Cruzer

Losing has Pats fans on tilt.

If I were to guess, this is a normal thing int he stands for these people, but we are only hearing about it now because of the loss....

They had to stop hosting Monday night games in the late 80s do to nitwitism

Was like 20 years before they brought them back.

Nitwits gonna nitwit.  

As a season ticket holder, I can tell you it really depends on certain factors:

1.  Is it a 4:25 or 8:15 game?  If so, expect some guys to be really liquored up.  Fighting quotient is high

2.  Is it a late season game?  Fewer women go, so you get a lot more testosterone in the stands.  Fighting quotient is high.

3.  Is it a game where you can get a lot of money on the market for tickets to a game when it is focking cold?  Regular season ticket holders sell their tickets to whoever is willing to pay the $$$.  More away fans and knuckleheads cause an increase in the fighting quotient.

The losing of the game doesn't really matter as we have fights even when we have multiple 21 game home winning streaks.  

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

1.  Is it a 4:25 or 8:15 game?  If so, expect some guys to be really liquored up.  Fighting quotient is high

2.  Is it a late season game?  Fewer women go, so you get a lot more testosterone in the stands.  Fighting quotient is high.

3.  Is it a game where you can get a lot of money on the market for tickets to a game when it is focking cold?  Regular season ticket holders sell their tickets to whoever is willing to pay the $$$.  More away fans and knuckleheads cause an increase in the fighting quotient.

The losing of the game doesn't really matter as we have fights even when we have multiple 21 game home winning streaks.  

Yeah, this was my guess

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, this was my guess

It is a thousand times better than it used to be.  When "new" stadium was built (2002) they put in a ton of cameras for the World Cup.  They can find a dickhead pretty quickly and get security there.  They also pull your season tickets or right to purchase tickets if there are problems since the waiting list is about 70k.  Makes a lot of people act better.  Even the swearing is way down, so you can actually take your kids (mainly the 1:00 games). 

Last one I saw before I got Sunday Ticket, everyone was watching the game but I was watching this thing brew up below me due to a guys dogshit cigar. Happened 2 rows below me, guy 2 rows down was being told to put it out by the guys above in (one row below me). Nudged my friend and told him to get ready. Right then the guy turned, took a big toke and blew smoke right in their faces, I remember saying 'here we go'. My friend's dad was in that same row below me to the right, his brother to my right pulled him right out of his seat as these dudes went at it big time. Funny as hell as we cleared an area for the to go at it. We cheered it on. Then we had a lot of leg room.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Damn, sounds like Philly.

Those are dirty, dirty people in Philadelphia. I’m not surprised.  

was it philly where they killed an opposing fan?

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

was it philly where they killed an opposing fan?

Thought that was California .. Raiders Niners Chargers?

Chiefs/Raiders is always good for one of these,check out the guy that crashes over the top of 6-7 rows of seats.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Damn, sounds like Philly.

Not even close. You can be a visiting fan in Foxboro as long as you have thick skin. Unlike Mahomes GF

In my experience it was the Boston fans that needed the thick skin. Easy pickins 

Who are the dumb asses that actually buy jerseys, go to games and fight?

Nothing beats just watching it alone at home :D 

I'd imagine anyone who pays to drive in traffic to sit in the cold and have a worse view of a game then they would have sitting comfortably in their own home is probably too invested in the team to know better.

This goes back to what I've said for a while and it's that we need to start pricing the rift raft out. I want everything to go up in price. Flights, tickets for sporting events you name it.

45 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

This goes back to what I've said for a while and it's that we need to start pricing the rift raft out. I want everything to go up in price. Flights, tickets for sporting events you name it.

Guns?

2 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Who are the dumb asses that actually buy jerseys, go to games and fight?

Nothing beats just watching it alone at home :D 

How about watching it at home with friends? :dunno:

2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

How about watching it at home with friends? :dunno:

In Cardinal, Niner, Packer Country???  :lol: :nono:

I do go to sports bars occasionally, but even there you can get into a fight with some A$$hole that hates the Cowboys

11 hours ago, drobeski said:

Guns?

bullets

It's become crazy. I went to a chiefs chargers Monday night football game a number of years back in chargers gear. Was a really great game. Rivers fumbled a snap at the end to lose the game. Walking out I had 2 guys jump in front of us just hooting and hollering obviously looking for something. Luckily I knew to kind of trigger that down and said yeah man that was an awesome game though wasn't it. You guys played well. And that diffused that but you can see how easily these things go from 0 to a 100. 

But even the stands where we were at in the lower level. Really nice seats. There was a brawl. 

Is there even such a thing as 

1. Large group of people
2. mass quantities of alcohol being consumed
3. Nitwits at the core

Not a single fight? is that even possible?

At a bar, at a stadium, you name it.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Is there even such a thing as 

1. Large group of people
2. mass quantities of alcohol being consumed
3. Nitwits at the core

Not a single fight? is that even possible?

At a bar, at a stadium, you name it.

A fight broke out at my wife's company Christmas party on Sat.  Some numb-skull figured out that the party next door was giving away free drinks instead of the cash bar at this party.  He kept sneaking over there for freebies and got absolutely loaded.  When a co-worker tried to take his keys, he started throwing hay makers.  There was already a cop car sitting outside the venue so he saw the whole thing unfold.  They got someone to take him home.  I don't think he has much of a future at the company anymore.  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

A fight broke out at my wife's company Christmas party on Sat.  Some numb-skull figured out that the party next door was giving away free drinks instead of the cash bar at this party.  He kept sneaking over there for freebies and got absolutely loaded.  When a co-worker tried to take his keys, he started throwing hay makers.  There was already a cop car sitting outside the venue so he saw the whole thing unfold.  They got someone to take him home.  I don't think he has much of a future at the company anymore.  

NEVER drink at a work function, or around co-workers, ever....

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

I have been at our NY office since Sunday, they invited me to the holiday party, it's tonight. I go home tomorrow night.

I've already been warned by my boss' boss to be careful what I say and around who I say it.  They know me well.

Boston holiday party is next week. at the four seasons. 2 holiday parties for me :overhead:  (hopefully)

5 hours ago, vuduchile said:

pure stupidity

Drinking or not drinking? 

It really depends on the company culture and relationships. When I worked for a construction mgmt co I got ripped at their parties. At my current one I will drink but definitely not to excess.

12 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

It's become crazy. I went to a chiefs chargers Monday night football game a number of years back in chargers gear. Was a really great game. Rivers fumbled a snap at the end to lose the game. Walking out I had 2 guys jump in front of us just hooting and hollering obviously looking for something. Luckily I knew to kind of trigger that down and said yeah man that was an awesome game though wasn't it. You guys played well. And that diffused that but you can see how easily these things go from 0 to a 100. 

But even the stands where we were at in the lower level. Really nice seats. There was a brawl. 

That was you?

I kid,but I was at that game.

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

That was you?

I kid,but I was at that game.

Oh nice. Yeah it was a fantastic game but man it was crazy.  Like even the row of guys in front of us were trying to talk mess but after a while of just having fun with them they knocked it off and we all had a really good time... but so easy for that to go the other way.

I doubt ill ever go to an away game with someone else's and gear on again though.

Conversely we went to Cleveland for the World Series and those people could not have been any nicer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RLLD said:

People get focking ripped at our Xmas party. Usually someone or several people say/do something really stupid and we all just have a good laugh about it. Just kinda depends on the company

14 hours ago, MDC said:

Drinking or not drinking? 

It really depends on the company culture and relationships. When I worked for a construction mgmt co I got ripped at their parties. At my current one I will drink but definitely not to excess.

Getting loaded and losing control is stupid.  

There are plenty of people who can have a couple drinks and maintain their composure.