Sign in to follow this  
zftcg

2020: Year of ____?

For the year 2020, the main zodiac element is metal, and the animal sign is Rat, and hence, 2020 will be the Year of the Metal Rat. The Chinese year will last from January 25, 2020 to February 11, 2021

2 hours ago, Ironmen said:

For the year 2020, the main zodiac element is metal, and the animal sign is Rat, and hence, 2020 will be the Year of the Metal Rat. The Chinese year will last from January 25, 2020 to February 11, 2021

2020 may be the year of the Rat, but I'll probably still be writing "Pig" on my checks until June.

2 hours ago, Ironmen said:

Don't tell that to Al Stewart

10 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Don't tell that to Al Stewart

Big Al will get over it as Time Passages.

2020 Year of IR

I can't remember a season...heck over several seasons...where so many skill players were placed on Injured Reserved.

Unreal.

18 hours ago, Ironmen said:

Big Al will get over it as Time Passages.

You might be right. But not if he's On The Border

15 hours ago, nobody said:

5G

Thu, May 16th 2019 6:23am — Karl Bode
Buried underneath the blistering hype surrounding fifth-generation (5G) wireless is a quiet but growing consensus: the technology is being over-hyped, and early incarnations were rushed to market in a way that prioritized marketing over substance. That's not to say that 5G won't be a good thing when it arrives at scale several years from now, but early offerings have been almost comical in their shortcomings. AT&T has repeatedly lied about 5G availability by pretending its 4G network is 5G. Verizon has repeatedly hyped early non-standard launches that, when reviewers actually got to take a look, were found to be barely available.

If you looked past press releases you'd notice that Verizon's early launches required the use of $200 battery add on mod because we still haven't really figured out the battery drain issues presented by 5G's power demands. You'd also notice the growing awareness that the long-hyped millimeter wave spectrum being used for many deployments have notable distance and line of sight issues, meaning that rural and much of suburban America will not likely see the speeds you'll frequently see bandied about in marketing issues, and many of the same coverage gap issues you see with current-gen broadband are likely to persist.

6 hours ago, JagFan said:

Kyler Murray

Definitely a possibility, but I feel like it's such an obvious paint-by-numbers move to think, "Mahomes and Jackson are athletic QBs who broke out in their second year, so the next candidate to do that must be Murray." Which means that every jamoke in your draft next year will be targeting him, and it will be impossible to get him at anything approximating value.

How about this variation? In 2018, the second-year QB everyone targeted early was Watson, but the real winner turned out to be Mahomes. In 2019, it was Baker/Jackson. So in 2020, it will be Murray/______ 

Drew Lock? Daniel Jones? Haskins? I don't see it with any of those guys, but who knows?

On 12/13/2019 at 3:53 PM, TheUsualSuspect said:

Honorable Mention: Cam Newton

I had a similar thought. Here's my logic: Tepper has been very clear that he wants an analytically minded coach. One of the organizations most committed to analytics, Baltimore, also happens to have one of the hottest coaching candidates in OC Greg Roman. And Roman's calling card throughout his career has been taking mobile QBs to the next level (Kaep, Tyrod and now Jackson). Plus, from a fantasy perspective, the uncertainty around Cam's foot could keep his ADP from rising too high. The obvious parallel would be Luck 2018. Former stud QB coming off a year lost to injury with a newly hired offensive-minded HC.

I'm always wary of getting sucked into pat narratives, but this is definitely one I"ll keep an eye on, depending on who the Panthers hire and (obviously) Cam's recovery. A healthy Cam has almost always been a locked-and-loaded Top 5 QB.

• Like 1

Eno Benjamin. Comes on like Barkley and destroys everything in his way. 

6 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Eno Benjamin. Comes on like Barkley and destroys everything in his way. 

Gonna be an incredible class. I got 10 RB's that i think can be starters.

36 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Gonna be an incredible class. I got 10 RB's that i think can be starters.

It's a deep class .

8 hours ago, zftcg said:

Definitely a possibility, but I feel like it's such an obvious paint-by-numbers move to think, "Mahomes and Jackson are athletic QBs who broke out in their second year, so the next candidate to do that must be Murray." Which means that every jamoke in your draft next year will be targeting him, and it will be impossible to get him at anything approximating value.

How about this variation? In 2018, the second-year QB everyone targeted early was Watson, but the real winner turned out to be Mahomes. In 2019, it was Baker/Jackson. So in 2020, it will be Murray/______ 

Drew Lock? Daniel Jones? Haskins? I don't see it with any of those guys, but who knows?

2019 it was Baker/Jackson? What planet have you been on? What about Russell Wilson? At least his team is gonna make the playoffs, c'mon man.

6 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

2019 it was Baker/Jackson? What planet have you been on? What about Russell Wilson? At least his team is gonna make the playoffs, c'mon man.

I meant that Baker was the 2nd year QB who was overdrafted, and Jackson turned out to be the one with the most value. Similar to Watson/Mahomes last year (though Watson ‘18 >>> Baker ’19)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zftcg said:

I meant that Baker was the 2nd year QB who was overdrafted, and Jackson turned out to be the one with the most value. Similar to Watson/Mahomes last year (though Watson ‘18 >>> Baker ’19)

Okay sorry, gotcha!