Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

DeAndre Washington - FF Playoff Hero or Zero?

Still on the wire in the majority of leagues, Washington certainly finds himself in an unlikely spot to potentially carry FF teams across the finish line. Of course, this is assuming that Josh Jacobs is shut down again with his fractured shoulder, which would seem reasonable (if not likely) considering the fact that the Raiders are out of the hunt. 

Last week, Washington soaked up the majority of RB touches, getting 20 touches which he converted into 93 yards and a TD. By comparison, Jalen Richard only managed 43 yards on 9 touches. Additionally, Oakland gets Jax at home this week, who seem to have quit.....giving up a league-leading 7 ypc to RB's over the last 5 games. Anyone remember what Henry did to Jax after the team had basically quit last season?

For an out-of-nowhere upside flex, one could seemingly do much worse.

The industry certainly isn't treating him as an out-of-nowhere upside flex. He is being ranked as a top 10 RB this week if Jacobs is out.

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

The industry certainly isn't treating him as an out-of-nowhere upside flex. He is being ranked as a top 10 RB this week if Jacobs is out.

Out-of-nowhere in that he was on absolutely nobodies radar as a potential FF playoff asset, and is still only 4.3% and 8%  owned in NFL.com and Yahoo leagues, respectively.

3 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Out-of-nowhere in that he was on absolutely nobodies radar as a potential FF playoff asset, and is still only 4.3% and 8%  owned in NFL.com and Yahoo leagues, respectively.

I hear you man. He isn't flying under the radar anymore. Every site is promoting him as the pickup of the week or as a league winner. I'm hoping to score, just gotta hope my fellow owners are asleep at the wheel...

25 minutes ago, cotarice12 said:

Washington and AJ Brown are both on waivers. Which way would you lean?

Personally, I would lean Washington as a flex. Brown has big upside, but has struggled with consistency. 

24 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I hear you man. He isn't flying under the radar anymore. Every site is promoting him as the pickup of the week or as a league winner.

Let's just hope he doesn't Jalen Samuels us....

I just have a hard time trusting his coach, I’m just not so sure he commits to him again like last weekend. 

I think Richard will see more work this weekend. 

Nothing at all against Washington, just a feeling. 

Good luck if you do start him, I’ll be rooting for you.  

1 hour ago, cotarice12 said:

Washington and AJ Brown are both on waivers. Which way would you lean?

Bigger need? 

Wow I think I trust Brown more. 

Since Washington and Mostert are the hot waiver wire pickups this week, which do people have ranked higher? I think Mostert > DWash, but it’s close. Putting in claims on both to try to prevent anyone else from getting them. 

38 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Since Washington and Mostert are the hot waiver wire pickups this week, which do people have ranked higher? I think Mostert > DWash, but it’s close. Putting in claims on both to try to prevent anyone else from getting them. 

I would say Washington. Col. Mostert has been great and could have another good FF week in him, but does still have the threat of Breida and Coleman....and did all of his damage last week on 12 touches. He also faces the Falcons, who have been suprisingly strong against the run lately, having not allowed a RB more than 70 yards rushing in the last 5 games....with only one TD. Jax, on the other hand, who Washington gets, has allowed five 100 yard rushers in the last 5 games, with 8 TD's.

1 minute ago, stonewall said:

I would say Washington. Col. Mostert has been great and could have another good FF week in him, but does still have the threat of Breida and Coleman....and did all of his damage last week on 12 touches. He also faces the Falcons, who have been suprisingly strong against the run lately, having not allowed a RB more than 70 yards rushing in the last 5 games....with only one TD. Jax, on the other hand, has allowed 5 100 yard rushers in the last 5 games, with 8 TD's.

I get that, and it’s definitely a reasonable position. I just think Mostert is more talented and has a better offense. Not saying he’s CMac or anything, but Washington is a career backup who is only getting his opportunity because of Jacobs’ injury. Mostert has earned his touches over the rest of that backfield. But both definitely carry some risk. 

Other question for me is do I start either at RB2 over Singletary and Bell. I think Mostert yes for both. Washington vs Singletary is close. Anyway we’ll see who I get once waivers run

12 minutes ago, zftcg said:

both definitely carry some risk.

On this we are definitely in unison. Will be starting Washington in at least one (and perhaps two, depending on waivers tonight) over the likes of Hyde, Scarborough, and Laird......but not with confidence. 

To be honest, I admittedly have a weak spot for potential dark-horse playoff heroes (and Wash and Mostert would definitely meet that criteria). In a pursuit that has lost a bit of its shine for me over the years, it just makes a victory so much sweeter. Of course, conversely, it makes a loss sting a bit more. CJ Anderson helped win me 4 of 6 leagues that I played in last season, and they were the most satisfying victories for me in some time.

Could well be some wishful thinking for me with Washington, but all the parameters are there. Unlike your case, I am only plugging him in as a flex. Already have Henry/Carson and Henry/Dmont going. So, the "leap" is only across a narrow chasm.

I have one league where I'm starting Dalvin Cook, but that 2nd RB spot (and flex spot) is dicey with Conner.  I got absolutely rocked with injuries this weekend (Mike Evans, Devante Parker, DJ Chark, even Lamar Jackson) and I'm feeling like I'm in swing for the fences mode.  Considering trying both Washington and Mostert.  This is the championship and I'm up against the top seed and now 12-2 team and am limping in. 

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

Touches I would go with Washington, ff production I’ll take Mostert. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Touches I would go with Washington, ff production I’ll take Mostert. 

This could very well turn out to be the case. One other thing to keep in mind is that SF did lose their starting center, Weston Richburg, to injury.

• Like 1

Great point, and a big lost. 

8 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

I have one league where I'm starting Dalvin Cook, but that 2nd RB spot (and flex spot) is dicey with Conner.  I got absolutely rocked with injuries this weekend (Mike Evans, Devante Parker, DJ Chark, even Lamar Jackson) and I'm feeling like I'm in swing for the fences mode.  Considering trying both Washington and Mostert.  This is the championship and I'm up against the top seed and now 12-2 team and am limping in. 

Don't worry about Lamar Jackson.  I live in Baltimore and am a Ravens fan.  He says he's 100% and playing.

7 hours ago, stonewall said:

This could very well turn out to be the case. One other thing to keep in mind is that SF did lose their starting center, Weston Richburg, to injury.

Counterpoint: Never bet against Kyle Shanahan's ability to scheme his way into a productive running game. I heard similar things when they lost Juszczyk earlier in the year and they didn't miss a beat while he was out.

Anyway, it's irrelevant to me at this point since I ended up getting snaked on Mostert but did get Washington. As of right now, leaning toward starting him over Singletary, but I'll give it a couple days before I make my decision.

3 hours ago, drdelaware said:

Don't worry about Lamar Jackson.  I live in Baltimore and am a Ravens fan.  He says he's 100% and playing.

That's really good to hear.  That Thursday night game availability had me worried.  I also worry because I think they can actually win the game with RGIII at the helm.  A bit concerned that they pull him.  

Slow your roll on Washington.

Would have been nice to get this update before I wasted a waiver claim.

Oh well.......but really surprised that Jacobs might continue play with a fractured shoulder, esp with Oakland outta the hunt.  Did not expect that.

Back to Laird, I guess...

You want some Intrigue? Here we go...

Updating a previous report, Raiders coach Jon Gruden said Josh Jacobs' positive MRI results don't guarantee he'll play Week 15 against the Jaguars.

Here are Gruden's exact words following Wednesday's walk-through practice: "We’ll see what happens in the next couple days. It doesn’t mean he’s going to play, but I’m glad the reports are positive."

Lotta upbeat reports this week about Jacob's availability, and he has got limited work all three practices, but in all honesty it's looking like another GTD on Sunday....and it's an afternoon game. Here's what Gruden said today:

“He got work all three days, I think that’s a good sign,” Gruden said. “I don’t know how much he will play - don’t know 100 percent if he’ll play. But it does look pretty good.”

Here's what David Fucillo from DraftKings is saying this afternoon:

Last week, Sunday morning brought word Jacobs would play, but then he was deactivated in the afternoon. I don’t think anybody should be surprised if something similar happens this week.

Reason why I don’t trust the situation, I don’t trust the coach. 

Well, well, well....here we go.

Still has the chance to be a hero in the Ship.....or a zero, of course.

For what it is worth, he has averaged only 3.3 ypc this season.

I think that might be, if you own Jacobs I wouldn’t count on him playing again this season.  

13 hours ago, stonewall said:

Yeah, when it seemed like he was going to get the start against Jacksonville, that seemed like a really juicy match-up. LAC is more middle of the road. Then again, the Vikings' backup ran all over them last week.

Currently debating between one of Washington, Bell and SIngletary. As of right now leaning Bell.

Ppr?m

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Ppr?m

Standard. It's only for the third-place game so not sweating it too much.

18 hours ago, stonewall said:

Stoney would you roll with Washington over ADP in half PPR? Thanks and good luck!

5 hours ago, zftcg said:

Standard. It's only for the third-place game so not sweating it too much.

Washington. 

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Stoney would you roll with Washington over ADP in half PPR? Thanks and good luck!

Man....that is a virtual coin flip in my estimation. Either one make a great flex, but if I had to make a choice, I would have to roll with ADP simply because he has a better ypc average than Washington, and virtually has the backfield to himself, and I just can't predict how involved Jalen Richards might or might no be. Yes, there is a good chance that Washington sees more receptions, but ADP did get 3 last week, and has scored a TD in three straight.

Best of luck to you, as well.

man who would have thought a championship would go like this

last Sunday I was trying to decide between Laird, Freeman, Drake, Mack, and White as my RB2 and flex

now this week I have

Drake, Boone, Washington, Freeman, White, Mack and cant decide

(Cook was my RB1, at least hes ruled out early)

Mack has the best matchup in football on paper

Drake coming off monster week

Freeman vs Jax is a good matchup

Washington good match

White is always a wild card hes an easy sit

and then there is Boone