Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Wednesday non-political thread - Lessons learned the hard way

In fourth grade that one kid that everyone picked on and bullied was this overweight(not really fat, just chubby) girl named Angela.   She was awkward, uncoordinated, not the brightest crayon in the box and she got picked on by everyone.  Apparently this got so bad(even by 1980's standards) that one day before gym class the principal, guidance counselor and gym teacher gathered the entire class for a meeting about bulling and specifically being mean to Angela.   

Immediately afterwards, we gathered to play kickball on the basketball court(played lengthwise), the teacher chose Angela to be one captain and me the other.   Teams were chosen, our team was to kick first and Angela's to field.   Angela did what most of the uncoordinated did and positioned herself as close to wall as possible(out of the general line of fire) while the more athletic would man the middle of they court.  As captain, I was the first to kick.   The gym teacher rolled the red rubber ball towards me, bouncing and drifting a little right.  I adjusted my run-up to compensate, cocked my leg, let loose, and hit the ball dead center.   The ball left my foot like a rocket, a rocket with a GPS system programmed to find Angela.   She never had a chance, it connected squarely with her face, she lost all control of her limbs as they each shot out in separate directions.   Gravity brought her down quicker than the ball, which ricocheted across the gym.   Me, I did what everyone in that situation would do---I ran to the third base during the confusion.   

That's when I started hearing her wails---like a deer that had been shot, but wasn't going to die for hours.   The girls in our class were screaming at me for hitting her on purpose, like I the Pele of kickball.   Even the most hardcore guys in our class looked at me with an expression that said 'dude, not cool'.   The gym teacher yelled at me "Go to the principal's office".   I protested, because I was safe on third, but that didn't fly at all.   So I went to the principals office and told them the gym teacher told me to go there and as I sat, waiting for my sentence,  the gym teacher and another student brought in the still wailing Angela for medical treatment(ice pack to her very very red face).   

Despite my honest protests that I did not intentionally kick an off-center bouncing kickball at her(and given my track record of physical incompetence this should have been obvious) , I was given 5 detentions---our schools harshest punishment.   This was the same punishment that kids who brought cigarettes to school got!  I was a certified school delinquent.   For the next few days I was the pariah of the fourth girl, the boy who bullied fat girls, while Angela was treated like a queen, saint and martyr rolled into one.      

This is how I learned that optics and perception will always trump facts and reality.   

Please share any fun/hard life lessons you have learned

Wow...  What a story...  I wonder if kickball is outlawed now like dodgeball and such?

So is she hot now?  That seems how karma works in these stories...

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did she end up being hot or not ? Come on man 

27 minutes ago, posty said:

Wow...  What a story...  I wonder if kickball is outlawed now like dodgeball and such?

So is she hot now?  That seems how karma works in these stories...

In another Wednesday thread, I posted how my senior gym class got dodgeball outlawed at our school...also another funny story.

She became hot for a time up until she got married the first time---now a couple of divorces later, pictures from last year HS reunion show that a lifetime of the average Wisconsin diet has not been kind to her.

Long winded way of saying kids are pusssies these days. 

3 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

One time at band camp.............

was it too big for you? :o

See, in the old days, things worked out fine for kids who were bullied.  Even the fat chicks in Wisconsin got married.  No big deal.  No suicide.

If it were today, Angela would have walked into school with an AR-15 and shot up the entire gym class. 👎

Due to my short attention span sometimes when a story is really long my mind begins to wander and I start to make up things that may or may not be in the actual story so forgive me if I'm mistaken here but you actually had sex with a penguin on Santa's sleigh?

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

No, he stuck his flute in his poosay.  :lol:

:lol:

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

In fourth grade that one kid that everyone picked on and bullied was this overweight(not really fat, just chubby) girl named Angela.   She was awkward, uncoordinated, not the brightest crayon in the box and she got picked on by everyone.  Apparently this got so bad(even by 1980's standards) that one day before gym class the principal, guidance counselor and gym teacher gathered the entire class for a meeting about bulling and specifically being mean to Angela.   

Immediately afterwards, we gathered to play kickball on the basketball court(played lengthwise), the teacher chose Angela to be one captain and me the other.   Teams were chosen, our team was to kick first and Angela's to field.   Angela did what most of the uncoordinated did and positioned herself as close to wall as possible(out of the general line of fire) while the more athletic would man the middle of they court.  As captain, I was the first to kick.   The gym teacher rolled the red rubber ball towards me, bouncing and drifting a little right.  I adjusted my run-up to compensate, cocked my leg, let loose, and hit the ball dead center.   The ball left my foot like a rocket, a rocket with a GPS system programmed to find Angela.   She never had a chance, it connected squarely with her face, she lost all control of her limbs as they each shot out in separate directions.   Gravity brought her down quicker than the ball, which ricocheted across the gym.   Me, I did what everyone in that situation would do---I ran to the third base during the confusion.   

That's when I started hearing her wails---like a deer that had been shot, but wasn't going to die for hours.   The girls in our class were screaming at me for hitting her on purpose, like I the Pele of kickball.   Even the most hardcore guys in our class looked at me with an expression that said 'dude, not cool'.   The gym teacher yelled at me "Go to the principal's office".   I protested, because I was safe on third, but that didn't fly at all.   So I went to the principals office and told them the gym teacher told me to go there and as I sat, waiting for my sentence,  the gym teacher and another student brought in the still wailing Angela for medical treatment(ice pack to her very very red face).   

Despite my honest protests that I did not intentionally kick an off-center bouncing kickball at her(and given my track record of physical incompetence this should have been obvious) , I was given 5 detentions---our schools harshest punishment.   This was the same punishment that kids who brought cigarettes to school got!  I was a certified school delinquent.   For the next few days I was the pariah of the fourth girl, the boy who bullied fat girls, while Angela was treated like a queen, saint and martyr rolled into one.      

This is how I learned that optics and perception will always trump facts and reality.   

Please share any fun/hard life lessons you have learned

Man you're focked if you ever decide to run for office! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Thoughts and Prayers.  That is one f'd up life you have if this is truly the case.