Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 15 Scoop and Play WR - Playoff Edition

Congratulations to all of you who are still reading.....likely means you have advanced to the playoffs. I hadn't intended to continue the thread into the playoffs, but some unique WR opportunities this week, combined with very untimely injuries to several marque players (Ridley, Evans, Chark, Alshon, etc), convinced me to throw out a few more.

(Caveat - I often don't know what I'm talking about)

AJ Brown - Titans.

Obvious choice, but widely owned.

Westbrook/Conley - Jags.

With Chark looking very doubtful, one could do much worse than one of these guys. Of the two, I would recommend Westbrook, if available. He has the pedigree (2016 Biletnikoff winner and Heisman Candidate), 24 targets in the last three games, and the high ceiling we look for. Jags draw the Raiders this week, giving up the 7th most FF points to WR's. Somebody has to catch the ball, right? Westbrook could be huge.

Allen "Hit Man" Hurns - Dolphins

After a tolerable showing last week, Hurns once again finds himself in the Scoop-and-Play thread. He now has 19 targets in the last 3 games, and with Williams and Grant already on IR, as well as Parker and Wilson now iffy with concussions,  that leaves the Hit Man as Fitzmagic's WR1. We all know what Hurns is capable of, and the Giants are a great draw, giving up the 5th most points to WR's.

Danny Amendola - Lions

With Mahven Jones and Hock out, this leaves Amendola in a very good position in week 15. After Golladay, there isn't much left besides Chris Lacy, and Blough has proven to be capable of delivering the rock. In fact, he has peppered Amendola with 16 targets the last 2 weeks. Adding to the upside of Amendola is the fact that the Lions face the worst defense in the league at home.....the vaunted Bucs secondary, giving up, by far,  the most points to fantasy WR's.

Perriman/Watson - Bucs

With Evans on the shelf, Scotty Miller with a bad hammy, and Winston on a bizarre passing yardage pace, one of these two guys is gonna eat. I would lean towards Perriman, simply because of the experience he brings. Yes, Godwin will get his, and Justin Watson stepped in last week after Evans went down, to the tune of 5/59/1, but it was his first meaningful action all year, and  Perriman snagged 3/70/1 himself....after 87 yards the previous week....with a healthy Evans still on the field, no less. He gets a + matchup too, with the Lions giving up the 10th most FF points to WR's.

Zach Pascal - Colts

I saved my personal favorite for last. Yes, Pascal is a returning former contributor to our weekly scoop-and-play thread, but after some up and down weeks is still only 35% owned in Yahoo leagues and (gulp) 6% owned in NFL.com leagues. Besides Hilton being unlikely again this week and Chester Rogers/Ebron long gone, they also lost Paris Cambell to IR his first week back. However, Pascal stepped up with 5/74/1 after a 7/109/0 showing the previous week. I personally lost both Chark and Ashlon last week in one league and Chark in two others, but am advancing in all 3 and looking for options. I have considered all of the candidates already mentioned this week, along with several others, and have decided to roll with Pascal in all of them, along with  Westbrook in the other league in which I lost both WR's. My final decision was based on all of the factors described above, combined with the fact that Pascal gets the Saints on Monday night, who are giving up the 4th most points to WR's this year.....and I love to have a bullet left to fire on Monday night. Predicton: 6/83/1

Deep Dive: Isaiah Ford - Dolphins

We have already discussed the injury woes to Dolphin receiving options, along with Hit Man Hurns being a potentially worthy scoop-and-play consideration in week 15 against the Giants. However, for those of you who REALLY like to gamble.....meet Mr. Ford. A 7th rounder in 2017, he has bounced around on and off the practice squad, but after having only 2 catches for 9 yards on the entire year, was mustered into duty last week, and responded with 6 catches on 9 targets for 92 yards.....leading the team in all three categories. Of course, Fitzmagic would throw the ball to an invalid if he thought he might make a play or to prevent a sack....but after the game, Fitzmagic was talking him up too: “He’s a guy we have so much faith in as quarterbacks because whenever anybody has a question, sometimes when coaches have questions, we’ll go back to Isaiah and say, ‘What is this signal? What is this route?’ and he knows everything.” Fitzpatrick said. Prediction: 5/62/1

Best of luck to all of you in your lineup decisions this week...

• Thanks 1

Waited all day for this tread. 

My first pick would have been Perriman, whom I’m trying to pick up with Ridley being out now, or it sounds like he well be. 

Im going to pass on him since who’ve picked him. 

Eagles wr Arcega-Whiteside, darn hope I spelled his name right.  

Hes my pick. 

Pascal seems the safest play of this group but definitely some playable wild cards here.

Amendola Hurns and Ford are all guys potentially playing for next years contract

My one concern about Pascal is NO D getting torched at home by SF for 48. They should be a little hungry next week

6 minutes ago, DrG said:

Amendola Hurns and Ford are all guys potentially playing for next years contract

Great point. A little added motivation never hurt anyone.

5 minutes ago, DrG said:

My one concern about Pascal is NO D getting torched at home by SF for 48. They should be a little hungry next week

This crossed my mind, as well. Pascal is risky, having already shown a near-zero floor. Certainly not throwing him out there with great confidence. However, Brissett is a capable QB with very few options remaining.....and Pascal has rewarded his trust for 2 weeks straight. Hopefully, he will use the big stage on Monday night to officially introduce himself to the world.....

Im hard on hurns and paschal... looking to bench obj for one of these guys... my heart says hurns as he was a constant target after Parker went down

How would you guys compare any of these dudes to Christian Kirk? If Chark and Thielen both sit, I have a WR hole to fill. Currently have Kirk, but Hurns, Amendola, Perriman and Watson are all available. As of right now, I think I still prefer Kirk for his floor. If Brown or any of the Jags' WR were available, I'd probably go with them.

4 hours ago, rallo said:

Im hard on hurns and paschal... looking to bench obj for one of these guys... my heart says hurns as he was a constant target after Parker went down

Just don’t like the matchup for the  Colts for some reason.  

Hurns i would pick, but first check on Parker’s progress 

3 hours ago, zftcg said:

How would you guys compare any of these dudes to Christian Kirk? If Chark and Thielen both sit, I have a WR hole to fill. Currently have Kirk, but Hurns, Amendola, Perriman and Watson are all available. As of right now, I think I still prefer Kirk for his floor. If Brown or any of the Jags' WR were available, I'd probably go with them.

I would go with Kirk. 

I can see the Saints blowing the Colts out of the water on mon night. That would mean a ton garbage time points for Doyle n Pascal

Hurns, it seems like his kind of game. Dude is the master of garbage time but I could not do it. I think Parker returns. He was back on the field today non contact which is a good sign. 

Kirk is probably ok. Browns have been giving up good chunks of air yards as of late against inferior teams.

I lost both Evans and Parker to injury. I can IR both if they both don't play and can get there backups (Perriman & Hurns). Also on the waiver wire is AJ Brown, who I can possibly pickup. I only have 2 transactions left on the season and may need to pick up a QB, either Tannehill or Fitzpatrick if Winston can't play... With all that said, if Parker plays this week, he's in my lineup.

15 minutes ago, yupper said:

I lost both Evans and Parker to injury. I can IR both if they both don't play and can get there backups (Perriman & Hurns). Also on the waiver wire is AJ Brown, who I can possibly pickup. I only have 2 transactions left on the season and may need to pick up a QB, either Tannehill or Fitzpatrick if Winston can't play... With all that said, if Parker plays this week, he's in my lineup.

Winston is almost certainly going to play. I would absolutely burn one of those remaining picks on Brown.

not sure of his availability in other leagues, but i picked up anthony miller and plan on playing him as ppr wr-3.  he's had really good target numbers (11,9,13) 3 out of the last 4 weeks and this past week when he didn't made up for it with a touch.  will be cold as hell but i could see his floor as something like 5-55 or something.

Think Miller is a very good move, and if he’s still available I would get him for depth also m

I don’t know who the Phins backup TE is but you’d think they’d be running a lot of 2 TE sets which in theory means more targets for Gesecki. Someone else posted about Kupp playing limited snaps last week when Higbee had a big game.

Also, add Watson from TB to this list. I think he sees more targets than Perriman, and could be a sneaky start if Winston plays.

I'm personally between Watson, Hurns, and Doyle in my W/T slot as the WW is incredibly thin.

1 hour ago, rallo said:

Also, add Watson from TB to this list. I think he sees more targets than Perriman, and could be a sneaky start if Winston plays.

I'm personally between Watson, Hurns, and Doyle in my W/T slot as the WW is incredibly thin.

Keep an eye on injury reports for both Parker and Hurns. If DP plays, it hurts Hurns' value. And it's possible Hurns himself may sit.

Of those three, I think Doyle probably has the safest workload, particularly if Hilton is still out. And best chance at a TD. But if Hurns ends up being the only game in town for Miami against that NYG D, that might be a good play, too.

Picked up AJ Brown in one league.  He's got that high reward ceiling against HOU.   Surprised he's still there will all the WR injuries.   Also picked up Perriman in a more crowded league.  I like his chances better than Watson's.  He's the clear #2 now.  Godwin will draw the primary coverage this week (Slay).   Doyle was a huge dissappointment in a plus match-up last week, wtf.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:40 PM, timozbuck said:

Agholar (if he’s active) could have a big game with the Eagles down to basically nothing at WR.

This is someone I have flagged as an emergency plug and play on Sunday morning if Kirk (limited with an ankle in practice) is a surprise no go. I absolutely hate the idea of starting someone with hands of stone like Agholor in the playoffs but the Eagles have nothing left at WR and in two games earlier this year when Jeffery and Desean Jackson were out, Agholor saw double digit targets and performed in both games. I could see him possibly getting double digit targets again in a plus matchup if he's cleared and that type of volume would be hard to ignore. 

On 12/10/2019 at 7:50 PM, stonewall said:

Danny Amendola - Lions

With Mahven Jones and Hock out, this leaves Amendola in a very good position in week 15. After Golladay, there isn't much left besides Chris Lacy, and Blough has proven to be capable of delivering the rock. In fact, he has peppered Amendola with 16 targets the last 2 weeks. Adding to the upside of Amendola is the fact that the Lions face the worst defense in the league at home.....the vaunted Bucs secondary, giving up, by far,  the most points to fantasy WR's.

The more I look at it, the more I am warming up to Dola as a playoff flyer. 

Can't run on Bucs defense, but they bleed points to WR's......giving up TD's in bunches.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, yupper said:

If AJ is somehow still available, you should grab him asap,,, and then plug him right in. He is going up against Houstons secondary, and the guy is the most physical  player on the Titans roster.  Well he is right there shoulder to shoulder with Henry, and that offense is feeding now with Tannahill a in charge. Defenses have to dedicate vs the run, and Brown has declared himself as a tank at WR.

AJ Brown is that WW acquisition every year that wins you a league championship.

6 hours ago, typhus said:

If AJ is somehow still available, you should grab him asap,,, and then plug him right in. He is going up against Houstons secondary, and the guy is the most physical  player on the Titans roster.  Well he is right there shoulder to shoulder with Henry, and that offense is feeding now with Tannahill a in charge. Defenses have to dedicate vs the run, and Brown has declared himself as a tank at WR.

AJ Brown is that WW acquisition every year that wins you a league championship.

Unfortunately, my opponent this week had a higher waiver priority than me and he he got AJ Brown. I was able to pick up Tannehill though in case Winston doesn't play. I think I'm gonna stay with Winston. I feel h has more upside and with the bonuses in my league for yardage he's probably my best bet.

Grabbed Amendola

i have Robinson Adams and Edelman so he’s insurance only at this point as a low floor high ceiling play. He could catch two passes or ten.

I’m rolling with Amendola. At the very least he’s already been getting lots of targets from Blough even when M. Jones was playing and there’s good potential for garbage time production vs TB. 

52 minutes ago, DrG said:

Grabbed Amendola

i have Robinson Adams and Edelman so he’s insurance only at this point as a low floor high ceiling play. He could catch two passes or ten.

21 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I’m rolling with Amendola. At the very least he’s already been getting lots of targets from Blough even when M. Jones was playing and there’s good potential for garbage time production vs TB. 

It's dicey, for sure....but with the news that TY may play Monday Night, I guess I'm gonna be fading Pascal for Dola in 2 playoff games to replace Chark. 

Just hoping, really...but all perceivable parameters point towards a serviceable game from him, with the chance for a dandy. Bucs secondary simply could not provide a more favorable matchup. Additionally, with the Lions missing 2 starting offensive linemen for the game, Blough will have to get rid of it quickly, which should definitely favor Dola underneath.

Best of luck to all....

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

the Eagles have nothing left at WR and in two games earlier this year when Jeffery and Desean Jackson were out, Agholor saw double digit targets and performed in both games. I could see him possibly getting double digit targets again in a plus matchup

Agholor officially out.

Whiteside or Ward will get decent #'s....but good luck guessing which.

Pascal just gets harder and harder for me to resist starting. TY Hilton was a DNP Saturday, and now a GTD. He wants to play, but looking iffy at best. Not even convinced that he would badly hurt Pascal even if he does give it a shot.

However, news from the Saints secondary is what has grabbed my attention.....injuries have them highly compromised. CB's Robinson and Bademosi as well as Safety Von Bell are officially OUT.

So, with the Saints secondary so banged up.....and IF Hilton doesn't play......Marcus Johnson could also be a very sneaky play. He would be their long man, and has the speed to take the top off.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:04 PM, weepaws said:

Waited all day for this tread. 

My first pick would have been Perriman, whom I’m trying to pick up with Ridley being out now, or it sounds like he well be. 

Im going to pass on him since who’ve picked him. 

Eagles wr Arcega-Whiteside, darn hope I spelled his name right.  

Hes my pick. 

Him

On 12/12/2019 at 8:01 AM, rallo said:

Haha, pay no attention to me... i couldn't manage myself out of a paper bag this year.

54 minutes ago, loonecho said:

Great call on Perriman. Scooped him, played him and cruising to an easy victory. Thanks!

Very pleased with Amendola also. Had him going in two playoff games. Sure, a TD woulda been nice, but 100+ yards from aguy that's been averaging about 25 yards for weeks......heck yeah.

• Like 1

Great call on Perriman, Stonewall.  

He should be the #1 WR waiver wire pick with Godwin's hammy injury.    

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 6:50 PM, stonewall said:

Congratulations to all of you who are still reading.....likely means you have advanced to the playoffs. I hadn't intended to continue the thread into the playoffs, but some unique WR opportunities this week, combined with very untimely injuries to several marque players (Ridley, Evans, Chark, Alshon, etc), convinced me to throw out a few more.

(Caveat - I often don't know what I'm talking about)

AJ Brown - Titans.

Obvious choice, but widely owned.

Westbrook/Conley - Jags.

With Chark looking very doubtful, one could do much worse than one of these guys. Of the two, I would recommend Westbrook, if available. He has the pedigree (2016 Biletnikoff winner and Heisman Candidate), 24 targets in the last three games, and the high ceiling we look for. Jags draw the Raiders this week, giving up the 7th most FF points to WR's. Somebody has to catch the ball, right? Westbrook could be huge.

Allen "Hit Man" Hurns - Dolphins

After a tolerable showing last week, Hurns once again finds himself in the Scoop-and-Play thread. He now has 19 targets in the last 3 games, and with Williams and Grant already on IR, as well as Parker and Wilson now iffy with concussions,  that leaves the Hit Man as Fitzmagic's WR1. We all know what Hurns is capable of, and the Giants are a great draw, giving up the 5th most points to WR's.

Danny Amendola - Lions

Perriman/Watson - Bucs

With Evans on the shelf, Scotty Miller with a bad hammy, and Winston on a bizarre passing yardage pace, one of these two guys is gonna eat. I would lean towards Perriman, simply because of the experience he brings. Yes, Godwin will get his, and Justin Watson stepped in last week after Evans went down, to the tune of 5/59/1, but it was his first meaningful action all year, and  Perriman snagged 3/70/1 himself....after 87 yards the previous week....with a healthy Evans still on the field, no less. He gets a + matchup too, with the Lions giving up the 10th most FF points to WR's.

Zach Pascal - Colts

I saved my personal favorite for last. Yes, Pascal is a returning former contributor to our weekly scoop-and-play thread, but after some up and down weeks is still only 35% owned in Yahoo leagues and (gulp) 6% owned in NFL.com leagues. Besides Hilton being unlikely again this week and Chester Rogers/Ebron long gone, they also lost Paris Cambell to IR his first week back. However, Pascal stepped up with 5/74/1 after a 7/109/0 showing the previous week. I personally lost both Chark and Ashlon last week in one league and Chark in two others, but am advancing in all 3 and looking for options. I have considered all of the candidates already mentioned this week, along with several others, and have decided to roll with Pascal in all of them, along with  Westbrook in the other league in which I lost both WR's. My final decision was based on all of the factors described above, combined with the fact that Pascal gets the Saints on Monday night, who are giving up the 4th most points to WR's this year.....and I love to have a bullet left to fire on Monday night. Predicton: 6/83/1

Deep Dive: Isaiah Ford - Dolphins

We have already discussed the injury woes to Dolphin receiving options, along with Hit Man Hurns being a potentially worthy scoop-and-play consideration in week 15 against the Giants. However, for those of you who REALLY like to gamble.....meet Mr. Ford. A 7th rounder in 2017, he has bounced around on and off the practice squad, but after having only 2 catches for 9 yards on the entire year, was mustered into duty last week, and responded with 6 catches on 9 targets for 92 yards.....leading the team in all three categories. Of course, Fitzmagic would throw the ball to an invalid if he thought he might make a play or to prevent a sack....but after the game, Fitzmagic was talking him up too: “He’s a guy we have so much faith in as quarterbacks because whenever anybody has a question, sometimes when coaches have questions, we’ll go back to Isaiah and say, ‘What is this signal? What is this route?’ and he knows everything.” Fitzpatrick said. Prediction: 5/62/1

Best of luck to all of you in your lineup decisions this week...

resuts: 

AJ Brown v Houston:  8 catches 114 yards 1 TD

Conley vs Oak:  4 catches 49 yards 2 TD

Westbrook v oak:  2 catches 14 yards

Hurns vs NYG:  1 catch 9 yards

Amendola v TB:  8 catches 102 yards

Perriman v Det: 5 catches 113 yards 3 TD

Watson v det: 2 catches 17 yds

Pascal vs NO: 4 catches 44 yards

hits on AJ brown, Conley, Amendola, and Perriman.  

Pascal is neutral at 44 yards.

Misses are westbrook, Hurns, and watson.

If you were picking from the waiver wire, you certainly could have done worse than a mix of these guys. 

Nice work

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

hits on AJ brown, Conley, Amendola, and Perriman.  

Pascal is neutral at 44 yards.

Misses are westbrook, Hurns, and watson.

If you were picking from the waiver wire, you certainly could have done worse than a mix of these guys. 

Nice work

Thanks, Ray.

Not that matters now,  but because of the presence of Conley/Cole,  I actually decided to fade Westbrook....along with the anemic Jag offense. Also, my Hurns recommendation was on the assumption that Parker would miss the game. I also assumed that TY Hilton would miss the game with the Pascal pick, although I still considered him a good option even if he played.....which he obviously did.

I ended up starting Amendola in 2 leagues and Pascal in one league. Unfortunately, Perriman was gone in the one league that I needed  him in. Won 2 of 3, and was never even in the 3rd one after getting blasted by a Barkley/Drake combo.

Will try to run one more edition of this thread, which I will post either this evening or tomorrow.

• Like 1