Sign in to follow this  
shaabyi

L Bell VS Steelers D

Ok, we have all been waiting for this.

Bell would love to knock out the Steelers from the playoffs, yet Steelers D has not given up a 100 rusher (nor has Bell gotten one.)

Who wins? Bell or Steelers?

Shaabyi

Steelers would love to knock the sht out of Bell, I’m going with the defense 

• Thanks 1

In terms of who I expect to finish with a higher rank at their position, I would definitely say Steelers D. But it's not mutually exclusive. Bell could score a TD and the Steelers could pick Darnold off five times, resulting in good days for both.

Also, I'm not big on narratives (revenge games, contract years, QBs throwing to college roommates, etc.), but I do think there's a slightly elevated chance that if the Jets get down close, Bell is begging the coaches to give him a crack at the end zone. But who knows? Maybe Gase hates him so much at this point he deliberately snubs him and let's the backup vulture the TD.

It's only for a consolation match, so I'm not giving it a ton of thought, but will probably start Bell over Singletary/Washington in non-PPR. 

I'm starting the Pitt Defense in the Championship game, although a little worried about this Steelers vs Jets/Bell scenario.  I also have the KC defense going against the Bears on my bench.