Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Christmas munchies

Can't remember what she calls them but mrs(36C) puts peanut butter between two ritz crackers and covers them in vanilla almond bark.

Homemade peanut clusters

Old fashioned Christmas candy(and not that filled stuff) just the old fashioned rock candy.

What else?

I remember that old fashioned holiday mix.  My grandma always had that out for Christmas and also those Brach's Royals and mixed nuts in the shell.  I felt cool as can be as a kid cracking open my own nuts.  That sounds bad but you know what I mean.  

Also, my favorite is Brach's Christmas nougats.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I remember that old fashioned holiday mix.  My grandma always had that out for Christmas and also those Brach's Royals and mixed nuts in the shell.  I felt cool as can be as a kid cracking open my own nuts.  That sounds bad but you know what I mean.  

Dang, Brach's, haven't had that in 35+ years.  Agreed that those were special "fancy" candy back in the day.  Thanks for the memory.  :thumbsup:

54 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I remember that old fashioned holiday mix.  My grandma always had that out for Christmas

I was looking for it this last week with no luck,finally found it today and of all places Dollar General.

8 hours ago, fandandy said:

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Dang, Brach's, haven't had that in 35+ years.  Agreed that those were special "fancy" candy back in the day.  Thanks for the memory.  :thumbsup:

Do you remember the big Brach’s displays they used to have at the grocery store?  

https://www.google.com/search?q=brach's+candy+display&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=ervGLIGK3nPibM:

We had the nuts too.  We also had lots of pecans since my grandparents were pecan farmers.

Home made Chex mix was one of my favorites, and for some reason olives were always put out on Christmas  

Daughter just made some kinda crunchbwith chex...pretzles...cheerios..mms and white chocolate drizzle...pretty good

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Do you remember the big Brach’s displays they used to have at the grocery store?  

https://www.google.com/search?q=brach's+candy+display&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=ervGLIGK3nPibM:

Not really... I feel like we generally got the assorted bag of Royals; I was a fan of the fruit filled ones.  Vanilla?  Cmon man... :D

The other styles are familiar as well.  I think everyone kept a tray of Brach's somethingorother out at the holidays; it would keep us kids busy working on early diabetes while the parents visited and talked.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Pretzels covered in almond bark.

Lefse with butter and sugar (for us Scandinavians)

Rosettes!

15 hours ago, nzoner said:

Can't remember what she calls them but mrs(36C) puts peanut butter between two ritz crackers and covers them in vanilla almond bark.

That’s not where she puts the peanut butter when I’m around. :dunno: 

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Home made Chex mix was one of my favorites, and for some reason olives were always put out on Christmas  

Was experimenting a few years ago and came up with this one

1 large bag of Gardettos,1 large bag of Cheezits,1 large can of mixed nuts.It's now a regular in our house :wub:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Not really... I feel like we generally got the assorted bag of Royals; I was a fan of the fruit filled ones.  Vanilla?  Cmon man... :D

The other styles are familiar as well.  I think everyone kept a tray of Brach's somethingorother out at the holidays; it would keep us kids busy working on early diabetes while the parents visited and talked.  :thumbsup:

I never understood the allure of the Neopolitans.  I never knew anyone who liked those, but apparently nzoner does.     Basic caramels were my favorite.

Will be making something different, unique, and traditional all at the same time: figgy puddin and sugar plums. Heading to columbia Saturday to my sisters restaurant for our family Christmas (a lot of us are busy) then heading to Nebraska. Making those two things since everyone is bringing desserts. Also surprising everyone by ordering a brisket to be overnighted from salt lick where I had my rehearsal dinner. Should get here tomorrow 

37 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I never understood the allure of the Neopolitans.  I never knew anyone who liked those, but apparently nzoner does.     Basic caramels were my favorite.

If it's coconut I'm in,Almond Joy,Mounds,Creme pie.....

• Like 1

Homemade powdered sugar covered “snowball” pecan nougat cookies 

my wife's family make assorted cookies and fudge.  

My parents' anniversary is 12/24 so we did not do much for Christmas.  I often spent it at my friend's house.

12 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

My parents' anniversary is 12/24 so we did not do much for Christmas.  I often spent it at my friend's house.

Wife’s family does the same with Christmas cookies and Buckeyes. They’ve already made them (they like to freeze their cookies and Buckeyes) so we will get to enjoy them when we go down this weekend. 

17 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Wife’s family does the same with Christmas cookies and Buckeyes. They’ve already made them (they like to freeze their cookies and Buckeyes) so we will get to enjoy them when we go down this weekend. 

We were worried sick!  :angry:

7 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

:(

19 minutes ago, drobeski said:

:(

No.  All was good. Closest friend since we were 5. He has 2 older brothers..   they were my second family and I loved my Christmases with them.

10 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Will be making something different, unique, and traditional all at the same time: figgy puddin and sugar plums. Heading to columbia Saturday to my sisters restaurant for our family Christmas (a lot of us are busy) then heading to Nebraska. Making those two things since everyone is bringing desserts. Also surprising everyone by ordering a brisket to be overnighted from salt lick where I had my rehearsal dinner. Should get here tomorrow 

Hey Digby. Glad to see you're still around. 👍

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Hey Digby. Glad to see you're still around. 👍

Yea been pretty busy lately. Got a lot going on during the holidays 

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yea been pretty busy lately. Got a lot going on during the holidays 

👍

21 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Not near the same but I missed being born on Christmas Day by 5 hours,mama nzoner always said,"boy you're lucky you didn't come with a receipt."

On 12/19/2019 at 6:53 AM, Cruzer said:

Best Xmas goodie of all time -

tamales! :pointstosky:

Poor people need something to unwrap on Christmas too.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1