Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

Am I Crazy: Benching WIlson

Facing Dak. Wilson could edge him out but I hate the matchup for Wilson. Panthers can be run on. Horrible for fantasy. If I win I would likely face Lamar so Wilson is not going to cut it next week either. They will run all over Ariz. 

Said screw it. I have Parker. He just got a pay raise and is trending on playing. Going with Fitz if he plays. Giants secondary is awful. If Parker plays with his new fat bank account I am fine with this win or lose. That's double points for me if he scores. Only thing I'm concerned about is Fitz being benched at half time with 2 picks. I can accept that risk because if he is throwing stupid picks against that secondary it's over for me anyway. I'm not beating Lamar the following week with Wilson. 

3 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Facing Dak. Wilson could edge him out but I hate the matchup for Wilson. Panthers can be run on. Horrible for fantasy. If I win I would likely face Lamar so Wilson is not going to cut it next week either. They will run all over Ariz. 

Said screw it. I have Parker. He just got a pay raise and is trending on playing. Going with Fitz if he plays. Giants secondary is awful. If Parker plays with his new fat bank account I am fine with this win or lose. That's double points for me if he scores. Only thing I'm concerned about is Fitz being benched at half time with 2 picks. I can accept that risk because if he is throwing stupid picks against that secondary it's over for me anyway. I'm not beating Lamar the following week with Wilson. 

Good talk. Glad we could help.

• Haha 2

He’s sucked ass lately in fantasy. I wouldn’t hesitate to bench him if you think you have a better option

49 minutes ago, eagles115 said:

No not crazy just a dumba$$ Wilson is stud top 3 qb... fitz focking sucks good luck

Wilson of the first half of the season, sure.

Since then he’s been hot garbage

For the record, I have no issues with benching Wilson, who has been underperforming for weeks. And I get the logic behind Fitz with his matchup and Parker clearing the protocol. I’m just not sure I’d have the stomach for it. 

Giants also cut their best CB Jarious Jenkins this week. He wasn't a shutdown but that can't be good at all for their secondary which was already poor. I just don't see how Fitz can screw this up, I mean I know he can but the risk of it are going down. If Parker and Albert Wilson return (looks like they will) the matchup is ideal for Fitz.

I love Russel WIlson but look at his down games. All against poor run defenses and Panthers have one of the worst if not the worst. If he was facing a stout run D I'd go with WIlson. The games he blew up in were NO, TB and LAR. Hard to run on those teams so he starts chunking it.

Update: Parker and Wilson are up. Fitz has to be bumped up some now.

If you start him, just ask him to toss a TD pass or two to Laird, please.

3 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Been doing what experts would call dumba$$ moves all season yet here I am. In the semi-finals.  

I like being a contrarian as well.  I was very active in the stock market from 1997 to 2007. I don't know if it still holds true today, but I know sometime during that period, a magazine, (possibly business week), did a study on the big investment house stock analyst's from Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, etc.

The study showed that if you sold an individual stock when they said buy, & bought when they said sell, you'd crush the returns of the major market indexes!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I was very active in the stock market from 1997 to 2007

If you got out before 2008 you were wise.

If you stayed out after 2008 you were foolish.

I like playing devil's advocate when making decisions which by the way, is a real process. There are courses on it. The 101 version of it with a hard decision;  establish the pros and cons of each course of action then weight them.

Only pro for Wilson is the season historical mean. I can't establish any other pro to start him. Great QB but if they can run they will and looks like they can all day. Tea leaves are saying he will have limited pass attempts and that clock is going to tick down fast with both teams trying to run.

18 minutes ago, stonewall said:

If you got out before 2008 you were wise.

If you stayed out after 2008 you were foolish.

Ain't that the truth. During the worst of it, there was a 4 to 6 month period where I couldn't even bear to log into my Fidelity account. I didn't sell anything, but I did make one buy, Bank Of America around $4.00 per share. My favorite Wall Street saying  "pigs get fat, & hogs get slaughtered" 

4 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Ain't that the truth. During the worst of it, there was a 4 to 6 month period where I couldn't even bear to log into my Fidelity account. I didn't sell anything, but I did make one buy, Bank Of America around $4.00 per share. My favorite Wall Street saying  "pigs get fat, & hogs get slaughtered" 

Yup....and nice buy on the BoA stock.

Baron Rothschild was the originator, but I have heard it repeated by Buffet: "The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets".

As a lower middle class guy, I had very little exposure to the market, but followed this policy after the crash of 2008. I invested every penny of savings I had. My wife though I had lost my mind, because all pundits were screaming "run!". Has worked out really well, thank the Lord....although I am still kicking myself for not buying up some Ford stock when it bottomed out at $1/share.

Now, speaking of low stock prices currently, let's get back to Wilson.....

If you don't know how Fitz can screw the pooch on this, you don't know Fitz. Aaaaaaand, we're talking about counting on Devante Parker to deliver something other than disappointment. But the ceiling is certainly there.

I'd much rather lose starting good football players like Wilson with a matchup off a bad loss than to lose chasing a lesser player's match-up and getting jobbed on it. But I can completely understand if that's not the norm or what you're thinking. I'd go Wilson and live with the results either way rather than going Fitz and risking being ticked all fall if he screws me and throws up a 7...like last week vs the Jets.

18 minutes ago, jimaveli said:

If you don't know how Fitz can screw the pooch on this, you don't know Fitz. Aaaaaaand, we're talking about counting on Devante Parker to deliver something other than disappointment. But the ceiling is certainly there.

I'd much rather lose starting good football players like Wilson with a matchup off a bad loss than to lose chasing a lesser player's match-up and getting jobbed on it. But I can completely understand if that's not the norm or what you're thinking. I'd go Wilson and live with the results either way rather than going Fitz and risking being ticked all fall if he screws me and throws up a 7...like last week vs the Jets.

Can't argue any of that with you. Fitzmagic has broken my heart before.

Speaking of guys coming off bad losses....would you have the nads to roll out Brady against the Bengals over Wilson?

12 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Wilson. 

8 hours ago, stonewall said:

Can't argue any of that with you. Fitzmagic has broken my heart before.

Speaking of guys coming off bad losses....would you have the nads to roll out Brady against the Bengals over Wilson?

I don’t think so.

Brady is a different beast to me. He’s hurt, New England’s offense is a mess due to offensive line stuff, injuries, and Tom almost obviously not loving his weapons. They’re having to resort to trick plays. Regularly. And even with that, teams are comfortable just blitzing the hell out of Brady and covering man to man on the backend. That was once a suicidal defensive plan.

Yes, the Ghost of ‘We’re Onto Cincinatti’ looms large. And both teams generally like to run a lot of plays. And the Pats could also ‘figure it out’. But talk about contrarian: the Pats pride themselves on being flexible and unpredictable. They could show up and run Brandon Bolden all day and who would be shocked?

49 minutes ago, jimaveli said:

Yes, the Ghost of ‘We’re Onto Cincinatti’ looms large.

Had forgot about that press conference that Wild Bill did after the blowout loss to KC years ago....classic.

Apparently, Brady remembers, as he tweeted those words this week. 

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/09/patriots-tom-brady-instagram-were-on-to-cincinnati/

I'm already down over 20 pts. Wilson hasn't had a strong game in a month fantasy wise. If there was a time to swing for the fence this is it. Giants secondary in shambles, Parker got a fat contract over the weekend, heavy wind (long FG's ain't happening) and both teams have weak run games. Could even see some OT. 

I'm stacking Fitz and Parker. Tried to talk myself out of it but as a project manager by trade, the risk have been mitigated. The higher risk is actually Wilson because one would have to use season historical stats from a month ago.

Fitzpatrick in high wind. Almost cut Devante Parker coming off a concussion and just getting paid. His last good outing was vs Philly. I understand why you’re in on this but the path to fantasy death is one we can all see. Maybe Fitz can throw up another big rushing game (65 yards last week) and you’ll be fine either way. Good luck!

13 hours ago, easilyscan said:

I like being a contrarian as well.  I was very active in the stock market from 1997 to 2007. I don't know if it still holds true today, but I know sometime during that period, a magazine, (possibly business week), did a study on the big investment house stock analyst's from Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, etc.

The study showed that if you sold an individual stock when they said buy, & bought when they said sell, you'd crush the returns of the major market indexes!

The studies I’m aware of says nobody, and I mean no one, can beat the index average over many years. Maybe for a year, sometimes more if you get a real hot streak, but never more than several years.

Yep. At least it was two good games and no disasters to be had either way. And Parker did his thing. Maybe he’s reliab..*lighting strikes a nearby tree*..