Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

President's Cup

46 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Tiger sittin their best player today

Mickelson?

That was a huge tie by Fowler/Woodland to close out Day 2's play.

The US is not out of it by any means - if they can even stay around 2 or 3 down - they will have a shot heading into singles.

Ugh, disappointing Tiger isn't playing today.   As a fan you want to watch, but thinking about it, it makes sense.  He's 44 years old, has a back injury and its a long cold day out there.  I get the sense he made the decision to be Captain and Captain only today with the two sessions., no time to warm up, etc.   I mean, this team has freaking DJ, JT,  Kooch, Finau, Woodland, Rickie, Xander, Cantaly, on and on.  Boys just need play their games and make putts.

I’m seeing on Twitter that Patrick Reed’s caddie punched a fan in the face.

This may be getting pretty godaamn interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

I’m seeing on Twitter that Patrick Reed’s caddie punched a fan in the face.

This may be getting pretty godaamn interesting. 

His caddie is the brother of his batsh!t crazy wife.  They should all be up in the nuthouse in Togus.

Story time.  I have met Patrick Reed's wife.   I was at a golf tournament and standing on the ropes and realized Reed's wife was standing next to me.  We had several conversations and to make a long story short she was cool as hell, not pretentious like you would think a PGA Tour wife would be.  So, while Patrick Reed has his faults and while I *want* to dislike him, in person and meeting his wife they are actually kinda cool.  

My buddy with me even asked her if Patrick has lost weight; that's how light the conversation was going.  She laughed and said, "Yes, a little bit".  Meaning she wasn't a biitch, very down to earth.  And to be honest he isn't all that fat in person, TV really does add 15 pounds. Dude looked normal as hell.

Anyway, carry on......still not a fan, but now just "meh".

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Story time.  I have met Patrick Reed's wife.   I was at a golf tournament and standing on the ropes and realized Reed's wife was standing next to me.  We had several conversations and to make a long story short she was cool as hell, not pretentious like you would think a PGA Tour wife would be.  So, while Patrick Reed has his faults and while I *want* to dislike him, in person and meeting his wife they are actually kinda cool.  

My buddy with me even asked her if Patrick has lost weight; that's how light the conversation was going.  She laughed and said, "Yes, a little bit".  Meaning she wasn't a biitch, very down to earth.  And to be honest he isn't all that fat in person, TV really does add 15 pounds. Dude looked normal as hell.

Anyway, carry on......still not a fan, but now just "meh".

Hotness?  All the pics of her make her look like the north end of a south bound mule.  Im guessing she prob had hat and shades on.

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Hotness?  All the pics of her make her look like the north end of a south bound mule.  Im guessing she prob had hat and shades on.

Average, she wasn't super hot by any means but yeah, wood.  No hat, just big ass sunglasses.  Honestly just a average blonde, 6/10.  But my point is she was way cooler than expected. 

So while I want to hate on Reed, I just can't get there.  I'm agnostic. 

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Average, she wasn't super hot by any means but yeah, wood.  No hat, just big ass sunglasses.  Honestly just a average blonde, 6/10.  But my point is she was way cooler than expected. 

So while I want to hate on Reed, I just can't get there.  I'm agnostic. 

Sometimes the crazy has to wear on you a bit.

Only 2 back heading into singles, which should favor the Americans. Rickie and JT losing a half point after being 5-up won point though. Gahhh

2 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Only 2 back heading into singles, which should favor the Americans. Rickie and JT losing a half point after being 5-up won point though. Gahhh

Only 2 pts back, but in reality - that margin is really bigger.

The US needs 7.5 of the 12 to win - Els just 5.5..... doable, but uphill for sure.

Not sure I understand Tiger's strategy. We're solidly down, he's back loading his lineup? Normally you want to send out your big guns early - build momentum.... Finau, Reed 2 &3..... Xander, Cantlay and JT in the middle/rear? 

17 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Only 2 pts back, but in reality - that margin is really bigger.

The US needs 7.5 of the 12 to win - Els just 5.5..... doable, but uphill for sure.

Not sure I understand Tiger's strategy. We're solidly down, he's back loading his lineup? Normally you want to send out your big guns early - build momentum.... Finau, Reed 2 &3..... Xander, Cantlay and JT in the middle/rear? 

Yeah.  Dont like it either.  I like him leading off, but we might see the final guys winning matches that dont matter

24 minutes ago, drobeski said:

What a great job as both captain and player by tiger. Let's go, do it for the cap! 

GOAT!

The Peoples Champ.

• Like 1

Also Also, my small kids have this game before bed.  Dad, which super hero power would you pick first?   Lil KSB says.....Hulk Smash.   Lil bit older KSB says....just give me Thors hammer.   Dad, what do you pick?  "Boys, I want Rickie Fowlers putting stroke."

So, Tiger knew what he was doing after all..

Epic television also, Golf Channel had to love that.

55 minutes ago, Reality said:

So, Tiger knew what he was doing after all..

Epic television also, Golf Channel had to love that.

Yes.  Cool to see him have so much emotion tied up in it. Its almost like, as you get older, you realize experiences and who you share them with make you wealthy.

Phenomenal final day - the US overcame a sluggish start, and Cheata Reed's cloud of distraction. Was also an incredible  egg laying by the Intl's in Singles.

Tiger was a force in play... And he deserves props for his Day 3 management. Don't think it's any coincidence the US made their move the same day Tiger was following his team, all day, as a Captain.

Shame Royal Melbourne can't host a major - what a course.

Those choking dogs cost me $255 :mad: