Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Best music streaming option? Thinking about getting Spotify family.

My kids have used free spotify for a while. 14.99 doesnt seem bad for unlimited for up to 6 people. Any better options?

37 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I use Apple Music and it’s fine. Really haven’t branched out at all though

Of course you do

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Definitely Spotify over Apple Music. 

Why have you used both? What makes one better than the other?

Maybe stupid question.  I use Amazon Music.  We have a firestick and two Alexa's.   Is this the same thing y'all are talking about?   I don't actually buy any music but for <I cannot remember the price I pay> I can just ask to listen to any song or album.

Same thing as spotify or apple music?

12 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Maybe stupid question.  I use Amazon Music.  We have a firestick and two Alexa's.   Is this the same thing y'all are talking about?   I don't actually buy any music but for <I cannot remember the price I pay> I can just ask to listen to any song or album.

Same thing as spotify or apple music?

Through my research, Amazon has Amazon Prime Music and Amazon Unlimited.  Prime music is a watered down version of Music Unlimited that is free with Prime.  Amazon Unlimited seems pretty much the same as Spotify.  Im going with Spotify because we all already have spotify playlists and it works with Alexa too.

41 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

No, it’s just lame to give Apple $10 a month. They are all pretty much 99% identical at this point anyways. Spotify pioneered streaming music this way and that’s who you should give your money too. Only phag hipsters have Apple Music. 

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

No, it’s just lame to give Apple $10 a month. They are all pretty much 99% identical at this point anyways. Spotify pioneered streaming music this way and that’s who you should give your money too. Only phag hipsters have Apple Music. 

You are just like the Democrats and impeachment, NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE yet you talk like you know. I guess it is one of your lefty traits. You have no idea if they are identical.

Apple Music offers 14.99 for up to 5 people. I use Apple Music and love it but have no idea if it is better or worse than anything else. All I know is that it integrates seamlessly with my other Apple products. 

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I use Apple Music and it’s fine. Really haven’t branched out at all though

Go to the following link: https://beta.music.apple.com/replay

Apple summarizes your music preference for the year by song, Album, and Artist. They will also create a playlist of your top 100 songs of the year. You can play Apple Music through Alexa or Siri if you wish.

It also integrates my iTunes library. 

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

call me old school, but Pandora free is fine for me

Yes, it is a personal thing depending on your needs.

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Spotify pioneered streaming music this way and that’s who you should give your money too. Only phag hipsters have Apple Music. 

Apple pioneered the smart phone, the tablet, , the iPod, the user friendly operating system, etc. and that’s who you should be giving your money too.. But you don’t, why?

29 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I started with Pandora free long ago, but eventually moved to Spotify.  At the time Pandora was more like a radio station (even paid, which mostly removed commercials) than the ability to specify artists/songs, so I moved to Spotify.  Don't use Apple so can't speak for it.  We give Amazon more money than the government so I probably should look into their music, but I'm happy with Spotify.  I and at least two of my kids are on individual plans, I need to figure out how to transition to a single family plan.

I mostly got it for traveling to download music for the airplane.  Lately I've been using it with our new Sonos speakers and it is awesome.  On that note, with Sonos I've discovered Tune-In radio which has all of our local radio stations (including the main sports station) and, tonight, a really good Christmas smooth jazz station.  :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Apple pioneered the smart phone, the tablet, , the iPod, the user friendly operating system, etc. and that’s who you should be giving your money too.. But you don’t, why?

Windows 10 is better than any OS Apple has ever come out with. Same with W7 was better in its time as well. User friendly is just code for boomer tech.  The only thing Apple nailed was the iPod which wouldn’t sell in today’s market and their cell phones are of very high quality, I have one myself and it’s mainly just for the security. Spotify has plugins, it’s open source, you install 3rd party apps the same way you can with google chrome browser. I didn’t think you would care about any of that but that is one of the reasons Spotify is way better. It also comes in dark mode and Apple just figured out in 2019 dark mode is superior to light mode. 

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Ive used both. I used to have Spotify. My parents got a family plan for apple music, so now I use that, it being free and all.

Both are very similar. Not much difference. I preferred Spotify slightly. A little bit better with the curation, and I like the dark theme. Spotify also has a lot of Stand up. Spotify also works with fitbit, if that matters to anyone. 

15 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Windows 10 is better than any OS Apple has ever come out with. Same with W7 was better in its time as well. User friendly is just code for boomer tech.  The only thing Apple nailed was the iPod which wouldn’t sell in today’s market and their cell phones are of very high quality, I have one myself and it’s mainly just for the security. Spotify has plugins, it’s open source, you install 3rd party apps the same way you can with google chrome browser. I didn’t think you would care about any of that but that is one of the reasons Spotify is way better. It also comes in dark mode and Apple just figured out in 2019 dark mode is superior to light mode. 

Windows 10 is superior to osx. That was not true with the prior version of windows.

The main benefit to Apple is continuity. Having your phone, computer, and tablet all integrated is nice. Being able to send files back and forth, switch from one to another, is nice. That really isn't available on any other platform.

I wish either Google had a desktop os that was seamless with Android, or that windows phones had done better. Those were actually pretty good, they just sucked at getting developers on board. 

7 hours ago, Fireballer said:

My kids have used free spotify for a while. 14.99 doesnt seem bad for unlimited for up to 6 people. Any better options?

For 14.99 I'll sing to your family. I'll send a beautiful personalized song every 3 days on your answering machine. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

We give Amazon more money than the government so I probably should look into their music, but I'm happy with Spotify.  

Ive researched both extensively.  We too, have Prime and shop Amazon alot.  Ive found no reason to go with Amazon especially while weve got alot of playlists in Spotify.  

29 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Ive researched both extensively.  We too, have Prime and shop Amazon alot.  Ive found no reason to go with Amazon especially while weve got alot of playlists in Spotify.  

I used Amazon briefly on a free trial. I found it quite good. 

9 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I dislike Pandora. It plays a lot of songs I don't like. I want a specific library to play from. 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I dislike Pandora. It plays a lot of songs I don't like. I want a specific library to play from. 

Yes.  I get that Pandora tries to expand your "station" to give you more music but alot of times they are way off. Also they play alot of live versions of songs I dont care for.