-guy  lineup competing on the court.

There's the Ted Williams of the world - then there's the you's of the world. No sleep lost over you losing respect for me being a man.

the guys Frank Vogel replaces Lebron with CANT score negative points.  I think you are way off on this, Cruz.

Just now, patweisers44 said:

the guys Frank Vogel replaces Lebron with CANT score negative points.  I think you are way off on this, Cruz.

Frank Vogel still has to field a full, 5-guy line up. He can't roll with just 4 guys - he has abide by the rules.

Now - if a league doesn't require you field a full roster, then ok. Still be a chicken shiit move - but w/in the rules and permittable.

My defense score -6 Sunday. I've lost a game because Rex Grossman scored -15. I bench every single time

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

I, too have been playing ff since about 91 and fb since about 2000. in baseball we play hth, daily lineups.  very common to bench players at the end of the week to preserve avg, obps, era, whip. 

I was just taking a pulse of where people and ff leagues stand on this (especially if no rules are in place). 

Fantasy is just a freaking game to stave off boredom.   Anyone taking it so seriously that they get outraged over lineup gaps has issues.  

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Fantasy is just a freaking game to stave off boredom.   Anyone taking it so seriously that they get outraged over lineup gaps has issues.  

different motivation, level of competition, and styles of leagues.  they deal with ambiguity differently. 

Is it high stakes? 

with strangers?

family?

casual friends?

work league?

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Frank Vogel still has to field a full, 5-guy line up. He can't roll with just 4 guys - he has abide by the rules.

Now - if a league doesn't require you field a full roster, then ok. Still be a chicken shiit move - but w/in the rules and permittable.

That's the impression I was under when I made my statement.  allowable to field a team without a defense.

12 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

different motivation, level of competition, and styles of leagues.  they deal with ambiguity differently. 

Is it high stakes? 

with strangers?

family?

casual friends?

work league?

If you are playing in a league with stakes high enough to get butthurt about stuff like this you are doing it wrong lol.

10 hours ago, riversco said:

If you are playing in a league with stakes high enough to get butthurt about stuff like this you are doing it wrong lol.

This all about what is ok and not ok in ff.  We have different conversations when rules are omitted or overlooked regardless of the entry fee...but as that fee increases and the stakes get higher tolerance changes when there is a discrepancy. Generally we are talking about "fairness" and overall benefit for the league vs individual.