Mike Honcho

Artist Maurizio Cattelan’s taped banana to wall - sells 3 times

NYTimes

The artist Maurizio Cattelan — whose fruit pinned to the wall with gray duct tape was sold three times at Art Basel Miami, for $120,000 to $150,000 each time — and his gallery Perrotin announced on Sunday, the last day of the fair, that the banana had been removed from its booth because of the Mona Lisa-like attention it was getting.

My reactions :shocking:  ------> :lol: ------> :cry:

Stupid is as stupid does sir.....

The artist doesn't even provide the bananas or duct tape.   

The three buyers who collectively spent about $390,000 on the taped fruit had bought the concept of the piece, which comes with a certificate of authenticity from the artist, along with installation instructions. It is up to the owners to secure their own materials from hardware and grocery stores, and to replace the banana, if they wish, whenever it rots. After Mr. Datuna consumed the banana, the gallery taped another one to the wall.

Two “artist proofs” (extra prints signed as part of a limited edition) were sold to unidentified museums.

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

The artist doesn't even provide the bananas or duct tape.   

Uh-oh, sounds like the artist is treading on thin "THAT'S RACIST" ice! 

I taped my banana to the wall once and it hurt like hell removing that tape. My GF was not happy with me. Some people just don't appreciate art. Jeez.  

has it wilted yet?

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

NYTimes

The artist Maurizio Cattelan — whose fruit pinned to the wall with gray duct tape was sold three times at Art Basel Miami, for $120,000 to $150,000 each time — and his gallery Perrotin announced on Sunday, the last day of the fair, that the banana had been removed from its booth because of the Mona Lisa-like attention it was getting.

Who's better? 

Maurizio Cattelan or Roxette? 

:dunno:

1 minute ago, kutulu said:

:banana:

How much y'want for that?  :ninja: