Old School

Man sentenced to 16 years for burning the flag

I swear you tricked me, good. I was not expecting this. I opened this thinking it was some Hong Kong kid with a Chinese flag.

Clearly some flags are more revered/protected/important than others. 👎

If it were an American flag and he got sentence to that the left would riot on the courthouse steps. 

So the dude stole a gay flag from a church and then took it to a gay bar and set it on fire?  Wow.  Sounds like he confessed too.  I guess Iowa has some pretty serious repeat offender laws.  

He stole someone else's flag, lit a public fire, and he's a repeat offender. I don't have problem with some jail time, but the whole "hate crime" BS is what makes my blood boil.

45 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Gofundme to get Hawkeye a new flag. :thumbsup:

:first:

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

That actually made me laugh.  Well done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

He stole someone else's flag, lit a public fire, and he's a repeat offender. I don't have problem with some jail time, but the whole "hate crime" BS is what makes my blood boil.

The charges are bullsh!t. 

Arson? He stole the flag and burned it elsewhere. 

Hate crime? Gtfo with that garbage. 

Jail time for this? Maybe since he's a repeat offender, but it should be measured in days, not 16 focking years! 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Jail time for this? Maybe since he's a repeat offender, but it should be measured in days, not 16 focking years! 

Yeah. Sure looks like something is being omitted or swapped around to try to change the message of the story.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

Yeah. Sure looks like something is being omitted or swapped around to try to change the message of the story.

I also noticed from the picture that he's a Muslimy looking type. That could be part of the equation here.

ETA: nvm. Based on the name, looks like a spic. 

I did know he was a muslim. In that case, send him to GITMO for some cockmeat sammich. 

26 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That actually made me laugh.  Well done.

Watch out, you don't want to become one of us crazies.  It's happened.

As far as the event goes, I would expect the ACLU to get involved.  I can't imagine we are talking about a rational human being here. 

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh, yeah, I agree the jail time should be minimal, and only because he's a repeat offender. For a first time offender, maybe a fine for the fire code violation, and restitution for the stolen flag.

Lol.  Attempted murder charges get reduced and someone goes to prison for a year, while a repeat flag burner gets 16 years.  What a focked up legal system.  I'm sure there's more to it than the headline, but JFC.

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Just glad I wasn't picked hah. 

Iowa must not play when it comes to repeat offenders.  After reading Iowas arson laws, this appears to be a 2nd degree arson which can get you up to ten years normally.

Arson one of those violent crimes that was taken very seriously 200 years ago due to the impact that an arson could havd way back then.  

On 12/20/2019 at 3:11 AM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wow how does this even hold up in court

if Obama had a Judge

10 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Iowa must not play when it comes to repeat offenders.  After reading Iowas arson laws, this appears to be a 2nd degree arson which can get you up to ten years normally.

Arson one of those violent crimes that was taken very seriously 200 years ago due to the impact that an arson could havd way back then.  

Were the gays protesting or something?  Seems a little harsh.