Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Kids wants a drone.

Don't know shat about them.  My boys are 13 and 15.  What should i look for,  how much should i spend?  It would  be their first one.  Help me out boys.

2 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Don't know shat about them.  My boys are 13 and 15.  What should i look for,  how much should i spend?  It would  be their first one.  Help me out boys.

Screw the drone...they are fun for 5 minutes then they sit.  Get them a starter model rocketry kit...then they can build up to the rocket with the camera and take way cooler pictured.  Rockets Rule!!   Seriously tho...model rocketry is a great hobby for boys..and their dads...go out and shoot em....build em...paint em..launch em...its so much learning and fun.

https://www.target.com/p/rocket-science-starter-set/-/A-52187256?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Toys_Priority%2BShopping_Local&adgroup=Toys_Priority+TCINs&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9015207&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=CjwKCAiA58fvBRAzEiwAQW-hzQ2mCqwQWJc1rJYnADxhUSgfBtElnzo4nuzOSKiBb2HfL4mDngSpCBoCO2MQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

Looking up all the rocketry stuff got my juices flowing...i always wanted to launch a huge one like a big bertha...36 inch rocket with D engines...i may have to in my old age.  I think I still have the photos from my camera rocket from 35 yrs ago

he is wants to drone, he should talk to his idiot father.

On 12/12/2019 at 6:46 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

Looking up all the rocketry stuff got my juices flowing...i always wanted to launch a huge one like a big bertha...36 inch rocket with D engines...i may have to in my old age.  I think I still have the photos from my camera rocket from 35 yrs ago

I launched a big one on your mom last night!

On 12/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, NorthernVike said:

Don't spend the money on the high end drone. Spend the money on a high end camera to put on the drone. They are just going to use it to look in the neighborhood girls' rooms anyhow. It can be fun for the whole family. 

38 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I saw that this morning as well. I am considering the Air or the Pro. 

I keep hearing things about changes in the FAA regulations and there could be rules in the near future that will make flying drones more difficult. I think it would be cool to get pictures/video at my brother's lake house or along the river canyons where we hunt. 

I think I'm close enough to my parents house, I could probably fly care packages to them. Or at least buzz my Dad while he mows the lawn.

I barely use mine. Mostly use it to fock with people. Like cars parked late at night at the school or I'll drop it right in front of where a cop likes to hang out to catch speeders. 

It's fun for about 15 minutes....wears off.