BiffTannen

****Final Countdown: The 100 GREATEST HAIR SONGS OF ALL TIME: ACCORDING TO ME****

3 hours ago, posty said:

It might have been bubblegum trash, but this song was sure a panty dropper...

Who helped you pick them back up?

I was able to go see these guys back in August for the first time. I love being able to say that I was ROCKIN' with.... 

84. Dokken - Just Got Lucky

• Like 1

These guys are one of the greatest bands of the HAIR era, but it seems like they don't get the credit they deserve. They can rock it out or help you through some heartache with a classic power ballad. 

83. Cinderella - Somebody Save Me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

There are a few exceptions, but on the whole, this is some of the worst music ever made.  

Just made your way on to my shitlist. 

:mad:

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

There are a few exceptions, but on the whole, this is some of the worst music ever made.  

FU

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Absolutely agree. Not to mention none of them are even in the musical 'Hair'.

Is this bizarro land?

Sebastian Bach is a awesome. 

82. Skid Row - Monkey Business 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

Sebastian Bach is a awesome. 

82. Skid Row - Monkey Business 

If you look up my posting history you would know that Bach is one of my favorites of all time. :wub:
Also, how the fock can I reply to this without having the video imbedded? :wall:

Also, best thread here in since forever. 
Keep them coming, Biff :headbanger:

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 12:20 AM, posty said:

It might have been bubblegum trash, but this song was sure a panty dropper...

Yep, and a strip club staple to this day. For that alone it should be higher. 

This one may not drop the panties like PSSOM, but I've been to a half dozen Def Leppard concerts in my time and this definitely gets the tittties out in full force. 

81. Def Leppard - Animal

The next band making their debut on the best countdown in the history of numbers is one of my all time favorites. For whatever reason they do not get the attention or credit they deserve and it irritates me because they KIX assss. 

80. KIX - Blow My Fuse

This might be the most underrated band to ever bless the world with their melodies. 

You may think you are cool, but rest assured you will never,  ever be as cool as Blackie Lawless

79. W.A.S.P. - Blind In Texas

• Like 1

This band doesn't get near enough credit for how badass they are. If there was a Mt Rushmore of awesome these guys could very well be the headliner. I saw them open up for Warrant back in 2015 and it should have been the other way around. Warrant should be opening up for these guys.....

78. L.A. Guns - Electric Gypsy

This video is one of the best music videos ever. Great special effects, production quality, etc. 

77. Motley Crue - Looks That Kill

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Seriously 100? You didn’t think 10 was enough?

Honestly, I don't think 100 is enough. My original plan was 500, but I have the attention span of a 5 year old. 

1 minute ago, BiffTannen said:

Honestly, I don't think 100 is enough. My original plan was 500, but I have the attention span of a 5 year old. 

I’m going to be very impressed if you make it all the way from 100-1.

Loving this thread, Biff.  I largely don't care for Hair bands bit it's a fun look back at my youth. :cheers:

Music is always subjective and often difficult to assign a label, but I must protest Scorpions being considered a "Hair" band.  I suppose "80s/90s mainstream hard rock" is a more appropriate title? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DonS said:

Loving this thread, Biff.  I largely don't care for Hair bands bit it's a fun look back at my youth. :cheers:

Music is always subjective and often difficult to assign a label, but I must protest Scorpions being considered a "Hair" band.  I suppose "80s/90s mainstream hard rock" is a more appropriate title? 

There are a few bands you can make this argument for and I struggle to make the call in them. 

tesla 

queensryche

aerosmith 

even Guns N Roses 

I include the scorpions because they are included in many of the hair compilations over the years and frequently played on channel 39 - Hair Nation 

2 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

There are a few bands you can make this argument for and I struggle to make the call in them. 

tesla 

queensryche

aerosmith 

even Guns N Roses 

I include the scorpions because they are included in many of the hair compilations over the years and frequently played on channel 39 - Hair Nation 

I understand the difficulty of pegging a genre, but I would say the above bands aren't really HAIR bands.  Queensryche started out with "big hair" but that was just prevelent marketing at the time.  Certainly not Aerosmith due to their longevity prior to the Hair craze.  That's why I feel 80s/90s tag is more appropriate, as obviously Aerosmith enjoyed their biggest commercial success during that time frame.

Regardless of the nomenclature, I look forward to seeing the rest of your list! 

Keep it up! 

On 12/16/2019 at 11:04 AM, BiffTannen said:

I am prepared for the hate I will get on this one and the comments that it should be much higher, but it's in that bubblegum category. 

86. Van Halen - Jump

Big VH fan, no problem with your ranking other than you lumping them in with Hair Metal---IMO, they were the inspiration for the rise of Hair Metal, producers & musicians trying to recreate the style they made up.

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Big VH fan, no problem with your ranking other than you lumping them in with Hair Metal---IMO, they were the inspiration for the rise of Hair Metal, producers & musicians trying to recreate the style they made up.

True and I should have mentioned this above in regards to Scorpions and Alice Cooper earlier. If this was a hair band countdown some of these bands would not be in the countdown. However, some songs made by bands that started in the 60s or 70s IMO fall into the hair category. KISS is another one- I hate their stuff from the 70s, but I love them after they tried to go hair rock. 

5 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Don't be such a faggit and try and ruin this thread :mad:

Like Iv'e said forever and DonS said earlier, music is subjective...Also, what I just said obviously doesn't mean a damn thing relating to your post.  I'm dumb like that on occasion. 
carry on

11 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

This band doesn't get near enough credit for how badass they are. If there was a Mt Rushmore of awesome these guys could very well be the headliner. I saw them open up for Warrant back in 2015 and it should have been the other way around. Warrant should be opening up for these guys.....

78. L.A. Guns - Electric Gypsy

Tracii fuckin Guns :headbanger:

Also gotta love Alf cameo (s)

15 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

The next band making their debut on the best countdown in the history of numbers is one of my all time favorites. For whatever reason they do not get the attention or credit they deserve and it irritates me because they KIX assss. 

80. KIX - Blow My Fuse

Your link doesn't work. 

• Like 1

This was one of my main jams when my weekends mostly consisted of strippers and Peruvian Fire... 

76. Slaughter - Up All Night

Quick disclaimer for the 3 people following this thread- I will being doing some traveling/drinking/drugging/being lazy new week through New Year's so the countdown may slow down at times, but it will get finished. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

A countdown without some David Coverdale isn't much of a countdown. 

75. Whitesnake - Fool for Your Loving

15 hours ago, DonS said:

agreed about The Scorpions

Additionally, some established hard rock bands of the era such as the Scorpions, Whitesnake, Dio, Aerosmith, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest and Accept began incorporating glam metal elements into their sounds and images, as the genre's popularity skyrocketed in 1985-86.[38]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glam_metal

• Thanks 1

You can never go wrong with songs that are best played in a breast bar...

74. BulletBoys - Smooth Up In Ya

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 7:51 AM, BiffTannen said:

80. KIX - Blow My Fuse

Love me some Kix.  Very under-rated

I love to pop this song on the jukebox at the bar when I'm about 10 beers deep and looking for a dirty chick to take home. 

73. Def Leppard - Let It Go

• Like 1

You must have a good mix of power ballads

72. Saigon Kick - Love Is On The Way 

• Like 1