iam90sbaby

Rock is about to make a huge comeback

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I also think Rock is going to make a comeback in mainstream.  Not due to emo rap though..😂.  But certainly to each their own..and always appreciate champions of underground genres.  I have been listening to alot of "beach goth" type stuff..The Growlers, Allah Las, Vacations, Mac Demarco, Good Morning.  They're good but they won't change the landscape.  What will I think is all the young lady singer songwriters...Snail Mail, Alvvays, Soccer Mommy, Courtney Barnett.  I imagine there a lot of young ladies picking up guitars.

They are the only ones doing anything innovative in the genre, like Finn said everything else is just copy/paste. Lotus and guccihighwaters just got signed to Epititah and when a label like picks you it’s a good sign. I don’t think a bunch of women playing guitars is going to save rock. 😂

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

Rock went away? :dunno:

Not for me, for the last 40 years I've still been discovering great stuff that I missed in the 70's  :headbanger:

Yeah, kids don’t listen to rock anymore

10 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I also think Rock is going to make a comeback in mainstream.  Not due to emo rap though..😂.  But certainly to each their own..and always appreciate champions of underground genres.  I have been listening to alot of "beach goth" type stuff..The Growlers, Allah Las, Vacations, Mac Demarco, Good Morning.  They're good but they won't change the landscape.  What will I think is all the young lady singer songwriters...Snail Mail, Alvvays, Soccer Mommy, Courtney Barnett.  I imagine there a lot of young ladies picking up guitars.

Other than rock, I have never heard of anyone or anything in this post. 

19 hours ago, porkbutt said:

:lol:

this

5 minutes ago, frank said:

Other than rock, I have never heard of anyone or anything in this post. 

put Mac Demarco radio on Pandora for a few songs..let us know what you think.  Check out Static Buzz by Snail Mail.

is Post Malone rock?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

is Post Malone rock?

No, but him doing that song with Ozzy is another good sign. It sucked, but better than 99% of the stuff on the radio now. 

People's elbow is the worst finishing move since Hogan's leg drop

42 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

They are the only ones doing anything innovative in the genre, like Finn said everything else is just copy/paste. Lotus and guccihighwaters just got signed to Epititah and when a label like picks you it’s a good sign. I don’t think a bunch of women playing guitars is going to save rock. 😂

its not so much they will save it, more widen the rock audience

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

High schoolers and college students music of today is adults music of tomorrow. No one under 30 knows who any of those artists are but everyone knows about the GBC. 

11 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I just listened to:

No 20 something is going to listen to that. This could’ve got really popular in the mid to late 2000s when Bright Eyes and The Killers we’re blowing up, but it isn’t digital enough for today’s music. Kids like making beats on their computer and using 808’s. That’s what they enjoy doing now days. 

3 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Rock went away? :dunno:

Not for me, for the last 40 years I've still been discovering great stuff that I missed in the 70's  :headbanger:

Telling my whole life... in his words

Killing me softly.... with his song.

I hope 90sbaby is right. The song in the OP is better than OK. It's not the reason you bought the album but you don't feel a need to skip it. could get use to more songs like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

High schoolers and college students music of today is adults music of tomorrow. No one under 30 knows who any of those artists are but everyone knows about the GBC. 

Snail Mail is a stage name for Lindsey Jordan, she is 20 years old.  Soccer Mommy is Sophie Allison, 22.  Alvvays lead singer and main songwriter is Molly Rankin, 25?  Their last album won the Juno award for the best alternative album.  I think a few people you know might know those 2 that Epitaph signed.

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I hope 90sbaby is right. The song in the OP is better than OK. It's not the reason you bought the album but you don't feel a need to skip it. could get use to more songs like that.

hadnt, but just did listen to that..I wouldnt seek it out, but it is a good song

36 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Not sure how much of this youll beable to stomach, but just to give you an idea of how much the culture is changing, this is MGK in 2015:

Absolute dog sh!t trash.

This is him now:

A lot of others are releasing rock tracks next year too. I’m pretty pump for 2020. 

On 12/18/2019 at 5:44 PM, DonS said:

Thank you for sharing that.  That video was very well done and informative.  Not my cup o' tea, unfortunately, but that's why music is so great. You like what you like and that's fine by me if I dont feel the same way.

And here's this to cleanse my palate:

Watch to the end if you just want to see some tittays.

:cheers:

I'm good with most things ghost, Matadon or Gojira to cleanse a music pallet

That Hu song is neat, and I like Ghost. The rest of the music in this thread is too fhaggy for me.

Here's a little something to get your testosterone levels up:

• Like 1

I did notice yesterday a huge new billboard in Los Angeles for 98.7 Alternative Rock.  They mix a lot of 90s rock with some modern hits. 

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

What about this? Its kind of 80s sounding

That's pretty good. I'm seeing that you have a point

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

What about this? Its kind of 80s sounding

Reminds me of the recent Beck and cage the elephant song....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

That Hu song is neat, and I like Ghost. The rest of the music in this thread is too fhaggy for me. 

Here's some more Ghost for you.  I believe this video was actually made by a fan, which is why you'll see clips from movies and TV shows.  Quality job.

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Here's some more Ghost for you.  I believe this video was actually made by a fan, which is why you'll see clips from movies and TV shows.  Quality job.

Took my daughter to see ghost a year ago in November... Very entertaining but it helped that it was in an old amphitheatre with all kinds of Gothic looking shitte hanging on the walls, probably my favorite song of theirs...

3 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Took my daughter to see ghost a year ago in November... Very entertaining but it helped that it was in an old amphitheatre with all kinds of Gothic looking shitte hanging on the walls, probably my favorite song of theirs...

Saw them with my son in Portland and then my daughter here in Seattle. Such a fun show.  Love this song and then Deus In Absentia.

Btw, was your taint properly tickled and your azz wobbled? 

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Btw, was your taint properly tickled and your azz wobbled? 

Took me a minute to remember that :)

2 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Took me a minute to remember that :)

Can't remember if I've already posted this pic of a family at the Seattle show: https://postimg.cc/9rmCMxz7

The kid is especially awesome.